Your groom deserves the very best – and although it may not always seem so, he definitely wants to look great on the wedding day. After all, this is just as huge a day for him as it is for you – so picking the right groom’s attire is of the utmost importance.
How to choose a casual attire for your groom? Here are some ideas he will definitely appreciate:
- Just the white shirt. If you plan on having a very casual wedding, your groom doesn’t have to wear a jacket, or even a vest on top of his shirt. And what could be simpler, more stylish, than a well-designed white button-down? He’ll feel very comfortable wearing this – but more than that, he will definitely feel very handsome!
- Add a pair of suspenders into the mix. A pair of well-fit trousers, a button-down shirt, a stylish tie and a pair of matching suspenders – that’s all your groom needs to look posh for a rustic-chic, outdoor, or simply casual wedding. Ideal for the less conventional couples out there!
- Wool layers to keep him warm. Low temperatures are slowly making their way into the day-to-day affairs, so make sure your groom is warm and cozy in a wool jacket (and maybe a wool vest as well, if he wants to look a bit more formal). Jackets made from this fabric come in a variety of colors and styles, so you can rest assured you will find something that matches your color scheme!
Still looking for the best and most beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? You HAVE TO come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer! We take pride in creating unforgettable experiences for our brides and grooms – and you definitely deserve to be one of them too! Contact us today!
Planning the perfect wedding menu is one of the most important things to consider before the Big Day. After all, food is one of the fundamental elements of a wedding – and you definitely want to treat your guests to the most delicious dishes in the entire area.
How to plan the perfect wedding menu for your Virginia wedding? We have some tips for you – read on and find out more.
- Start with the budget. Sure, you may not like to discuss (or even think about) money – but the absolute truth is that you really need to focus on your budget. Think of your guest list, how many people will attend, and what kind of foods you want to serve. Then, choose a wedding menu that fall within your budget range.
- Don’t forget about the cocktail hour. Many couples choose to have a cocktail hour because it offer them the chance “disappear” for an hour and shoot their special wedding pictures. If you want to have a cocktail hour as well, be sure to consider the food you will serve there. It IS part of the wedding menu too!
- Last, but definitely not least, try to settle on locally-grown produce. Not only will they be fresher and less expensive, but focusing on these ingredients (rather than imported) will also help the local Virginian economy – thus, making you a more educated consumer as well. It may take a bit of extra effort to source the best local products – but do it as much as you can because it will be so worth it!
Still looking for a beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and allow us to welcome you and your wedding guests for the most splendid and unforgettable day of your entire life. You will all love it here!
Flowers will always be a huge element in every type of wedding décor. Yet, what happens when you are tired of seeing the same old flower arrangements placed at the center of each wedding table?
Are there any non-floral wedding centerpiece alternatives?
Of course there are – and following, we have gathered some ideas to inspire you too!
- A touch of playfulness with some wedding theme-colored pinwheels. This is perfect for an early spring wedding day – or for a couple who really wants to sprinkle the Big Day with their naturally playful, childish side.
- A touch of personal taste. Are you a fan of a particular book? Or do you have something that has connected you with each other? Bring stacks of old, vintage-looking books and put them on top of one another. Feel free to add any kind of extra-décor you may need – such as a bow, a fun card, and so on.
- A touch of green. Have you seen how popular succulents are, especially at weddings? Why not incorporate this idea for your wedding centerpieces When properly maintained, succulents can actually survive in a shockingly large variety of conditions. Thus, they are most definitely
- A touch of Fall. With Fall fully installed upon us, many of you may be thinking of a wedding in this season. If you want to have a Fall-inspired wedding, you can definitely create some of the most gorgeous centerpieces and table runners using dried leaves, pinecones, fruit, greenery, and so on. This will look so special and beautiful!
Looking for the best wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who will host the most beautiful and unforgettable day of your entire life. Contact us today and learn more about the packages we offer to all those who want to get married under our roof!
All brides want to shine as they walk down the aisle – and given the uniqueness and importance of this moment in their lives, it is perfectly understandable why they want to let their personality and love stories speak through their dresses and accessories.
Why would you choose an overlay for your Big Day? Well, they are extremely trendy right now and they look absolutely breathtaking in a variety of situations. Basically, you can wear one regardless of what type of bride you want to be. For example, here are some of the very best ideas in this bridal fashion niche:
- Off the shoulder. You know how popular off the shoulder gowns have been in the past couple of years – so why not bring this trend into your look as well? An off the shoulder overlay buttoned in the back will look really cute and feminine – and it will instantly make a simple dress pop with beauty and elegance.
- Precious shades. Want to add a dash of glamor and luxury to your wedding look? Choose a simple dress and wear it with a see-through overlay decorated with silvery or golden touches. We guarantee guests will absolutely love your look!
- Color and style. Are you considering skipping the all-white look on the Big Day? Wear a white dress and a colored lace overlay. Black and red look absolutely breathtaking in this combination, but any other color will do, especially if you want to coordinate it with your wedding theme and color scheme!
Looking for the most splendid historical wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow yourselves to be infused with the beauty, elegance, and timelessness of the space we have here. You will love it from the very minute you set foot on our grounds!
We all know wedding etiquette can be an intricate matter – and while everyone can agree things have gotten a lot more casual in the past couple of decades, the truth is that there are still a lot of unwritten laws that make a lot of sense even now, in the 21st century.
For example, did you know there’s a specific etiquette when it comes to including kitchen items in your wedding registry? Here are some tips you might want to know about this:
- Registering for just two place settings, thinking that it might be rude to register for more. It is easy to understand why brides and grooms get confused about this – but it is more than worth reminding yourself that all of your guests’ gifts are offered in good faith, so that you can start a family. Therefore, they will definitely understand why you registered for more than two place settings (e.g. you want to have children, you will have guests invited over your house, and so on).
- Registering for appliances that can be used with one purpose only. The items you register for should be useful – and registering for multiple appliances that only do one thing may come off as impractical. Try to find appliances that can do multiple things (e.g. a breakfast station that can bake, make coffee, and fry at the same time).
- Registering for only for items you don’t have already. Just because you’ve been using the same blender for the past 7 years, it doesn’t mean you aren’t allowed to register for a new one (e.g. one that uses less energy or one that’s larger than what you already own). Upgrades are totally acceptable!
Looking for a truly stunning wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow yourself to be infused with the elegance and beauty of the place we could prepare for your Big Day. Contact us today, come see us yourself, and book us for a truly remarkable wedding!
We know you’ve worked a lot on your wedding planning – and we know you want this day to be truly perfect from all points of view. However, this doesn’t mean you should completely leave aside your honeymoon – after all, these are your first steps in life as husband and wife and you deserve to make yourselves feel amazing while traveling on this special vacation.
How large does your honeymoon luggage have to be, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- The short answer? Not too large. The lighter you travel, the easier it will be for you to actually enjoy every minute of the vacation. Plus, having a light luggage is also great from a financial point of view – so try to keep it at minimum.
- Start by packing a few basics, according to the location you want to visit. A pair of shorts, a casual little black dress, a pair of sandals, a few T-shirts, and thicker clothes will usually be more than enough for a person (and trust us, unless you actually plan on going to a fancy restaurant, that evening dress will probably be better off left at home).
- Don’t forget about the accessories. Scarves, sunglasses, a couple of pairs of earrings – they can instantly make your outfits pop with style and beauty. Also, if you usually wear makeup, pack a few basics as well (skin care, foundation, mascara, blush, an evening eyeshadow, eyeliner and two lipsticks will be more than enough!).
Still planning the Big Day? Still searching for an elegant wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who complement your Big Day with our superb space! You will never regret having chosen us!
Your bridesmaids are true gemstones, especially with all the support they’ve offered throughout the wedding planning process! Therefore, you surely want them to feel just as precious as they are when they walk down the aisle to announce your own big entrance.
How do you choose bridesmaids’ dresses with ease and avoid all conflicts? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- You cannot have your bridesmaids dressed in ultra-tiny clubbing dresses when you want to have a classy, elegant wedding. Likewise, satin wedding gowns may not be a very good choice for a casual wedding either. Think of your wedding style before drawing the lines for your bridesmaids’ dresses style!
- In general, bridesmaids’ dresses are matched with the wedding colors. However, this does not have to be a tone-on-tone kind of matching. You can get more creative and allow your bridesmaids to wear different shades of the same color gamma. This is actually ideal not only because it will look special in the pictures, but also because it will allow each bridesmaid to wear a dress color that flatters her skin tone.
- In terms of bridesmaids’ dresses design, you should be as permissive as possible. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and chances are your bridesmaids do not all look the same. Therefore, you might want to settle a very precise feature that connects all dresses (e.g. the neckline, the length, or the fabric of the dress) – and then allow your super-ladies to wear whatever cut and design suits them best.
Classy and romantic, torn out of old-school stories of love and history, The Blackhorse Inn proudly hosts weddings that are absolutely breathtaking, every single time. Contact us today to learn about our offer and come visit our splendid venue – you will love it here!
Wedding traditions have always come and gone. Although it may seem to us now that our old-school customs have been around for hundreds and even thousands of years, the truth is that they all had a “point zero”, a moment they just entered mainstream pop culture.
So, what are the wedding traditions that are now almost extinct? We have some ideas for you – so read on if you want to modernize your idea of a wedding and plan one that is truly amazing.
- The white dress. We’ve said it before and we will say it again: the white wedding dress is no longer compulsory. Not only that, but a lot of brides choose to leave it aside in favor of the more colorful versions. As time goes by, this is bound to become more than a trend (and it might even grow larger than the white wedding dress tradition itself).
- The entire ceremony. Although it may seem unimaginable to many, more and more couples bid their farewell to a series of wedding ceremony traditions – including very romantic wedding vows and tossing confetti at the grand exit from the ceremony.
- Tossing the bouquet and the garter. These customs are still widely followed, but the truth is that they are nearly extinct. As more and more couples leave a lot of old-school superstitions behind, the garter and the bouquet toss remain without substance: just fun moments many brides and grooms simply don’t want at their wedding.
Looking for a fantastic wedding venue in Virginia? You should absolutely come and see Black Horse Inn and everything it has to offer. With the beauty of the nature surrounding us and with the gorgeousness of the historical venue itself, we are a truly magical choice for couples who want their Big Day to be utterly special!
Photo source: StockSnap on Pixabay
I had the enchanting privilege to attend the wedding of Priyanka, Hiba and Seema Dubey in the NCC (National Conference Center) earlier this month. Styling the hair for the lovely bride was my pleasure. Such a beautiful and elegant wedding! Congratulations to the happy couple and joyful families!!
Salon Montage is a licenses and insured beauty team that specializes in bridal hair styling, updos, and makeup artistry. All of our artists have the ability to create a wide range of different looks while focusing on your vision and inspiration. We believe that each bride should look and feel her best on the best day of her life. We are sure that you will find the quality of our skills and the affordability of our services to be the best in the industry. We strive to deliver the best in wedding day beauty services to brides all over, and our mission is to create a stress free, relaxing environment while making you and your bridal party glamorous on your wedding day. You can read more about each of the artists individually on our website. We are currently booking up through 2017 so contact us TODAY!!!! Salon Montage
Here at Black Horse Inn, we love nothing more than seeing happy couples. We love seeing people tying the knot and joyfully stepping into the married life. We love being part of their love stories. And, at the end of the day, we love knowing they were genuinely satisfied with the services we offered.
Kathy & Jack were our clients too – and, as you will see below, they were more than happy with the way their wedding turned out. In fact, their wedding was so stunning that it even got featured in Borrowed and Blue. Here are some of the most beautiful details of their Big Day:
- The entire wedding was centered on simple colors: white, nudes, green, and a dash of gray. Everything was gorgeously complemented by golden accents that added a very beautiful, elegant note to the entire décor, making it feel more than stylish.
- The bridesmaids wore beautiful lacy gray dresses that worked just amazingly with the wedding décor and the vibe created at Kathy and Jack’s Big Day. Their necklines were different for a bit of diversity, but overall, the dresses looked really great together, in perfect harmony with Kathy’s stunning sweetheart wedding gown and with the details incorporated in the wedding décor itself.
- As for the cake, its beauty and elegance were only outmeasured by its lovely simplicity: a small, one-tier white wedding cake with rustic/ shabby accents and greenery to decorate it, nicely “seated” on a golden plate that worked fantastically with the rest of the wedding décor. What could you want more from your wedding cake?
Thank you for having offered us with the opportunity to serve you on your Big Day, Kathy and Jack – you were truly and utterly amazing!
Contact Black Horse Inn if you too are searching for a splendid wedding venue where nature abounds and history is soaked into every single inch of the location! You will never regret having chosen us!
Photo sources: Bethanne Arthur Photography, via Borrowed and Blue