There’s no other event as sweet, or as special as your wedding day. Of course, you want this amazing event to suit you from all points of view – and it all starts with choosing a general style that really suits you.
How to do that? We have some ideas and tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- You are the kind of bride and groom who like to keep it traditionally classy. Big rose bouquets, stunning pastel combinations, breathtaking chandeliers, dripping crystals – you will go over-the-top with your Big Day (and people will absolutely love it!).
- As opposed to the traditional couple, you are the type of bride and groom who wants their wedding to reflect contemporary elegance: clean lines, simplicity and minimalism, bare colors, mirrored effects, unique (and sometimes geometrical) pieces of décor, and so on.
- You want to have a wedding surrounded by the most splendid beauties of Mother Nature – so it will not be a surprise to anyone when you will finally settle on a country-chic, garden, or vineyard wedding. You will keep it low-key with the florals, but you will surely want to bring in at least one or two vintage/antique elements.
- You don’t want to settle for one style – you want to create your own. You make a fashion statement with everything you do and your wedding will make no exception whatsoever. Mixing and matching different styles and colors, creating unique pieces of décor, and infusing your wedding with a general sense of individualism and beauty – these are some of the things you will most likely want at your wedding.
Looking for a superb wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow yourself to be charmed by our timeless elegance, versatility, and qualitative services!
Photo source: flickr.com/ jdrephotography
Wedding planning can be quite confusing – and not just for the bride, who is traditionally in charge with most of the wedding-related details. What are some of the essential things grooms should keep in mind about the Big Day? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Choose your groomsmen – and do it very carefully. Not only is this a sensitive topic, but it is also very important to remember that these people will be there by your side when you make one of the biggest steps of your entire life. Plus, they’ll be in all of the important pictures too – so, yes, it’s essential to decide on the right people.
- Help the bride keep the guest list under control. Of course, both you and your SO have special people you really want to invite at your wedding – but when it comes to all those people your parents want to invite at your wedding, it is time to step in and tell them you cannot do this.
- Take care of the open bar. This is one of the centerpieces of the entire wedding day, so it is very important to properly stock it and ensure everyone has something to drink.
- Take care of your own look. Of course, you want to look handsome on your wedding day. Aside from the tuxedo and the accessories you want to wear with it, remember not to hold anything in your pockets. We know you’re used to carrying money, smartphones, and keys to everything in your life in your pockets – but your wedding day is not the moment to do this.
Looking for a romantic wedding venue that celebrates love, life, and nature? Come visit Black Horse Inn in Virginia and let yourself be charmed by what we offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ peteandcharlotte
Truth be told, there’s no other flower more romantic or elegant than the classic rose – and the good news is that you can actually incorporate it in your bridal bouquet in a number of ways.
What are some of the prettiest rose bouquet ideas? We have gathered 10 of the top ones right below – so read on if you need a dash of inspiration.
- Mauve roses and a lot of greenery. Feminine and suave, this combination is ideal for an unconventional bride who still loves the classic touches of romanticism.
- Roses and peonies. It really cannot get more heartfelt and romantic than this! So much beauty and elegance in one bouquet!
- Dessert sunset shades. If you want a rose bouquet that stands out in uniqueness, ask your florist to create one from roses in the colors of a dessert sunset. Ideal for a warm summer day!
- Cream and taupe. Planning a mountainside wedding? The best kind of rose bouquet to carry in this majestic environment is one that brings cream and taupe together. Splendid combination!
- Pink and white. A real classic combination that brings out femininity and grace in a truly stunning way. Add protea and some greenery into the mix and the bouquet will look breathtaking!
- Pink, white and red. Garden roses are gorgeous precisely because they are wild and untamed – so combine pink and white varieties with red charm peonies and create a bridal bouquet that’s ideal for a country-chic wedding!
- White and cream. Want to look really elegant and timeless? There’s nothing quite like a white and cream bouquet of roses to achieve that.
- Peach, blush and anemones. Peach roses, blush peonies and pretty anemones look stunning and luxurious when brought together. Plus, they make for a unique bouquet everyone will absolutely love!
- Red and pink. Classic romanticism at its finest! A bouquet that incorporates red and pink roses will look so timeless, so romantic, and so beautiful!
- Dark and original. Mauve, blush, yellow, and grey roses will create a bouquet that’s filled with mystery and style – this combination will surely wow your guests!
Looking for a wedding venue where natural beauty abounds and elegance feels “at home”? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at what we offer for our brides and grooms. You will definitely love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ apdk
Your wedding is a splendid moment in your life – and it deserves to be celebrated with all the flowers in the world. What happens when you’re not particularly keen on sticking to the traditional bouquet only? Well, you have a lot of other wonderful ideas to incorporate in your Big Day – so read on if you want to see some of the very best ways to wear flowers in your wedding.
- In your hair. Although flower crowns are still highly appreciated, you might want to skip them for your own wedding and choose something more unique – such as an arrangement of your favorite blooms “woven” into your hairstyle. It will look so fresh and beautiful!
- As jewelry. Flowers are Mother Nature’s most precious pieces of jewelry – so why not transform them into actual accessories? Wear a statement necklace made with large and small blooms to make your outfit pop with joy and style, wear a flower-made anklet to bring back the 90s in the most adorable way there is, or wear a wedding belt/sash made out of flowers to accentuate your waist and add a pop of color to your dress. Regardless of what you choose, it will look splendid!
- With your wedding veil. Wearing a veil on the Big Day? You should definitely incorporate some flowers in it. Not only will this look ultra-feminine and sweet, but it will also be a great way to add some of your own personality into the most iconic wedding dress accessory of all time. Superb idea!
Looking for an elegant wedding venue in Virginia? Have you seen Black Horse Inn? Beautiful, full of history and grace, and always happy to be part of couple’s love stories, we are here to help you have the wedding you have always wanted. Contact us right now and find out more about our offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ carlosmontesdeocahairandmakeupstudio
Planning a wedding has never been (and will never be) an easy task. Of course, you may not be able to do everything perfectly from the very beginning – and the best way to make sure you plan a great wedding is by learning from other people’s mistakes.
What are some of the most common planning and budget mistakes to avoid? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Trying to pull an all-DIY wedding. They may look pretty on Pinterest – but the harsh truth is that DIY weddings are far from cheap (and, on top of that, they are very time-consuming too). If you want to add a dash of personality and uniqueness, you can create one or two elements yourself – other than that, you will be best from all points of view if you allow specialists to help you.
- Buying your dress online. If you are thinking of saving money by buying your wedding gown online, think again. Chances are you won’t find the right size (not even in a reputable online store) – and, even worse, there’s a fairly good chance your real-life dress will not even look like the pictures.
- Not saving the money for a makeup artist. We all do our makeup on our own, on a daily basis. However, you will be extremely anxious on your wedding day – so it is far better to hire a professional for your makeup. It will be worth every single cent!
Black Horse Inn is a wedding venue that values love, beauty, tradition, and the amazingness of Mother Nature. If you are searching for the perfect wedding spot in Virginia, come visit us and take a look at what we can offer – we guarantee you will love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ leigh49137
Spring weddings are very popular with a wide range of couples – and while they definitely show plenty of advantages, it is very important to be prepared for the less attractive parts of planning a spring wedding too.
How to do that? Here are some basic tips to remember:
- First of all, understand that spring weather tends to be more twisted and unpredictable than any other time of the year. Therefore, it is absolutely mandatory to have a plan B prepared if you want to have an outdoor wedding.
- Furthermore, it is also important to remember your guests should stay comfortable throughout the entire wedding – including during the evening when temperatures will most likely drop quite a lot. Spreading out some heat lamps can really help them stay warm and happy.
- Also, it would be a good idea to provide everyone with insect repellents too – especially since spring is the season mosquitoes and other annoying insects come back to life. If you want to use something more natural, light some citronella-based candles.
- Last, but not least, be very careful with your wedding dress, especially if you want to spend a bit of time on the outdoors. Because of the constantly changing weather, you will most likely have to dodge puddles and mud – so it’s better to assign a bridesmaid with the task of keeping an eye on your dress when you’re out of the venue.
If you want to get married in one of the most famous and beautiful places in Virginia, come visit Black Horse Inn and we guarantee you will love every inch of our venue. Beautiful, full of history, and always elegant, our timeless wedding venue is here to make your wedding a truly dreamy one!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Đạt Quắt Smile
Social media is a very big part of everyone’s lives these days – so it is perfectly understandable if you will want to make sure your wedding-related social media posts are compatible with modern wedding etiquette. What are some of the very best social media rules brides & grooms will want to follow? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- First and foremost, don’t share everything on the social media. Remember you have people in your lists with whom you haven’t spoken in years, or even decades – and you will most likely not invite them to the weeding so why put extra pressure on yourself?
- Furthermore, keep in mind that there may be people who will be upset you are not inviting them at your wedding – so sharing Big Day news on the social media for them to see may not be a good idea. Try to customize who’s seeing your posts, so that you have more control over this kind of unpleasant situations.
- Talk to your fiancé. What is their take on what should and shouldn’t go on the social media? After all, this is their wedding just as much as it is yours, so it is important that they feel happy with everything connected to it.
- Don’t share too much information. You want to surprise your guests on the Big Day – but sharing every tiny wedding planning detail on the social media will ruin the surprise for them.
- Don’t share anything negative. Of course, wedding planning is going to be quite difficult – but there’s no need to share your frustration and anger on the social media.
If you are still searching for a romantic wedding venue in Virginia, come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at the superb place we offer. You will absolutely love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ 1000heads
Getting engaged is one of the happiest and most wonderful moments in your life – but as soon as you make it public, you might be stormed by a variety of questions you simply don’t have an answer for yet. How to handle all of them? How to answer the wedding-related questions when you haven’t got a clue of what step to take next?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- The simplest way to answer all wedding-related questions right after the engagement is by telling people the truth: you haven’t decided on anything just yet. Most of them will understand that you have just put that ring on your finger and are still trying to figure out what you want for your wedding.
- If anyone tries to push even more questions on you, mention that you don’t want to take any decisions yet, as you want your families to discuss things first. This is a vague answer, but it is simple and easy to understand enough.
- If, however, this strategy doesn’t yield any results, turn the question towards the person who asked it in the first place. Most people love talking about them, so asking them what they did for their wedding and asking for their advice will most likely take you from the spotlight and put them in the center of attention. Not only will you politely decline their question, but also “steal” from some of their ideas too!
Looking for a splendid wedding venue in Virginia? You should definitely come and see Black Horse Inn. Beautiful, elegant, and absolutely timeless, our wedding venue is here to ensure your wedding day is a gorgeous, as magical, and as full of romance as you have always wanted it to be!
Photo source: flickr.com/ numfoto
If you are like most brides-to-be, you want your perfect wedding – but you also know there’s a lot of stress and hard-work involved in planning such a huge, unique event. How to do it? Here are some of the best wedding planning tips to remember:
- You need a plan. Going to battle without a plan can be downright destructive – so make sure you create a plan you can actually follow through. See where you want to be every month of the planning process and always ensure you are up-to-date with what you originally strategized.
- You need a budget. Money matters can be stingy – but they are something that really needs to be discussed. Talk to your fiancé and see how much money you have, who pays for the wedding elements, and how you can make it happen according to your budget.
- Do NOT do everything on your own. It might be tempting to try and do everything on your own to make sure it’s exactly as you want it – but there are a lot of tasks that can be easily delegated to trustworthy people in your entourage. Do that! It will help you ease off the stress and it will make your friends and family feel useful.
- Don’t forget to relax. Yes, wedding planning can take a lot of your spare time – but that doesn’t mean you have to be absolutely hectic until you reach your wedding date. Take some time off, every now and again, and simply relax. It can make you feel so much better!
Looking for a fabulous wedding venue in Virginia? You should come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer – you will love it here from the very first second!
Photo source: flickr.com/ luca.sartoni
Your wedding ceremony is a completely unique moment in your life – so you will definitely want your closest friends and relatives to be there and assist this magical event. How to designate reserved seats at your ceremony? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- One of the most classic ways to reserve seats in the front row at a wedding? Cover the reserved chairs with ribbons – this way, the other guests will know that the seats are taken and that they belong to the wedding party and immediate family.
- Fragrant sprigs of lavender. If you are planning a summer wedding, lavender will be a truly amazing choice. Use a sprig of lavender and a small, pretty-looking note on each of the reserved seats to let people know who is to be seated there.
- Chalkboard signs. They’ve been hugely popular with a wide range of wedding themes – so why wouldn’t you use them as well? Place chalkboard signs at the beginning of the reserved rows, so that guests know the seats are taken. If you want to make this even cuter and romantic, invest in small clip-on, heart-shaped chalkboard signs and clip them to each of the reserved chair, with the names of the guests they are assigned to written on them.
- A wooden sign. Simple, beautiful and truly perfect for an outdoor or country-chic wedding, a wooden sign with a calligraphic “Reserved” on it can look really amazing. Just give this a thought, you will love it!
Black Horse Inn is a beautifully elegant wedding venue in Virginia – so if you want your wedding in the area, and if you want to make sure everything looks really great, come visit us as soon as possible. You will want to book us right away!
Photo source: flickr.com/rfduck