Some things are simply timeless – especially when it comes to weddings. And if you want your wedding to be just as elegant 30 years from now as it is today, timeless is just the way to go.
How to choose a timeless white wedding cake that’s both stylish and innovative at the same time? We have some ideas for you – so read on and find out more to inspire yourself.
- White and green. What could be more refreshing and pretty than the combination between pure white and lively green? A buttercream cake decorated with fresh greenery will look absolutely superb for a Spring wedding, outdoor wedding, or simply a wedding inspired by the beauties of Mother Nature.
- White and naked. Who said you can’t have both worlds? Pick a naked cake with a larger coverage of white and it will look absolutely gorgeous. Ideal for a backyard wedding, shabby chic wedding, or rustic wedding!
- White and opulent. Planning a large, very festive wedding? How about something inspired by the grace of Great Gatsby? Have your cake designer create a white wedding cake decorated with white icing patterns – pearls, geometrical shapes, stripes, lace, and so on. Even a combination of all of these will look fabulous!
- White and modern. Looking for a white wedding cake that would do perfectly well in a very modern environment? Opt for a marzipan icing white cake with a silky look to it and a minimalist cake topper to add a touch of uniqueness.
Have you found the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and come see what we offer! We will be there to provide you with the kind of venue that can never go out of fashion – timeless, elegant, and beautiful in all seasons!
Your wedding cake! We bet this is one of those wedding elements that comes in close to your very own wedding gown on the list of priorities! You want this cake to look downright awe-inspiring. You want it to be fully coordinated with your wedding style. But more than anything, you want this to be a decadent, indulgent treat for everyone at your wedding.
How do you do that? Here are some of the tips you should follow:
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Your wedding cake’s flavors don’t have to be traditional, no matter how the cake looks on the outside. If you are serving a tiered cake, don’t be afraid to create different flavor combinations for each of the tiers (and if you are serving multiple smaller cakes, you can definitely take the same approach). Also, settle for unique combos and ingredients – figs, caramel, salty nuts, rose, pistachio – there’s a limitless list of options here.
- Flowers can really add a lot to the cake. Fresh edible flowers are the best wedding cake addition ever! Not only do they look fantastic, but they can taste equally great too – so don’t be afraid of being a bit creative here!
- And yes, you can totally skip the traditional cake. Replace the cake with other types of sweets arranged in towers (macarons, doughnuts – you name it). Or, if you want to be really unconventional, skip the cake-y dessert altogether and amaze your guests with a fabulous looking tower of cheese wheels! Everyone will love it!
Have you found the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? If not, you should definitely check out what Black Horse Inn has to offer! Classic, beautiful, and truly elegant, our wedding venue is perfect for couples who are in love with nature and history!