Your hair is really important for your wedding look – but it’s not all about the hairstyle itself. In fact, even the simplest hairstyle can be instantly “upgraded” when the right headpieces are used.
What are some of the most stunning options, according to your bridal style? We have some tips and ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
- Are you the kind of bride who really loves being old-school stylish? A blusher will look so amazing on you, especially if you have shorter hair! If you have long hair, wear a pearl chain or a crystal headband – they are both stunning and they will instantly make your hairstyle pop with elegance and luxuriousness (even if you are simply wearing your hair down).
- Boho-chic. We must admit: boho chic weddings and brides are really lovely. Complement your wedding style with dainty little flowers or butterfly hairclips made with crystals – they are so sweet and romantic! And if you want to push this even further, invest in an antique back-of-the-head tiara in three layers – it’s just amazing how it can instantly make the simplest updo feel like you’ve just walked out of the Roaring Twenties!
- If you are the bride who wants to get married in the largest ballgown dress, in a luxurious ballroom, and with a train that sweeps the floors of your wedding ceremony site, you need a hair accessory suited for this. Tiaras (made with crystals, diamonds, and even pearls), as well as crowns (even the white lace ones) are exactly what you need!
Looking for a romantic wedding venue in Virginia? Come see Black Horse Inn and everything we have to offer! Contact us today and allow us to be the ones who will host the biggest and most unforgettable event of your life!
Choosing the right bridesmaids is really important for you as a bride – but what happens if they don’t actually get along, like you hoped they would? Well, we have some tips for you – so read on and find out more about this.
- Although your Maid of Honor should be your “delegate” when it comes to bridesmaids’ communications, you will see that there will be times when you will simply have to talk to your bridesmaids face to face. Listen to their pleas, see why they are so upset, and try to really feel with them (if you were ever a bridesmaid, you will surely know how to relate to your own super-ladies).
- Don’t take sides. It may seem fair to you to side with the bridesmaid who’s closest to your heart, or whose opinion is more similar to yours. However, taking sides will only make things worse – just as it would if the mother would take sides when the siblings fight with each other. Be calm, try to resonate with everyone, and try to bring peace among your bridesmaids.
- Don’t take this too personally. Just because some of your bridesmaids don’t get along very well, it doesn’t mean they want to harm you – not even by far. They just have their own opinions and they are ready to argue to sustain them – and this does not mean in any way that they want to ruin your experience as the bride-to-be. Remember why you chose these amazing ladies in the first place!
Searching for a romantic, timeless wedding venue in Virginia? Black Horse Inn is here, waiting for your visit. Contact us right now, learn more about our wedding packages and how we will help you have a truly amazing wedding day nobody will ever forget!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Corey Ann
We all know your wedding day will be a real rollercoaster of emotions – so everyone understands if you forget about a minor thing or two. Yet, there are things you should absolutely not forget to do – precisely because they are crucial for the success of your Big Day and for the way you feel.
What are the things a lot of brides will forget to do on their wedding day? We have some tips for you – so continue reading to find out more about this.
- This may seem very, very basic – but the truth is that with so much nervousness and such a long list of things to do, many brides forget (or simply avoid) to eat. Do have a bite or two, though – you have a very demanding day ahead of you and it is of the utmost importance that you get your nutrition. A good, healthy and delicious breakfast will set you in a good mood for the day and ensure you have plenty of energy for the million-and-one amazing things you’ll experience today.
- Bring your marriage license. You may think this is just a sheet of paper – but without it, the wedding itself cannot actually happen. Make sure your Maid of Honor will remind you of this, so that your marriage is fully legal at the end of the day.
- Prepare tips for the wedding vendors. They’ve put a lot of work into making your dream wedding happen and they deserve their tips – so make sure to set aside the envelopes for them. Your Best Man should be the one handing in the tips – but it is still very important for you not to forget about them either.
Looking for a splendid wedding venue in Virginia? You should definitely come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer – you will LOVE it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ jorgemejia
Planning the perfect day-of schedule is absolutely crucial for the success of your wedding. And yet, it is not even by far as easy as it may appear at first – especially since there are many factors to consider and many unexpected situations to work with as well.
For example, do you know how much time should be between your ceremony and reception? If not, read on, because we have gathered some of the most important etiquette tips when it comes to this.
• There is no actual “right” answer when it comes to this question. It depends on a lot of things – and one of the fundamental ones is when and where you plan to have your ceremony. If you want to have your wedding ceremony in a house of worship, you may get stuck with a morning slot for the event. This means that you will have to redirect people back to their hotels (or towards any other attractions in the area) – but only after offering them a short luncheon!
• Furthermore, if you plan on having an evening wedding, you should not allow more than 60-90 minutes for the break between the ceremony and the reception. Ideally, you should turn this into a cocktail hour and allow guests to freshen up, energize and get in the mood for partying.
• Another option is to plan a cocktail hour and extend it into a dinner service as well. This is a less traditional approach, but it can leave more time for the dancing party too – so you might actually consider the idea.
Still looking for the perfect venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at this beautiful wedding venue – you will instantly fall in love with it!
In a world crumbling down under the weight of our ignorance and carelessness, being eco-friendly has become more than an option – it has become necessity. And, as an environmentally-conscious couple, you will definitely want to make your wedding as eco-friendly as possible. How to do that, though? How to have a “green” wedding? Here are some tips you should definitely consider:
- Green wedding favors. Yes, your wedding favors can be inspired by your passion to protect the environment! Not only can you choose items that have been manufactured cruelty-free and from materials that are organic, but you can actually help Mother Nature rejuvenate itself by offering every guests with a flower seed to plant at home. What a beautiful and meaningful favor!
- Keep it green with the florals. One of the least eco-friendly parts about weddings is how so many flowers get cut and used for just one day. To avoid this from happening, consider having a lot of greenery and foliage as part of the wedding décor and centerpieces. Greenery is a lot easier to “repurpose”- and plus, you can offer guests potted green plants as wedding favors too.
- Save the trees with your stationery. Sure, you may not be able to go all-electronic with your stationery – but a very good part of it can be electronic (e.g. you can send just the invitations and a small card directing guests to the wedding website). Furthermore, you can also use recycled paper for your wedding stationery paper too – it can make such a huge difference for the environment itself!
Black Horse Inn is a gorgeous wedding venue that embraces the amazing nature surrounding us here, in Virginia. If you’re searching for a wedding venue touched by the beauties of Mother Nature for your eco-friendly wedding, you should definitely come and see what we offer!
Your wedding ceremony is going to be one of the most memorable, magical and truly fantastic moments of your life. You deserve this, your loved one deserves this and, ultimately, your love story itself deserves this.
How to have a wedding ceremony aisle that’s totally incredible and complements how amazing you feel? Here are some tips to inspire you:
- Forget about the rose petals. Sure, they are extremely beautiful – but this is something that’s been done over and over again (for the past few years at least). Think creatively and incorporate Moroccan rugs, or why not, a completely personalized carpet with your wedding date or a meaningful quote on it.
- What surrounds the aisle matters too. Of course, the wedding aisle is the center of your attention – but before you jump into ordering any pieces of décor make sure you take the overall aesthetic of the ceremony site into consideration. Think of the chairs, the arrangement and the general “vibes” of your ceremony site, so that you design an aisle that beautifully and harmoniously incorporates everything.
- Talk to your venue manager. Depending on the ceremony site you have chosen, you may not be allowed to do everything you want with the aisle. Solutions can be found, though, in most of the cases – so it is essential that you discuss with your venue manager and see what is and is not acceptable from their point of view.
Black Horse Inn is a gorgeous wedding venue, filled with history, timeless elegance and grace. We are proud to host our brides and grooms’ wedding ideas in a flawless, elegant way – and we are proud to be part of their love story too. If you are searching for a sophisticated, warm and candid venue for the Big Day, be sure to contact us and come see what we offer!
They are two of America’s most popular singers. Different yet very much similar, friends to the core and, generally, a great pair, Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton are always in our hearts. Are Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton engaged, though? Are the rumors true? Here are some of the things you will definitely want to know about this:
- The facts: Gwen has been spotted with a splendid diamond pave eternity band on her fingers – and given the intricacy, beauty and diamond of this piece, we were all tempted to believe it was high time we created a Pinterest board for the two lovers’ wedding.
- As it turns out though, Gwen and Blake are not tying the knot – not for now, at least. They do have plenty of fun on this theme, though – as Gwen herself has said it. According to her, the rumors are quite crazy and entertaining for them and they sometimes feel that things have ran out of control when it comes to how the media spots every aspect of their personal lives.
- We may be heartbroken for now, but considering how great Gwen and Blake are together, we definitely expect to see the diamond ring on her finger quite soon. They are both still taking it slowly after their previous divorces – so we understand them very well. But, yes, we would very much like to see the two of them tying the knot!
Have you gotten engaged? Are you searching for a beautiful, elegant and unforgettable wedding venue in Virginia? If so, come visit Black Horse Inn and we will make sure to provide you with a venue that’s full of sophistication, uniqueness and history. Come visit us, take a good look at what we offer and book us for a day nobody will ever forget!
Your wedding reception is all about you and your love story – so it’s only normal to want to personalize it every single step of the way. What are some unique ways of identifying the tables at your wedding reception, though? We have gathered some ideas to inspire you – so read on to find out more.
- Yes, numbering your tables in a chronological order is not what you would call “personal” in any way. However, you could the traditional chronologically numbered tables with numbers that are meaningful for you (e.g. the date you met, the date he proposed, how many years you’ve been together, and so on) – and this would be an idea everyone will love!
- If numbers don’t appeal to you, change them with locations that are meaningful for you. The place where you first dated or the states you come from – these are locations that will always be important to you and they definitely deserve being incorporated in the Big Day.
- Are you the kind of couple who loves reading? Then bring this into your wedding day! Pick your favorite books and name tables after them! Guests will love being seated at tables named after amazing books – and this is a wonderful opportunity to add personality to your wedding too!
- If you and your loved one have photos you love, use them as identifiers for your wedding reception tables. This will make your décor and your entire wedding so much more unique and lovely!
Black Horse Inn is a stunning, elegant and timelessly beautiful wedding venue in Virginia. If you want your Big Day to be surrounded by history, elegance and amazing nature, come and visit us as soon as possible – you will love every inch of our venue!
Your wedding may be all about yourself and your great love story – but beyond anything, it is about sharing this great moment with the people who are dear to you. Therefore, it only comes as a natural wish to make sure all of your guests have a good time at your wedding.
What are some of the most popular things wedding guests love these days? We have gathered 5 of them right below – so read on and find out more.
- Late-night snacks. Yes, they are not healthy – but they can be so indulgent and good for the soul! Provide your guests with some classic late-night snacks with a twist – such as mini-burgers, spoons filled with comforting mac and cheese or delicious slices of cheesy pizza.
- Dessert trucks. There’s something childish and surprising about dessert trucks that makes them absolutely irresistible. Imagine how much fun your guests will have with your wedding ice cream truck!
- Photo booths (and video booths too). We live in the era of selfies and Social Media – so your guests will be more than appreciative if you provided them with a fun photo booth (and some even more fun props to “play around” with).
- If you plan to invite kids at your wedding, make sure their parents have fun by providing on-site babysitting and entertainment services. This way, guests will have fun at your wedding regardless of how young or old they may be.
- Anniversary dances. Weddings are real-life fairy tale stories – and anniversary dances are the very proof that love always wins. Regardless of how “tough” some of your guests may act, they won’t be able to resist your grandma and grandpa dancing on their favorite song.
Black Horse Inn can help you have a dream wedding – so if you are still searching for a beautiful venue, come visit us and take a look around. The wonderful grounds we’re on, as well as the amazing history behind us recommend us as a timelessly elegant wedding venue, suitable for a wide range of wedding ideas.
Photo Credit: Terra Dawn Photography
Here at Black Horse Inn, we love showing our hospitality. We love it when people have a great time at our special location and we love it when we help them create unforgettable memories – regardless of whether they are here for a short vacation or for their most important life events.
What are some of the most attractive Black Horse Inn Seasonal Specials and Packages? Read on and find out more.
- The Romance Package. Spend one very romantic night at Black Horse Inn with our Romance Package! We will provide you with one of our best rooms, we will offer you champagne, cake and/or a bouquet of flowers to enchant your evening and we will wait for you with a Cookie Night Cap tray when you return from your dinner. In other words, we will provide you with the perfect ingredients for a really romantic memory!
- The “Diamonds Are Forever” Dinner Proposal Package. Have you decided to pop the big question? If so, Black Horse Inn can help you plan a truly memorable proposal! Take your loved one for a night at the Black Horse Inn and we will provide you with a gorgeous room, a bottle of champagne, a bouquet of flowers, a $50 gift certificate for dinner at Iron Bridge Restaurant in Old Town, Warrenton, VA and an after dinner Cookie Night Cap tray.
- The “Girls Night Out” Getaway Package. Want to pamper yourself and your girls? This package is what you are looking for. Spend one night at our inn, receive a $50 gift certificate for the Iron Bride Restaurant in Old Town, have a spa pedicure at one of your favorite local spas and, upon your return, we will welcome you with a Cookie Night Cap tray.
Curious to find out more about Black Horse Inn and our packages? Come visit our site, give us a call and book your spot for some of the most beautiful memories of your entire life!