Candy bars are almost a must these days at weddings – so you probably want to create one as well. Why wouldn’t you? These sweet tables will add a lot to your wedding décor and they will definitely delight the guests as well – so you have all the reasons to love them.
How do you plan the perfect wedding candy bar, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Start with great containers. Tossing some candy on plain white plates and bowls is not the way you want to do this. Choose containers that are well coordinated with your entire wedding theme – and don’t be afraid to get creative. From pretty bowls to woven baskets and mason jars, there are a million ways to do this – pick the one that suits your style best.
- Invest in beautiful décor. You don’t have to invest a fortune in this, but you should definitely invest some time to make sure you choose the right pieces. Flowers, greenery, a very long table linen to cover the legs of the table, and even the table itself – they will all matter. Choose wisely!
- Double the candy bar as wedding favors. Provide guests with adorable boxes or envelopes they can use to grab some of the sweets to go – they will definitely love being able to create their own mix of delicious candy!
- Don’t forget about the candy! It needs to be really good looking, preferably in colors that match your wedding palette. But more than that, the candy needs to be delicious, so don’t skimp on the sweets when creating the candy bar.
Looking for the best wedding venue in Virginia? You are in the right place! Contact Black Horse Inn if you want to have a romantic wedding surrounded by the beauty of nature and history!
Your wedding cake! We bet this is one of those wedding elements that comes in close to your very own wedding gown on the list of priorities! You want this cake to look downright awe-inspiring. You want it to be fully coordinated with your wedding style. But more than anything, you want this to be a decadent, indulgent treat for everyone at your wedding.
How do you do that? Here are some of the tips you should follow:
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Your wedding cake’s flavors don’t have to be traditional, no matter how the cake looks on the outside. If you are serving a tiered cake, don’t be afraid to create different flavor combinations for each of the tiers (and if you are serving multiple smaller cakes, you can definitely take the same approach). Also, settle for unique combos and ingredients – figs, caramel, salty nuts, rose, pistachio – there’s a limitless list of options here.
- Flowers can really add a lot to the cake. Fresh edible flowers are the best wedding cake addition ever! Not only do they look fantastic, but they can taste equally great too – so don’t be afraid of being a bit creative here!
- And yes, you can totally skip the traditional cake. Replace the cake with other types of sweets arranged in towers (macarons, doughnuts – you name it). Or, if you want to be really unconventional, skip the cake-y dessert altogether and amaze your guests with a fabulous looking tower of cheese wheels! Everyone will love it!
Have you found the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? If not, you should definitely check out what Black Horse Inn has to offer! Classic, beautiful, and truly elegant, our wedding venue is perfect for couples who are in love with nature and history!
We bet you’ve seen the superb wedding cakes featuring fresh flowers as décor. But have you ever considered adding pressed flowers to your wedding food as well? As it turns out, this is one of the biggest wedding food trends for 2018 – so it is bound to be adopted by a lot of couples getting married next year.
How to pull it off? These pressed flower wedding food ideas will win your heart:
- Flowery wedding favors. And no, we’re not talking about classic cupcakes with marzipan flowers as décor. Homemade cookies filled with all the good ingredients, topped with pressed flowers – that’s what 2018 is calling for! Let’s admit it: this idea is simply irresistible: it will taste amazing, it will look surreally beautiful, and it will most definitely feel like a totally unique treat for your guests!
- Flowery party fun. Planning to serve jello shots at your wedding? That’s a great idea, especially if you want to have a huge party for the Big Day. If you also want to add a dash of femininity and beauty to your jello shots, fill them with frozen flowers. Guests will LOVE this!
- Flowery foods. A good chef will know what flowers will complement their food (both from a visual point of view and from the point of view of the taste). For instance, chrysanthemums will look amazing with spicy dishes, while pansies will be perfect for desserts.
Looking for a wedding venue in Virginia? For a place that will harbor your love story for the Big Day and help you have a truly amazing event? Contact Black Horse Inn! Our experience in hosting incredible, unforgettable weddings will definitely help you have the Big Day you have always wanted – so contact us today, come see what we offer, and book us for this fabulous life event!
Your winter wedding deserves to be absolutely fantastic! You and your love story deserve to have a Big Day torn out of a winter wonderland – and your dress will obviously play a huge role in this.
What are some of the most fabulous winter wedding gowns that will keep you warm and make you feel like the elegant Queen of the Big Day you are? Read on to inspire yourself.
- Settle for heavier fabrics. For instance, you could wear a dress made mostly from taffeta (e.g. the bottom half) and veil that’s embroidered with tri-dimensional details. This kind of design looks fantastic with long sleeves and off-the-shoulder necklines, so you can definitely settle for it if you want to be a winter bride that’s both classy and
- Wear pants. Not only is this totally acceptable these days, but it is actually a huge trend! A pair of luxurious white pants and an ultra-feminine top will make you feel so unique, so comfortable, and so elegant at the same time! This attire is bound to wow your wedding guests!
- Steal inspiration from the Roaring Twenties. What could be more fabulous, more glamorous, and more opulent than the magnificent 20s? A long mermaid-cut dress that embraces your womanly curves, embellished with stunning beadwork and golden or silver details will make you look absolutely breath-taking! And if you add a bare back into the mix, you are definitely going to steal your guests’ hearts in the blink of an eye!
Have you booked your Virginia wedding venue? Located at the confluence between the old and the new, surrounded by natural landscapes of unforgettable beauties, Black Horse Inn is the ideal wedding venue for couples who want to make their Big Day feel truly special. Contact us today and come see for yourself!
No longer is it compulsory for brides to wear sparkling white dresses on their wedding day. This may be what most ladies decide on, but it is, in the end, their option. If you want to have a wedding that steps away from tradition, but would still like to keep it low-key and elegant, a champagne wedding dress will be absolutely perfect for you.
The great news? The options you have in this category are more than generous. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- An off-the-shoulder dress with champagne as the base and a detailed white overlay. This type of dress brings together tradition and modern times like nothing else can – not to mention it will make you feel utterly beautiful as you walk down the aisle!
- A deep V-neck wedding dress with lace appliques. Looking for an ultra-feminine wedding gown design? There’s nothing like lace to speak about delicacy, beauty, and femininity – so embrace one of these gowns for your Big Day and you will feel so, so amazing in it!
- A classic ballgown, with an overly detailed bodice and a long, generous veil skirt. You can get this dress in champagne entirely, but you can also get it with a champagne under-tone that will add just a soft feminine touch of modernity to an otherwise traditional wedding dress. Perfect for brides who don’t want to be too contemporary or too conventional in any way!
Looking for the very best wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn – we will be there for you to provide you with a splendid, elegant and really versatile wedding venue. We’re the kind of venue that will make you and your guests feel unforgettably well under our roof – so contact us today and allow us to help you have the most amazing wedding ever!
Finding the perfect wedding dress can be a huge task for a bride who wants to look perfect on her wedding day (and what bride doesn’t, after all?). Of course, you will first have to think of the types of dresses you are considering – and a backless wedding gown design should definitely be among your options.
Why – and what are some of the most beautiful dresses that fall into this category? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- A racerback backless wedding gown is perfect for the bride who wants to wow (and shock) her wedding guests. Almost too revealing but tasteful and classy at the same time, this design will make a huge fashion statement and it will definitely attract everyone’s eyes on you.
- A keyhole backless wedding dress. Want to reveal just a bit of skin and maintain your dress’ sweet kind of femininity? A keyhole backless wedding dress “peeps” in, but doesn’t show off too much, making it perfect for brides who are at the confluence between modern and traditional wedding rules.
- A lace backless wedding dress. Allowing your skin to show through the back of your wedding dress is a bold move in itself, especially if you’re not used with this type of evening dresses. A lace or embroidered dress will embrace your back’s nudity and make you feel really feminine and gracious as you walk down the aisle. Superb choice for just about any bride!
Have you found the right wedding venue in Virginia? You MUST contact Black Horse Inn and learn more about our offer! Give us a call today and schedule your tour of our grounds – you will be charmed by the natural environment, history, and timeless elegance our entire venue provides!
Wedding shoes are highly important for a bride. After all, you want to accessorize your Virginia wedding gown in a way that truly makes it pop – but even more than that, you want to wear a pair of shoes that will actually make you feel excellent.
What are the latest trends in bridal footwear? We have some tips for you – so read on if you need some inspiration.
- Slingback shoes. Pointed or round-toed, with a high heel or with a kitten heel, this retro trend is growing stronger and stronger with every day that goes by. In the end, you have all the reason to choose this design for your Big Day: they are utterly elegant, they come in a variety of designs, and they provide you with the opportunity to pick a pair that’s actually comfortable.
- Again, this is a retro trend that has come back in full force – and oh, my, how many varieties there are! You can opt for a square-shaped loafer if you want a classic, comfortable look, or for a more elegant design if you want to be both comfortable and stylish. They are just perfect if you want to really dance your way into the Big Day!
- Ankle boots. High heels or not, ankle boots are a true staple of the Fall and Winter seasons – so they didn’t miss from this year’s runways either. They are a truly wonderful choice for a bride who wants to make sure she won’t get chilly on her wedding day, but still wants to keep it stylish and elegant!
Looking for the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn! We take pride in making our clients 100% happy on their wedding day – and you will make no exception from the rule!
Every woman dreams of being a dashing bride – the kind of lady who simply illuminates the wedding ceremony aisle and radiates beauty and self-confidence every step of the way. The great news? All brides are like that – and the key ingredient is far simpler than many believe: happiness.
However, you will still want to put the extra-effort and feel really beautiful on your wedding day – and your wedding gown is absolutely crucial when it comes to this. What are some of the loveliest wedding dress trends for the Fall of 2017? We have gathered them right here – read on for some inspiration.
- It makes sense to wear a jacket during Fall, doesn’t it? Well, this year’s trends are more than generous in this chapter. Leather jackets, lace jackets, long jackets, short jackets – there’s something for everyone, regardless of how traditional, elegant, or casual you want to be.
- Short and mid-length. Tired of floor-sweeping gowns? They do have their beauty, but if you want to stand out from the crowd and be a bit more comfortable, a mini or mid-length gown is really what you need. They are so pretty and feminine these days that you will never regret not having worn a very long gown!
- Nude shades. Pink and nudes have always been elegant and feminine – but this season, they’re more than welcomed on bridal runways too. Lovely and sweet, unique and full of personality, these dresses are perfect for a bride who wants to make a real fashion statement as she walks down the aisle.
Looking for the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? You MUST come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer. People find our venue to be truly charming, and we’re sure you will think the same – so contact us today and come see what we offer!
Are you a future wedding guest? We bet wedding etiquette can be confusing, especially with so many changes. For instance, do you know when to send the gift, so that the couple receives it in due time?
We have some tips to help you with this – continue reading if you want to learn more.
- In general, there’s no actual rule as to when you can send the gift. There are two main options: very early or close to the wedding date. The first option is great for guests who want to make sure the wedding registry will not be “sold” by the time they start the purchase process. The second option is suitable for those of you who know the couple will move before the Big Day, and you want to make sure their gift reaches their new address.
- If you want to buy a gift that’s not in the wedding registry, have it shipped to the couple’s preferred address before the wedding. DO NOT bring it to the actual event – it will be difficult for everyone involved to have it transported in safe conditions.
- Thinking of offering a money gift? The classic “envelope” may sound like a great idea, but it’s not that good when you think of how easily an envelope can be misplaced. Send a check before the wedding – it’s the safest way to make sure the couple will actually receive your money gift.
Black Horse Inn is a superb wedding venue in Virginia, so if you’re planning to have your wedding in the area, be sure to check us out before booking any other wedding venue. We guarantee our old-school charm and elegance will make you fall in love with our venue – so contact us today and come see what we can offer for you Big Day.
Fall weddings are so, so amazing! Beautiful, romantic, and filled with the colors of this season, these weddings stand out from the crowd – precisely because they are so amazing and special.
If you love fall, and if you want to have a fall wedding, you surely want everything about its décor to be gorgeously coordinated with the season outside. How do you do this for the escort cards, though? Can you go beyond a fall-like design? We have some ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
- Fresh wheat. Yes, it can be as simple as that. Attach each guest’s name to a stem of fresh wheat and invite people to grab one to find their seats. Simple, beautiful, and really efficient!
- They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away – but what about apples that grow into being escort card holders? This is a (literally!) sweet way to add that autumn vibe into your escort cards without going too much iver the top.
- Gould pumpkins. Sure, these autumn creations may not seem as attractive as other types of pumpkins, but they are so unique! Plus, they add that rustic vibe that goes so well with fall weddings – and you can get really creative with their arrangements too! Simply attach your escort cards to these natural “holders” and you will instantly style up your wedding’s décor.
- Fallen leaves. The ultimate sign of autumn, fallen leaves can too become amazing escort cards. Have them calligrapher with your guests’ names and their tables – we guarantee they will be impressed!
Looking for the very best wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and we will make sure your wedding is really beautiful, just as you have always wanted it to be!