Your wedding is a very, very important moment in your life – and it makes all the sense in the world that you want to spend this day surrounded by those you love and who love you back. Still, when it comes to drawing the basics of a guest list, things can get a little more complicated than many brides and grooms initially thought.
What are the people you should not include on your guest list, for example?
We have some tips for you – continue reading to find out more.
- People you are forced to invite, but don’t actually want there. It may be someone who’s always mean to you or someone whose presence you just don’t enjoy. It may be someone you haven’t seen in years or even decades, but your parents insist on inviting to the wedding. Whoever it may be and whatever situation has brought you to your decision, you don’t have to invite them if you don’t want them there.
- Your or your SO’s Ex. Sometimes, relationships end on good terms, but that doesn’t mean you should invite your Exes to your wedding. Even if you’re both OK with their presence, there’s a pretty high chance that there will be awkwardness between at least two people in the “triangle”. It’s probably best not to invite anyone you’ve ever dated.
- Co-workers you’re not friends with. If you hang out with your work colleagues outside of work, then yes, invite them to your wedding. If not, however, you really don’t have to – you don’t know them that well and they don’t know you that well either. Even more, if you are only close to one or two co-workers, you don’t have to invite the entire team – invite just those you actually want there.
- Anyone likely to bring drama into your Big Day. Some people are “drama queens” and while outside of your wedding day you might be able to handle that, you really don’t need the negativity and the extra-stress on your actual wedding day. Our advice is to skip inviting them to your wedding altogether.
Looking for an AMAZING wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who host your most amazing life event! Contact us, come visit us, and convince yourself that WE are the best choice!
Every season has its own beauties – and that’s precisely why brides and grooms shouldn’t feel pushed into choosing spring or summer for their wedding day even if those seasons aren’t particularly suitable for them.
For example, what flowers can you choose for a fall or winter wedding in Virginia? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Probably the most widespread and generous bloom of fall, Dahlias are a really lovely choice for pretty much every type of wedding. They come in a wide range of colors (white, yellow, orange, red, and even bright pink), they look rich, and they have a very playful, energizing appearance that will complement your Big Day in big style.
- Although it may not seem so, winter is very generous when it comes to the range of flower options. For starters, you have a lot of blue flowers to choose from – such as Forget Me Nots, Bachelor Buttons, Love in a Mist, and Hydrangeas. For a blue-purplish option that stands out in a very unique way, you can always settle on Honeyworts. And if you are looking for a whimsical option, you have Poppy Pods. For a delicate and feminine bouquet, you can definitely go for Sweet Peas.
- Go beyond actual flowers. You can create stunning arrangements and bouquets for a fall or winter wedding with a very small amount of blooms (or even without any kind of blooms). Greenery options are available during wintertime, and if you want to add just a touch of uniqueness and color to a simpler bouquet, you can always incorporate fruit. Yes, actual fruit works marvelously in cool season flower arrangements. Think beyond the already traditional pinecones and incorporate raspberries (excellent for the beginning and middle of fall) or crabapples. They look absolutely lovely and they can instantly turn a bouquet or flower arrangement into something unique, full of personality and beauty. Everyone will love the idea!
Looking for an amazing wedding venue in Virginia? As always, Black Horse Inn is here for you. Contact us today if you want to book a wedding venue that’s perfect from every point of view: splendid surroundings, powerful history embracing the place, and ultimate elegance on the indoors. Both you and your guests will DEFINITELY love spending the Big Day and celebrating under our roof!
Wedding veils aren’t an absolute must anymore – but they are a nice addition that will make you feel special as a bride on your wedding day.
So, if you decide to wear a wedding veil, you definitely want to make the most out of it and choose one that really suits you.
How to do that? Here are some wedding veil tips you should definitely keep in mind:
- Consider the length of the veil. In general, the lengthier the veil is, the more stylish and elegant the wedding should be (think of those floor-sweeping cathedral wedding veils you see princesses wearing at their wedding). It is not a rule to be generalized, though, as shorter wedding veils can be equally elegant (and far more comfortable). Also, take your own height into consideration as well – for instance, shorter ladies should most likely stay clear of very long wedding veil.
- Consider the fabric too. Most of the times, wedding veils are made out of tulle, but you can opt for other fabrics as well if you don’t like the classic wedding veil. For instance, you could wear a lace wedding veil, a satin, or a silk one.
- Consider your own style. Not all wedding veils are alike. For instance, a birdcage wedding veil will give you a mysterious and vintage look, whereas an elbow-length wedding veil will look elegant (but still be suitable for a rustic wedding for example).
- Consider the color of the dress. Ideally, the color of your gown and the color of your veil should match exactly. However, this might not be possible all the times, so you should at least strive for the closest color you can find.
- Consider the design of the dress. Is your wedding gown very embellished? If yes, you should keep it low key with the wedding veil. Is your wedding gown very simple? If yes, you can choose a wedding veil that’s slightly more embellished (e.g. something with embroidery on it, that will add a dash of uniqueness to your entire bridal look).
Still searching for a fantastic wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who host the most magnificent and unforgettable day of your entire life. Contact us today and you will never regret the choice of having visited us!
Your engagement party is one of the most important events prior to your Virginia wedding. You want this to be fantastic and unforgettable – and you want this event to give guests a taste of what the wedding will be like.
How do you plan a really elegant, luxurious engagement party? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Start by planning a budget. No, you won’t escape this just because you’re planning a luxury event. Even if you can afford to spend a bit more on your engagement party, a budget plan should be still set in place. It will allow you to focus on the things that really matter to you (e.g. the venue) and save on the elements that might not be as important right now (e.g. party favors).
- Stick to paper invitations. In general, pre-wedding event invitations can be sent online. However, if you want your engagement party to be very elegant and sophisticated, it’s always best to stick to paper invitations. Choose a design that speaks about you and your relationship – it doesn’t have to be something complementary to the wedding invitations themselves, but it would be nice if they had something in common (even if it’s just the general style).
- Include the dress code. This should be included on all invitations to elegant events – and the reason you should do this is that you want to make sure people don’t show up feeling underdressed in any way.
- Include great entertainment. You might not want to hire a big band for a 30-people party. However, hiring a good DJ or a small chamber orchestra is a great idea because it will help you make sure guests are properly entertained by the atmosphere at your engagement party.
- Choose a really great place. You want this to be your space only – so a restaurant reservation might not work in this case. However, it doesn’t have to be a very large venue (as the party will most likely be quite small). Instead, it should be elegant and beautiful – it should reflect your idea of a really luxurious party!
Looking for a wedding venue in Virginia? You MUST come and see Black Horse Inn, then! Our romantic historical wedding venue will embrace you and your guests with stunning landscapes and pure elegance – just what you want when you dream of a fairytale-like wedding in Virginia!
Your wedding season is a really important choice, especially since it will influence so many of your wedding decisions – starting with the venue and ending with the smallest details, such as the color of the napkins you place on the table.
Of course, most couples settle on spring and summer weddings for reasons that are perfectly fine – such as the high likelihood of good weather, for example.
Why would you settle on a winter wedding in Virginia?
We have some tips for you – so read on to find out more.
- Winter weddings are usually less expensive. If you’re worried about your finances and if you want to maximize your savings as much as possible, you will want to avoid the main wedding season (spring and summer). Since wedding vendors and venues are more available during wintertime, it is more likely that you will be able to negotiate better prices with them.
- Winter weddings are cozy and welcoming. You can always set a really nice, comforting atmosphere for your winter wedding! Take inspiration from Thanksgiving and Christmas for your wedding menu, add a bit of glitter inspired by New Year’s Eve, and create the kind of atmosphere people will absolutely love. Nothing beats nice discussions over hot chocolate or mulled wine!
- Winter weddings are more exciting for guests. Your wedding guests haven’t been to a wedding in months by this time, so they will be naturally more inclined to be excited about your Big Day. Consequently, they will be in a better party mood, and there’s a bigger chance that they will have genuine fun celebrating your love story.
- Remember the money you saved by choosing a winter wedding? Well, imagine you could use that for a tropical honeymoon in the middle of winter. Snowy weather and magical pictures in a picturesque white landscape are amazing – but jumping from that to an exotic island, with a coconut cocktail in your hand, well, that’s an experience you will never forget. And imagine just what a gorgeous tan you will bring back home in Virginia!
Looking for a wonderful, sweet, and romantic wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and come see what we offer! Our historical wedding venue is here to help you make sure your wedding day is absolutely flawless form head to finish – so you will never regret booking us!
As the bride and groom, you deserve a vacation all for you. You deserve the luxury of the hotel you picked and the amazing activities you have in mind for this trip. You deserve to relax yourselves and start your married life on the right foot, with a huge smile on your faces (and, probably, a pretty impressive tan on your skins too!).
What are some of the worries you definitely have to leave behind when leaving on your honeymoon? We’ve gathered them below – so read on and find out more.
- Anything related (even remotely!) to the wedding. The flowers you left behind for your Maid of Honor to pick up, the envelopes your Best Man sent to your home, how upset aunt June was at your pink wedding dress – leave all these behind. And don’t you even think of the Thank You notes! Allow yourself to be really, really carefree on this vacation!
- Anything related to your wardrobe. Sure, it’s perfectly sane and smart to pack up things for every weather, but that doesn’t mean you have to worry about every single pair of shoes you’ll wear on a two-week vacation. Pack smart and make the most out of basic items – you really don’t need more!
- Anything related to minute planning. You’ve planned enough for the Big Day – don’t plan every single minute of your honeymoon too. Not only is that exhausting, but it kind of goes against the idea of “enjoyment and relaxation” too. Sure, make a list of the things you absolutely want to do and see, but don’t make it a list that will keep you busy for every single hour of your honeymoon.
Looking for a fantastic wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who will host your wedding day! You won’t regret it!
If you love Game of Thrones as much as pretty much everyone else, you know and appreciate Sophie Turner for her amazing work on the show. Did you know she is getting married to Joe Jonas, though?
What are the details of their wedding – what are the things people know at this point? We have gathered them right below – so read on if you want to find out more.
- The couple was always very discrete with the details of their romance – so we cannot expect to know a lot about their wedding, as it will most likely not happen in the public eye (like Kim Kardashian’s wedding happened, for example).
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas were first spotted dating in 2016, at a concert. In 2017, they announced their engagement with a very simple picture of a definitely-stunning engagement ring and a sweet caption saying “I said yes”. Isn’t this really romantic?
- Up to the moment, no details have been released about the actual wedding date. However, Sophie Turner’s Game of Thrones sister and real-life best friend, Maisie Williams, declared that the couple will most likely wait for the Game of Thrones finale to have their wedding, as Sophie will be focusing a lot on her work in the next year.
- Asked if she knows any of the wedding party members, Maisie Williams also admitted that she was already included in the list – and that she obviously said “yes” to Sophie’s proposal. We really can’t wait to see the two girls on such a huge moment in Sophie’s life!
Are you getting married as well? If you want to have your wedding in Virginia and if you are still looking for a wedding venue, be sure to come check out Black Horse Inn! You will LOVE it!
Long hair will always be an ultra-feminine and stylish choice. But how do you style it for the Big Day? What are some of the most beautiful options you can choose as a bride with long hair?
We have some ideas and tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Return to the Glam of the Golden Hollywood. Want to look stylish, glamorous and absolutely fabulous? Take inspiration from the haircuts and styles of the 30s and 40s and curl your hair in a Hollywood-ish manner. It will look absolutely fantastic, especially with a super elegant wedding dress!
- Long, sleek, and flaweless. Kim K likes wearing her hair like this – so you can definitely wear it to your wedding the same. Keep in mind, your hair needs to be very well taken care of and nourished to look shiny and sleek! Also, using a professional hair straightened and protection products is very important too.
- Beach waves…regardless of the season. Beach waves are effortlessly beautiful, but they need to be achieved in a way that will ensure the same style throughout the entire day. That is precisely why our advice is to seek the help of an actual hairstylist to help you create the perfect beach wave hairdo.
- Half braided crown. Looking for a rustic chic style to suit your long hair (and show it off)? Pull half of your hair in a half braided crown at the back of your hair, and allow the remaining hair to flow naturally – it will look so pretty!
Searching for a stunning wedding venue in Virginia? Be sure to come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer – we guarantee you will not regret booking us for one of the most fantastic days of your life!
Your Big Day is one of the happiest and most unforgettable days of your life – so you definitely want to look flawless. Sure, choosing a pretty dress and accessorizing it with pieces that speak about your personality are both very important – but your makeup isn’t less important in any way.
How to create the perfect look for your wedding day? Read on and find out more.
- Do you want to look like a classy bride? The key here lies in using a good foundation that matches your complexion and your skin type. A touch of pink on your lips and cheeks, a bit of nude eye shadow and just a tad of eyeliner are all you need. Of course, there are variations on this look – so don’t be afraid to play around.
- Do you want to look like the glamorous diamond you feel on the inside? Achieving a dewy look is also connected to the right foundation (you will need one that leaves the skin shinier than the usual matte foundations). A bit of good highlighter, a pair of ultra wispy eyelashes and a touch of pink gloss will surely make you feel like a real-life princess!
- Do you want to look pretty, polished, and just a bit dramatic? Opt for a smoky eye makeup, then – but do make sure the lips and the face are as subtle as possible, then. The great news? Smoky eye makeup can be achieved with a very wide range of colors, so you can use it to match to your wedding color scheme as well.
Looking for the best wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn right now and come see what we offer! You will be charmed by the simple elegance of our venue!
Your bridal bouquet is a hugely important ingredient to consider when bringing together the perfect wedding look. With so many options and combinations, though, how do you make sure you choose the right type of bouquet to suit all of your needs?
We have some tips to help you with this – so read on and find out more.
- Like it or not, most flowers have just a few months of peak blooming during the year – so you should most likely make sure your wedding season and your favorite flowers are at least somewhat congruent. Not only will it be more difficult to find your favorite blooms when they’re off-season, but it will be a lot more expensive as well. However, keep in mind that your florist will be able to help you with replacements as well.
- Color and style. Your wedding flowers don’t have to be 100% coordinated with the wedding colors, but they should be at least complementary, up to a certain extent. More importantly, though, your wedding blooms need to be well coordinated with the wedding style. For instance, if you are planning a simple pink and white wedding in a ballroom, white calla lilies will be a far better choice than white wild roses.
- Meaning and symbolism. All flowers are special in their own way, and they all bear a particular meaning with them. Write your love story in the way you choose your bridal bouquet to add a sentimental touch to your wedding processional!
Looking for a truly beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? If you want to be surrounded by old-school elegance, timelessness, history, and pure natural beauty, come visit Black Horse Inn and get acquainted with our offer. You will absolutely love it here- and so will your guests!