Preparing for the wedding day is never a mono-dimensional matter, especially since there are a lot of elements to consider. From the food to the flowers and from your shoes to your makeup, every single detail makes a difference in the way you feel about the whole wedding day. Naturally, your overall appearance is a priority for you – so what are the top 3 things you should not do one week before the Big Day?
Read on and find out more.
- Exercise too harshly. Yes, working out is very healthy and we highly advise you to take on a work out regimen months before the Big Day. However, the last 7 days before the event are not for pushing your body over its limits. Stick to what’s comfortable – the last thing you want on your wedding day is a muscle strain while wearing high heels!
- Dyeing your hair (or changing its length, style, etc.). If you want to change your hair color or hairstyle before the wedding, do it at least a couple of months before the big date. DO NOT try to do anything 7 days before the wedding – it might end in a complete disaster…
- Drink alcohol of any kind. We know you might feel a glass of wine will soothe your nerves and ease off the stress. However, it will also make you feel bloated, it will add extra calories, and it will most likely prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep. Leave the drinks for the after-party!
Still haven’t found the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? Have you seen Black Horse Inn? If not, you should absolutely come and visit us! There’s so much beauty, elegance and history in our venue that you will be instantly charmed by what we offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ kino-fist
The New Year is almost here – and if you plan on getting married in 2017, you will definitely love looking at the freshest bridal beauty trends. What are they? What are the beauty tendencies that will dominate the 2017 wedding stage? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- The classic red lip. Planning to look like a gorgeous vintage diva? The classic red lip makeup is just perfect for that! This year, red lipsticks receive an orange tint and the eyeliner is thinner than ever before, so be sure you get these two basic elements. Moreover, remember that highlighting your skin will help you achieve that “natural glow” effect that looks so great with the classic red lips!
- The boho-chic. If you are the kind of girl who loves nature and boho-chic fashion, we’ve got some great news for you – the boho-chic bridal style is not going out of fashion. This time, flower crowns are receiving an upgrade with small pearls and gemstones inspired by the “mermaid crowns” that were popular in 2016. And if you want to be truly glamorous, you can always adorn your hair with a flower crown made exclusively out of precious metals and gemstones.
- The pink eyelids. Pink eye shadow is a seemingly recurrent on multiple fashion shows – so, if you are searching for a suave, girly “touch”, this will be perfect for you. Keep the rest of the makeup as natural as possible and remember to take your eye drops with you – it is really important to make sure there’s no redness in your eyes!
Black Horse Inn is a superb historical venue in Virginia – so if this is what you want for your wedding, make sure you visit us as soon as possible. Contact us, learn more about our services, and book us for the Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ MakeupByDenise