Your bridesmaids are true gemstones, especially with all the support they’ve offered throughout the wedding planning process! Therefore, you surely want them to feel just as precious as they are when they walk down the aisle to announce your own big entrance.
How do you choose bridesmaids’ dresses with ease and avoid all conflicts? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- You cannot have your bridesmaids dressed in ultra-tiny clubbing dresses when you want to have a classy, elegant wedding. Likewise, satin wedding gowns may not be a very good choice for a casual wedding either. Think of your wedding style before drawing the lines for your bridesmaids’ dresses style!
- In general, bridesmaids’ dresses are matched with the wedding colors. However, this does not have to be a tone-on-tone kind of matching. You can get more creative and allow your bridesmaids to wear different shades of the same color gamma. This is actually ideal not only because it will look special in the pictures, but also because it will allow each bridesmaid to wear a dress color that flatters her skin tone.
- In terms of bridesmaids’ dresses design, you should be as permissive as possible. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and chances are your bridesmaids do not all look the same. Therefore, you might want to settle a very precise feature that connects all dresses (e.g. the neckline, the length, or the fabric of the dress) – and then allow your super-ladies to wear whatever cut and design suits them best.
Classy and romantic, torn out of old-school stories of love and history, The Blackhorse Inn proudly hosts weddings that are absolutely breathtaking, every single time. Contact us today to learn about our offer and come visit our splendid venue – you will love it here!
As the amazing hosts you are, you want your beloved friends and relatives to have a genuinely great time at your wedding. That’s natural, after all – they have come a long way and they are here to celebrate your love story, so you will want to reward them with a night they will always remember.
What are some of the most special ways to entertain wedding guests? Here are the best ideas:
- If you and your future spouse come from different cultural backgrounds, you should definitely add this to your wedding day plan. A dance inspired by your ethnicity, a song that honors your ancestry, beautiful national costumes that are meaningful for you – these things add color and uniqueness to a wedding, so don’t be afraid to get creative.
- Pull out the games and tricks. From Mad Libs to guest books that collect date night advice and ideas, from lawn games to oversized board games – nothing is too much when it comes to a wedding (and even more so when it comes to a casual, outdoor wedding). Plan some fun games for your guests and they will surely love it!
- Hire a performer or a caricaturist. Fire jugglers, sword swallowers, talented artists that create caricatures on the spot – these are not the kind of things people see every day at weddings. Sprinkle yours with a bit of originality and bring in someone who will actually bring a smile on their faces!
Are you planning a wedding in Virginia? Do you want your wedding venue to be filled with history, love, and passion for beautiful events? Come visit Black Horse Inn, then – we guarantee you will love every single inch of the amazing wedding venue we offer for events such as yours!
While some brides and grooms prefer to “run away” from tradition, there are also many of them who like going back to their roots and celebrate their big day in a way that connects them with their ancestry, with their family history and with their beliefs.
For example, if you come from a Catholic family, you may want to have a Catholic wedding ceremony. But how does a traditional one look like? Here are some tips for you to keep in mind:
- It needs to take place in a Catholic church. Unlike with other Christian denominations, a Catholic wedding needs to take place in an actual Catholic house of worship – otherwise, it will not be considered official. There are instances when a bishop may give you permission to have your wedding someplace else (such as an outdoor space) – but these cases are quite rare.
- With or without Nuptial Mass. Many Catholic couples choose to include their wedding in a Nuptial Mass – but some choose to keep it shorter and stick to the basics (vows and exchange of rings). If you do settle on the first version, remember that it will be longer, as it will include the gospel, the homily, the consecration, the communion and the readings (followed by psalms).
- The communion is an important part of the Mass and it will take place once the vows have been spelled out. If you have non-Catholic wedding party members, discuss with your priest and see if they have to line up for the communion too (and simply refrain from taking it), or if it is better for them to stay at their seats until this part of the ceremony is done.
Searching for a lovely wedding venue filled with history, elegance and grace? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at the wonderful wedding venue option we offer right here, in Virginia!