Flowers will always be a huge element in every type of wedding décor. Yet, what happens when you are tired of seeing the same old flower arrangements placed at the center of each wedding table?
Are there any non-floral wedding centerpiece alternatives?
Of course there are – and following, we have gathered some ideas to inspire you too!
- A touch of playfulness with some wedding theme-colored pinwheels. This is perfect for an early spring wedding day – or for a couple who really wants to sprinkle the Big Day with their naturally playful, childish side.
- A touch of personal taste. Are you a fan of a particular book? Or do you have something that has connected you with each other? Bring stacks of old, vintage-looking books and put them on top of one another. Feel free to add any kind of extra-décor you may need – such as a bow, a fun card, and so on.
- A touch of green. Have you seen how popular succulents are, especially at weddings? Why not incorporate this idea for your wedding centerpieces When properly maintained, succulents can actually survive in a shockingly large variety of conditions. Thus, they are most definitely
- A touch of Fall. With Fall fully installed upon us, many of you may be thinking of a wedding in this season. If you want to have a Fall-inspired wedding, you can definitely create some of the most gorgeous centerpieces and table runners using dried leaves, pinecones, fruit, greenery, and so on. This will look so special and beautiful!
Looking for the best wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who will host the most beautiful and unforgettable day of your entire life. Contact us today and learn more about the packages we offer to all those who want to get married under our roof!
Here at Black Horse Inn, we love nothing more than seeing happy couples. We love seeing people tying the knot and joyfully stepping into the married life. We love being part of their love stories. And, at the end of the day, we love knowing they were genuinely satisfied with the services we offered.
Kathy & Jack were our clients too – and, as you will see below, they were more than happy with the way their wedding turned out. In fact, their wedding was so stunning that it even got featured in Borrowed and Blue. Here are some of the most beautiful details of their Big Day:
- The entire wedding was centered on simple colors: white, nudes, green, and a dash of gray. Everything was gorgeously complemented by golden accents that added a very beautiful, elegant note to the entire décor, making it feel more than stylish.
- The bridesmaids wore beautiful lacy gray dresses that worked just amazingly with the wedding décor and the vibe created at Kathy and Jack’s Big Day. Their necklines were different for a bit of diversity, but overall, the dresses looked really great together, in perfect harmony with Kathy’s stunning sweetheart wedding gown and with the details incorporated in the wedding décor itself.
- As for the cake, its beauty and elegance were only outmeasured by its lovely simplicity: a small, one-tier white wedding cake with rustic/ shabby accents and greenery to decorate it, nicely “seated” on a golden plate that worked fantastically with the rest of the wedding décor. What could you want more from your wedding cake?
Thank you for having offered us with the opportunity to serve you on your Big Day, Kathy and Jack – you were truly and utterly amazing!
Contact Black Horse Inn if you too are searching for a splendid wedding venue where nature abounds and history is soaked into every single inch of the location! You will never regret having chosen us!
Photo sources: Bethanne Arthur Photography, via Borrowed and Blue
With summer here (and oh, what a warm summer it is!), we’re more than certain a lot of you want to simply cool off. Well, that’s precisely what your guests want from your summer wedding too – so why not create a wedding inspired by the coolest dessert of all time, ice cream?
Believe it or not, this is far easier to incorporate into a summer wedding than some may think – and following, we have gathered some of the best ideas to inspire you. Read on and find out more.
- Replace the cake. Tired of the tiered cake covered in buttercream and fruit? Your guests are probably over it too – so provide them with a delicious sweet treat they won’t be able to refuse: a gorgeous, mouthwatering ice cream cake. Yes, you can have your tiers, and yes you can create a truly elegant ice cream cake too – just use your creativity and you will pull off an amazing replacement for the traditional wedding cake!
- Plan a DIY ice cream bar. We all know DIY wedding bars are very popular these days – so why not turn yours towards the best dessert of all summer? Provide your guests with a few basic ice cream flavors and plenty of toppings and additions to play with. They will LOVE the idea!
- Bring ice cream into the décor. Ice cream cones, cute ice cream-inspired wedding favors, ice cream-inspired messages – there’s a myriad of options when it comes to incorporating this amazing dessert into your Big Day. As mentioned before, use your imagination and you will definitely create something genuine, unique, and unforgettable!
Looking for a very beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at what we offer here. You will want to book us right away!
Photo by Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash
As the amazing hosts you are, you want your beloved friends and relatives to have a genuinely great time at your wedding. That’s natural, after all – they have come a long way and they are here to celebrate your love story, so you will want to reward them with a night they will always remember.
What are some of the most special ways to entertain wedding guests? Here are the best ideas:
- If you and your future spouse come from different cultural backgrounds, you should definitely add this to your wedding day plan. A dance inspired by your ethnicity, a song that honors your ancestry, beautiful national costumes that are meaningful for you – these things add color and uniqueness to a wedding, so don’t be afraid to get creative.
- Pull out the games and tricks. From Mad Libs to guest books that collect date night advice and ideas, from lawn games to oversized board games – nothing is too much when it comes to a wedding (and even more so when it comes to a casual, outdoor wedding). Plan some fun games for your guests and they will surely love it!
- Hire a performer or a caricaturist. Fire jugglers, sword swallowers, talented artists that create caricatures on the spot – these are not the kind of things people see every day at weddings. Sprinkle yours with a bit of originality and bring in someone who will actually bring a smile on their faces!
Are you planning a wedding in Virginia? Do you want your wedding venue to be filled with history, love, and passion for beautiful events? Come visit Black Horse Inn, then – we guarantee you will love every single inch of the amazing wedding venue we offer for events such as yours!