As the bride and groom, you deserve a vacation all for you. You deserve the luxury of the hotel you picked and the amazing activities you have in mind for this trip. You deserve to relax yourselves and start your married life on the right foot, with a huge smile on your faces (and, probably, a pretty impressive tan on your skins too!).
What are some of the worries you definitely have to leave behind when leaving on your honeymoon? We’ve gathered them below – so read on and find out more.
- Anything related (even remotely!) to the wedding. The flowers you left behind for your Maid of Honor to pick up, the envelopes your Best Man sent to your home, how upset aunt June was at your pink wedding dress – leave all these behind. And don’t you even think of the Thank You notes! Allow yourself to be really, really carefree on this vacation!
- Anything related to your wardrobe. Sure, it’s perfectly sane and smart to pack up things for every weather, but that doesn’t mean you have to worry about every single pair of shoes you’ll wear on a two-week vacation. Pack smart and make the most out of basic items – you really don’t need more!
- Anything related to minute planning. You’ve planned enough for the Big Day – don’t plan every single minute of your honeymoon too. Not only is that exhausting, but it kind of goes against the idea of “enjoyment and relaxation” too. Sure, make a list of the things you absolutely want to do and see, but don’t make it a list that will keep you busy for every single hour of your honeymoon.
Looking for a fantastic wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who will host your wedding day! You won’t regret it!
If you love Game of Thrones as much as pretty much everyone else, you know and appreciate Sophie Turner for her amazing work on the show. Did you know she is getting married to Joe Jonas, though?
What are the details of their wedding – what are the things people know at this point? We have gathered them right below – so read on if you want to find out more.
- The couple was always very discrete with the details of their romance – so we cannot expect to know a lot about their wedding, as it will most likely not happen in the public eye (like Kim Kardashian’s wedding happened, for example).
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas were first spotted dating in 2016, at a concert. In 2017, they announced their engagement with a very simple picture of a definitely-stunning engagement ring and a sweet caption saying “I said yes”. Isn’t this really romantic?
- Up to the moment, no details have been released about the actual wedding date. However, Sophie Turner’s Game of Thrones sister and real-life best friend, Maisie Williams, declared that the couple will most likely wait for the Game of Thrones finale to have their wedding, as Sophie will be focusing a lot on her work in the next year.
- Asked if she knows any of the wedding party members, Maisie Williams also admitted that she was already included in the list – and that she obviously said “yes” to Sophie’s proposal. We really can’t wait to see the two girls on such a huge moment in Sophie’s life!
Are you getting married as well? If you want to have your wedding in Virginia and if you are still looking for a wedding venue, be sure to come check out Black Horse Inn! You will LOVE it!
Long hair will always be an ultra-feminine and stylish choice. But how do you style it for the Big Day? What are some of the most beautiful options you can choose as a bride with long hair?
We have some ideas and tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Return to the Glam of the Golden Hollywood. Want to look stylish, glamorous and absolutely fabulous? Take inspiration from the haircuts and styles of the 30s and 40s and curl your hair in a Hollywood-ish manner. It will look absolutely fantastic, especially with a super elegant wedding dress!
- Long, sleek, and flaweless. Kim K likes wearing her hair like this – so you can definitely wear it to your wedding the same. Keep in mind, your hair needs to be very well taken care of and nourished to look shiny and sleek! Also, using a professional hair straightened and protection products is very important too.
- Beach waves…regardless of the season. Beach waves are effortlessly beautiful, but they need to be achieved in a way that will ensure the same style throughout the entire day. That is precisely why our advice is to seek the help of an actual hairstylist to help you create the perfect beach wave hairdo.
- Half braided crown. Looking for a rustic chic style to suit your long hair (and show it off)? Pull half of your hair in a half braided crown at the back of your hair, and allow the remaining hair to flow naturally – it will look so pretty!
Searching for a stunning wedding venue in Virginia? Be sure to come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer – we guarantee you will not regret booking us for one of the most fantastic days of your life!
Your Big Day is one of the happiest and most unforgettable days of your life – so you definitely want to look flawless. Sure, choosing a pretty dress and accessorizing it with pieces that speak about your personality are both very important – but your makeup isn’t less important in any way.
How to create the perfect look for your wedding day? Read on and find out more.
- Do you want to look like a classy bride? The key here lies in using a good foundation that matches your complexion and your skin type. A touch of pink on your lips and cheeks, a bit of nude eye shadow and just a tad of eyeliner are all you need. Of course, there are variations on this look – so don’t be afraid to play around.
- Do you want to look like the glamorous diamond you feel on the inside? Achieving a dewy look is also connected to the right foundation (you will need one that leaves the skin shinier than the usual matte foundations). A bit of good highlighter, a pair of ultra wispy eyelashes and a touch of pink gloss will surely make you feel like a real-life princess!
- Do you want to look pretty, polished, and just a bit dramatic? Opt for a smoky eye makeup, then – but do make sure the lips and the face are as subtle as possible, then. The great news? Smoky eye makeup can be achieved with a very wide range of colors, so you can use it to match to your wedding color scheme as well.
Looking for the best wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn right now and come see what we offer! You will be charmed by the simple elegance of our venue!
Your bridal bouquet is a hugely important ingredient to consider when bringing together the perfect wedding look. With so many options and combinations, though, how do you make sure you choose the right type of bouquet to suit all of your needs?
We have some tips to help you with this – so read on and find out more.
- Like it or not, most flowers have just a few months of peak blooming during the year – so you should most likely make sure your wedding season and your favorite flowers are at least somewhat congruent. Not only will it be more difficult to find your favorite blooms when they’re off-season, but it will be a lot more expensive as well. However, keep in mind that your florist will be able to help you with replacements as well.
- Color and style. Your wedding flowers don’t have to be 100% coordinated with the wedding colors, but they should be at least complementary, up to a certain extent. More importantly, though, your wedding blooms need to be well coordinated with the wedding style. For instance, if you are planning a simple pink and white wedding in a ballroom, white calla lilies will be a far better choice than white wild roses.
- Meaning and symbolism. All flowers are special in their own way, and they all bear a particular meaning with them. Write your love story in the way you choose your bridal bouquet to add a sentimental touch to your wedding processional!
Looking for a truly beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? If you want to be surrounded by old-school elegance, timelessness, history, and pure natural beauty, come visit Black Horse Inn and get acquainted with our offer. You will absolutely love it here- and so will your guests!
Some things are simply timeless – especially when it comes to weddings. And if you want your wedding to be just as elegant 30 years from now as it is today, timeless is just the way to go.
How to choose a timeless white wedding cake that’s both stylish and innovative at the same time? We have some ideas for you – so read on and find out more to inspire yourself.
- White and green. What could be more refreshing and pretty than the combination between pure white and lively green? A buttercream cake decorated with fresh greenery will look absolutely superb for a Spring wedding, outdoor wedding, or simply a wedding inspired by the beauties of Mother Nature.
- White and naked. Who said you can’t have both worlds? Pick a naked cake with a larger coverage of white and it will look absolutely gorgeous. Ideal for a backyard wedding, shabby chic wedding, or rustic wedding!
- White and opulent. Planning a large, very festive wedding? How about something inspired by the grace of Great Gatsby? Have your cake designer create a white wedding cake decorated with white icing patterns – pearls, geometrical shapes, stripes, lace, and so on. Even a combination of all of these will look fabulous!
- White and modern. Looking for a white wedding cake that would do perfectly well in a very modern environment? Opt for a marzipan icing white cake with a silky look to it and a minimalist cake topper to add a touch of uniqueness.
Have you found the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and come see what we offer! We will be there to provide you with the kind of venue that can never go out of fashion – timeless, elegant, and beautiful in all seasons!
Your wedding cake! We bet this is one of those wedding elements that comes in close to your very own wedding gown on the list of priorities! You want this cake to look downright awe-inspiring. You want it to be fully coordinated with your wedding style. But more than anything, you want this to be a decadent, indulgent treat for everyone at your wedding.
How do you do that? Here are some of the tips you should follow:
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Your wedding cake’s flavors don’t have to be traditional, no matter how the cake looks on the outside. If you are serving a tiered cake, don’t be afraid to create different flavor combinations for each of the tiers (and if you are serving multiple smaller cakes, you can definitely take the same approach). Also, settle for unique combos and ingredients – figs, caramel, salty nuts, rose, pistachio – there’s a limitless list of options here.
- Flowers can really add a lot to the cake. Fresh edible flowers are the best wedding cake addition ever! Not only do they look fantastic, but they can taste equally great too – so don’t be afraid of being a bit creative here!
- And yes, you can totally skip the traditional cake. Replace the cake with other types of sweets arranged in towers (macarons, doughnuts – you name it). Or, if you want to be really unconventional, skip the cake-y dessert altogether and amaze your guests with a fabulous looking tower of cheese wheels! Everyone will love it!
Have you found the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? If not, you should definitely check out what Black Horse Inn has to offer! Classic, beautiful, and truly elegant, our wedding venue is perfect for couples who are in love with nature and history!
Your winter wedding deserves to be absolutely fantastic! You and your love story deserve to have a Big Day torn out of a winter wonderland – and your dress will obviously play a huge role in this.
What are some of the most fabulous winter wedding gowns that will keep you warm and make you feel like the elegant Queen of the Big Day you are? Read on to inspire yourself.
- Settle for heavier fabrics. For instance, you could wear a dress made mostly from taffeta (e.g. the bottom half) and veil that’s embroidered with tri-dimensional details. This kind of design looks fantastic with long sleeves and off-the-shoulder necklines, so you can definitely settle for it if you want to be a winter bride that’s both classy and
- Wear pants. Not only is this totally acceptable these days, but it is actually a huge trend! A pair of luxurious white pants and an ultra-feminine top will make you feel so unique, so comfortable, and so elegant at the same time! This attire is bound to wow your wedding guests!
- Steal inspiration from the Roaring Twenties. What could be more fabulous, more glamorous, and more opulent than the magnificent 20s? A long mermaid-cut dress that embraces your womanly curves, embellished with stunning beadwork and golden or silver details will make you look absolutely breath-taking! And if you add a bare back into the mix, you are definitely going to steal your guests’ hearts in the blink of an eye!
Have you booked your Virginia wedding venue? Located at the confluence between the old and the new, surrounded by natural landscapes of unforgettable beauties, Black Horse Inn is the ideal wedding venue for couples who want to make their Big Day feel truly special. Contact us today and come see for yourself!
Finding the perfect wedding dress can be a huge task for a bride who wants to look perfect on her wedding day (and what bride doesn’t, after all?). Of course, you will first have to think of the types of dresses you are considering – and a backless wedding gown design should definitely be among your options.
Why – and what are some of the most beautiful dresses that fall into this category? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- A racerback backless wedding gown is perfect for the bride who wants to wow (and shock) her wedding guests. Almost too revealing but tasteful and classy at the same time, this design will make a huge fashion statement and it will definitely attract everyone’s eyes on you.
- A keyhole backless wedding dress. Want to reveal just a bit of skin and maintain your dress’ sweet kind of femininity? A keyhole backless wedding dress “peeps” in, but doesn’t show off too much, making it perfect for brides who are at the confluence between modern and traditional wedding rules.
- A lace backless wedding dress. Allowing your skin to show through the back of your wedding dress is a bold move in itself, especially if you’re not used with this type of evening dresses. A lace or embroidered dress will embrace your back’s nudity and make you feel really feminine and gracious as you walk down the aisle. Superb choice for just about any bride!
Have you found the right wedding venue in Virginia? You MUST contact Black Horse Inn and learn more about our offer! Give us a call today and schedule your tour of our grounds – you will be charmed by the natural environment, history, and timeless elegance our entire venue provides!
Wedding shoes are highly important for a bride. After all, you want to accessorize your Virginia wedding gown in a way that truly makes it pop – but even more than that, you want to wear a pair of shoes that will actually make you feel excellent.
What are the latest trends in bridal footwear? We have some tips for you – so read on if you need some inspiration.
- Slingback shoes. Pointed or round-toed, with a high heel or with a kitten heel, this retro trend is growing stronger and stronger with every day that goes by. In the end, you have all the reason to choose this design for your Big Day: they are utterly elegant, they come in a variety of designs, and they provide you with the opportunity to pick a pair that’s actually comfortable.
- Again, this is a retro trend that has come back in full force – and oh, my, how many varieties there are! You can opt for a square-shaped loafer if you want a classic, comfortable look, or for a more elegant design if you want to be both comfortable and stylish. They are just perfect if you want to really dance your way into the Big Day!
- Ankle boots. High heels or not, ankle boots are a true staple of the Fall and Winter seasons – so they didn’t miss from this year’s runways either. They are a truly wonderful choice for a bride who wants to make sure she won’t get chilly on her wedding day, but still wants to keep it stylish and elegant!
Looking for the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn! We take pride in making our clients 100% happy on their wedding day – and you will make no exception from the rule!