Your bridesmaids are true gemstones, especially with all the support they’ve offered throughout the wedding planning process! Therefore, you surely want them to feel just as precious as they are when they walk down the aisle to announce your own big entrance.
How do you choose bridesmaids’ dresses with ease and avoid all conflicts? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- You cannot have your bridesmaids dressed in ultra-tiny clubbing dresses when you want to have a classy, elegant wedding. Likewise, satin wedding gowns may not be a very good choice for a casual wedding either. Think of your wedding style before drawing the lines for your bridesmaids’ dresses style!
- In general, bridesmaids’ dresses are matched with the wedding colors. However, this does not have to be a tone-on-tone kind of matching. You can get more creative and allow your bridesmaids to wear different shades of the same color gamma. This is actually ideal not only because it will look special in the pictures, but also because it will allow each bridesmaid to wear a dress color that flatters her skin tone.
- In terms of bridesmaids’ dresses design, you should be as permissive as possible. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and chances are your bridesmaids do not all look the same. Therefore, you might want to settle a very precise feature that connects all dresses (e.g. the neckline, the length, or the fabric of the dress) – and then allow your super-ladies to wear whatever cut and design suits them best.
Classy and romantic, torn out of old-school stories of love and history, The Blackhorse Inn proudly hosts weddings that are absolutely breathtaking, every single time. Contact us today to learn about our offer and come visit our splendid venue – you will love it here!
You must be really happy to be a bridesmaid at your friend’s wedding – but if you have never done this before, you are surely nervous as well. What are some of the worst mistakes bridesmaids shouldn’t make, regardless of the circumstances? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- You should never share your drama with the bride – even if it is related to the wedding itself. You have to understand the fact that the bride is really stressed out and has a lot of issues to handle at the moment, so she might not be very willing to hear about the fact that the shade of yellow she chose for the bouquets doesn’t complement your eyes. If you absolutely have to complain about something, talk to the Maid of Honor first.
- You should know what type of gift to bring and where. The bridal shower may not be the most appropriate place for sexy and funny gifts, especially if the mother of the bride is invited too. Keep this for the bachelorette party – or, why not, for no particular pre-wedding event.
- You should actually commit to all the pre-wedding events and parties. Your bride needs you to be there for her – don’t disappoint her and attend all the pre-wedding events.
- You leave all the tasks for the other bridesmaids. You are a team – and your purpose is making sure the bride is genuinely happy on her wedding day. Don’t just assume someone will take care of all those group tasks the bride has assigned to you!
Searching for a superb wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who host the most gorgeous wedding your guests have ever been to! Contact us and you will never regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ micadew
Choosing the right bridesmaids is really important for you as a bride – but what happens if they don’t actually get along, like you hoped they would? Well, we have some tips for you – so read on and find out more about this.
- Although your Maid of Honor should be your “delegate” when it comes to bridesmaids’ communications, you will see that there will be times when you will simply have to talk to your bridesmaids face to face. Listen to their pleas, see why they are so upset, and try to really feel with them (if you were ever a bridesmaid, you will surely know how to relate to your own super-ladies).
- Don’t take sides. It may seem fair to you to side with the bridesmaid who’s closest to your heart, or whose opinion is more similar to yours. However, taking sides will only make things worse – just as it would if the mother would take sides when the siblings fight with each other. Be calm, try to resonate with everyone, and try to bring peace among your bridesmaids.
- Don’t take this too personally. Just because some of your bridesmaids don’t get along very well, it doesn’t mean they want to harm you – not even by far. They just have their own opinions and they are ready to argue to sustain them – and this does not mean in any way that they want to ruin your experience as the bride-to-be. Remember why you chose these amazing ladies in the first place!
Searching for a romantic, timeless wedding venue in Virginia? Black Horse Inn is here, waiting for your visit. Contact us right now, learn more about our wedding packages and how we will help you have a truly amazing wedding day nobody will ever forget!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Corey Ann