You may have noticed this, but cactuses and succulents are everywhere – in fashion, home design, and, of course, weddings too. If you love the idea of incorporating a bit of “spiky beauty” into your Big Day, you will be happy to learn that there are plenty of ways to do this. Following, we have gathered some of the most popular cactus-inspired wedding ideas – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Patterned envelope liners. Even the simplest wedding invitation suites can be instantly cheered up by a cute patterned envelope liner. Choose one with cactuses to show off your favorite wedding motif – we bet guests will find it more than adorable.
- Place setting/ wedding favor. Mini-cactuses are more than cute – so why not offer them as wedding favors? Place them nicely on the table for each wedding guest – this way, they will play a decorative role and double as wedding favors. For a dash of uniqueness, you can always personalize the cactus pot with your wedding monogram or any other message you find suitable.
- Thought cactuses and cakes have nothing in common? Well, aside from the fact that they both start with “c”, they can both be incorporated together too! Imagine a gorgeous, white wedding cake topped by a pretty cactus – it’s something your guests will love for its uniqueness!
- For the ceremony. Want to have a truly remarkable wedding ceremony décor? Use cactuses to create a magnificently original ceremony backdrop – it will wow guests from the very moment they step into the ceremony space!
Looking for the best, most elegant, and most beautiful historical wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and we will make sure the Big Day you are planning is truly amazing, from all points of view!
Photo source: flickr.com/ nparekhcards
Maybe surprisingly for many of you, wreaths can really create a wonderful atmosphere during the Big Day. Not only can they be used for a Christmas-themed wedding, but they can beautify and refresh any other wedding theme as well.
How to incorporate wreaths into your wedding? We have some wonderfully creative ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
- During the wedding ceremony, as a backdrop. Want to create a unique, personal and truly beautiful backdrop for your ceremony altar? An oversized wreath can go a really long way in adding a dab of color, freshness and simple elegance to your entire ceremony.
- During the wedding reception, as table décor. You can even use wreaths as table décor! For example, you can use a wreath on each table, as centerpiece. This is a very easy, but special way of adding a bit of naturalness to a rustic wedding, shabby chic or simply off-the-beat wedding. Furthermore, you can even use wreaths for the plate placement décor (e.g. mini-wreaths placed on top of the napkin will make everything look cuter, more personal, and more well-tied together as well).
- As the entire wedding theme. Why not use wreaths as your entire wedding theme? From your flower girl’s and bridesmaids’ hair accessories to the pre- and day-of stationery, everything can be gorgeously embellished with wreaths – be them simple and green, or intricately floral and sweet. Picking this wedding theme will be highly appreciated by everyone at your wedding!
Looking for a marvelous wedding venue in Virginia? You should definitely come and check out what Black Horse Inn has to offer. Surrounded by the marvels of Mother Nature and the stunning landscape of Virginia, our historical wedding venue is here to provide you with an elegant, exquisite space for the most stunning day of your entire life.
Photo source: flickr.com/ Bellafaye Garden
Choosing a beautiful wedding theme is really important if you want everything to be absolutely flawless, unique and unforgettable. And while there may be a lot of themes to choose from, have you considered a woodland-inspired wedding?
If yes, we have gathered some gorgeous tips to help you pull off your woodland Big Day – so read on and find out more.
- Pick the right colors. Your wedding colors should be inspired by the beautiful woodland décor. Think of deep greens that remind you of the secular trees, think of warm browns and tints of yellow and orange (especially if your wedding is going to be closer to the fall season) – and, ultimately, think of natural hues that look gorgeous together.
- Include moss. Greenery can add a lot to your wedding décor – but you don’t have to stick to the all-too-traditional options everyone’s so familiar with these days. Moss can be a superb choice, especially for a woodland wedding, since it will add that natural vibe and it will make your florals and décor look more original.
- Focus on the green in the bouquets. Your bridal bouquet and your bridesmaids’ bouquets should also look natural and relaxing – so think of ways to include as much greenery as possible. Large, almost cascading bouquets of white flowers and pretty greenery, deep-red roses with wild flowers and foliage aplenty – these small touches will make your look (and the look of your bridesmaids) feel closer to Mother Nature and the beauty of the woodland area.
Planning your Big Day in Virginia? Want to be surrounded by natural beauty, elegance, history and timeless sophistication? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at the splendid venue we offer! Come visit us and allow us to be part of your love story!
Sophisticated and yet so close to nature, wine country weddings have gained a lot of popularity in the last few years – and we can definitely see why. There’s something truly elegant in the chic combination of winery-themed décor and a bohemian touch – and it’s almost impossible not to fall in love with it!
How to pull it off, though? How to create a truly stunning wine country inspired wedding? Here are some tips for you to keep in mind:
The Black Horse Inn
- The colors. In general, winery-themed weddings go with the natural hues of summer and spring (since this is when most of these weddings happen). Lavender, earthy notes, deep reds (such as that encountered in red wildflowers) – these are just some of the colors you can include in a wine country wedding.
- The attires. If you want your winery-inspired wedding to be truly stylish and chic, push the attires to the “chic” limits, rather than the “rustic” ones. For the bride, a long and romantic sheath dress will be the perfect complement to the surrounding natural landscape. For the bridesmaids, pretty cream gowns accessorized with gold flower crowns will look elegant and graceful.
- The dinner. Elevate your family-style rustic-chic dinner table with opulent wedding florals and with tableware and glassware that look luxurious and fancy. This way, you perfectly combine the roughness of the country setting and the elegance of a winery to create a wedding décor and ambiance that are truly unique and fabulous.
Searching for a venue to have a wine country inspired wedding? Located less than one hour outside of Washington DC, The Black Horse Inn prides itself to be one of the most reputable, elegant and beautiful historical weddings. Come visit us, take a look at what we offer and you will be so charmed that you will want to book us right away!