Your wedding season is a really important choice, especially since it will influence so many of your wedding decisions – starting with the venue and ending with the smallest details, such as the color of the napkins you place on the table.
Of course, most couples settle on spring and summer weddings for reasons that are perfectly fine – such as the high likelihood of good weather, for example.
Why would you settle on a winter wedding in Virginia?
We have some tips for you – so read on to find out more.
- Winter weddings are usually less expensive. If you’re worried about your finances and if you want to maximize your savings as much as possible, you will want to avoid the main wedding season (spring and summer). Since wedding vendors and venues are more available during wintertime, it is more likely that you will be able to negotiate better prices with them.
- Winter weddings are cozy and welcoming. You can always set a really nice, comforting atmosphere for your winter wedding! Take inspiration from Thanksgiving and Christmas for your wedding menu, add a bit of glitter inspired by New Year’s Eve, and create the kind of atmosphere people will absolutely love. Nothing beats nice discussions over hot chocolate or mulled wine!
- Winter weddings are more exciting for guests. Your wedding guests haven’t been to a wedding in months by this time, so they will be naturally more inclined to be excited about your Big Day. Consequently, they will be in a better party mood, and there’s a bigger chance that they will have genuine fun celebrating your love story.
- Remember the money you saved by choosing a winter wedding? Well, imagine you could use that for a tropical honeymoon in the middle of winter. Snowy weather and magical pictures in a picturesque white landscape are amazing – but jumping from that to an exotic island, with a coconut cocktail in your hand, well, that’s an experience you will never forget. And imagine just what a gorgeous tan you will bring back home in Virginia!
Looking for a wonderful, sweet, and romantic wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and come see what we offer! Our historical wedding venue is here to help you make sure your wedding day is absolutely flawless form head to finish – so you will never regret booking us!
We’ve said this before and we will say it again: the wedding venue you choose can be hugely influential for the success of your Big Day, so make sure you shop around and get the best one to suit your particular needs.
How to do that? What are the essential questions all brides and grooms should ask when looking for a wedding venue in Virginia?
Read on and find out more.
- How many guests can it hold? At this point, you have a very first draft of your guest list, so you have a rough number in head. Make sure you don’t book a venue that’s too small (because it will make everyone feel crammed), but make sure the venue isn’t too large either (because it might make people feel too distanced from each other).
- What is included in the contract? Is there any extra service the venue will include in the price they’re asking you? Will there be a cleaning service included, or will you have to handle this on your own? Is there any kind of décor the venue can provide (i.e. chair covers)? Will they provide anything like valet service, for instance? You should definitely know these things before signing on the dotted line.
- How many hours will your venue be available for – and will there be other brides too? Some venues split their space in multiple reception rooms and ceremony sites, so if this is the case, you definitely want to know if there’s another wedding happening on the same day as yours. Furthermore, you should also know how many hours you can spend at the venue.
- When will you be able to enter the venue and make all the last arrangements? This depends a lot on the wedding venue and each has their own rules – so it’s really important to ask this, so that you can plan an adequate timeline of the Big Day.
- Is there anything that’s not allowed? Some venues forbid the use of anything that includes open flame (candles, lanterns, and so on). Others are very strict with the types of things you can toss on the wedding exit. Ask about these issues to make sure you plan accordingly.
Looking for a superb wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn – we guarantee you will fall in love with its romantic sweetness!
As the bride and groom, you deserve a vacation all for you. You deserve the luxury of the hotel you picked and the amazing activities you have in mind for this trip. You deserve to relax yourselves and start your married life on the right foot, with a huge smile on your faces (and, probably, a pretty impressive tan on your skins too!).
What are some of the worries you definitely have to leave behind when leaving on your honeymoon? We’ve gathered them below – so read on and find out more.
- Anything related (even remotely!) to the wedding. The flowers you left behind for your Maid of Honor to pick up, the envelopes your Best Man sent to your home, how upset aunt June was at your pink wedding dress – leave all these behind. And don’t you even think of the Thank You notes! Allow yourself to be really, really carefree on this vacation!
- Anything related to your wardrobe. Sure, it’s perfectly sane and smart to pack up things for every weather, but that doesn’t mean you have to worry about every single pair of shoes you’ll wear on a two-week vacation. Pack smart and make the most out of basic items – you really don’t need more!
- Anything related to minute planning. You’ve planned enough for the Big Day – don’t plan every single minute of your honeymoon too. Not only is that exhausting, but it kind of goes against the idea of “enjoyment and relaxation” too. Sure, make a list of the things you absolutely want to do and see, but don’t make it a list that will keep you busy for every single hour of your honeymoon.
Looking for a fantastic wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who will host your wedding day! You won’t regret it!
If you love Game of Thrones as much as pretty much everyone else, you know and appreciate Sophie Turner for her amazing work on the show. Did you know she is getting married to Joe Jonas, though?
What are the details of their wedding – what are the things people know at this point? We have gathered them right below – so read on if you want to find out more.
- The couple was always very discrete with the details of their romance – so we cannot expect to know a lot about their wedding, as it will most likely not happen in the public eye (like Kim Kardashian’s wedding happened, for example).
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas were first spotted dating in 2016, at a concert. In 2017, they announced their engagement with a very simple picture of a definitely-stunning engagement ring and a sweet caption saying “I said yes”. Isn’t this really romantic?
- Up to the moment, no details have been released about the actual wedding date. However, Sophie Turner’s Game of Thrones sister and real-life best friend, Maisie Williams, declared that the couple will most likely wait for the Game of Thrones finale to have their wedding, as Sophie will be focusing a lot on her work in the next year.
- Asked if she knows any of the wedding party members, Maisie Williams also admitted that she was already included in the list – and that she obviously said “yes” to Sophie’s proposal. We really can’t wait to see the two girls on such a huge moment in Sophie’s life!
Are you getting married as well? If you want to have your wedding in Virginia and if you are still looking for a wedding venue, be sure to come check out Black Horse Inn! You will LOVE it!
Your hair is really important for your wedding look – but it’s not all about the hairstyle itself. In fact, even the simplest hairstyle can be instantly “upgraded” when the right headpieces are used.
What are some of the most stunning options, according to your bridal style? We have some tips and ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
- Are you the kind of bride who really loves being old-school stylish? A blusher will look so amazing on you, especially if you have shorter hair! If you have long hair, wear a pearl chain or a crystal headband – they are both stunning and they will instantly make your hairstyle pop with elegance and luxuriousness (even if you are simply wearing your hair down).
- Boho-chic. We must admit: boho chic weddings and brides are really lovely. Complement your wedding style with dainty little flowers or butterfly hairclips made with crystals – they are so sweet and romantic! And if you want to push this even further, invest in an antique back-of-the-head tiara in three layers – it’s just amazing how it can instantly make the simplest updo feel like you’ve just walked out of the Roaring Twenties!
- If you are the bride who wants to get married in the largest ballgown dress, in a luxurious ballroom, and with a train that sweeps the floors of your wedding ceremony site, you need a hair accessory suited for this. Tiaras (made with crystals, diamonds, and even pearls), as well as crowns (even the white lace ones) are exactly what you need!
Looking for a romantic wedding venue in Virginia? Come see Black Horse Inn and everything we have to offer! Contact us today and allow us to be the ones who will host the biggest and most unforgettable event of your life!
Long hair will always be an ultra-feminine and stylish choice. But how do you style it for the Big Day? What are some of the most beautiful options you can choose as a bride with long hair?
We have some ideas and tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Return to the Glam of the Golden Hollywood. Want to look stylish, glamorous and absolutely fabulous? Take inspiration from the haircuts and styles of the 30s and 40s and curl your hair in a Hollywood-ish manner. It will look absolutely fantastic, especially with a super elegant wedding dress!
- Long, sleek, and flaweless. Kim K likes wearing her hair like this – so you can definitely wear it to your wedding the same. Keep in mind, your hair needs to be very well taken care of and nourished to look shiny and sleek! Also, using a professional hair straightened and protection products is very important too.
- Beach waves…regardless of the season. Beach waves are effortlessly beautiful, but they need to be achieved in a way that will ensure the same style throughout the entire day. That is precisely why our advice is to seek the help of an actual hairstylist to help you create the perfect beach wave hairdo.
- Half braided crown. Looking for a rustic chic style to suit your long hair (and show it off)? Pull half of your hair in a half braided crown at the back of your hair, and allow the remaining hair to flow naturally – it will look so pretty!
Searching for a stunning wedding venue in Virginia? Be sure to come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer – we guarantee you will not regret booking us for one of the most fantastic days of your life!
Your Big Day is one of the happiest and most unforgettable days of your life – so you definitely want to look flawless. Sure, choosing a pretty dress and accessorizing it with pieces that speak about your personality are both very important – but your makeup isn’t less important in any way.
How to create the perfect look for your wedding day? Read on and find out more.
- Do you want to look like a classy bride? The key here lies in using a good foundation that matches your complexion and your skin type. A touch of pink on your lips and cheeks, a bit of nude eye shadow and just a tad of eyeliner are all you need. Of course, there are variations on this look – so don’t be afraid to play around.
- Do you want to look like the glamorous diamond you feel on the inside? Achieving a dewy look is also connected to the right foundation (you will need one that leaves the skin shinier than the usual matte foundations). A bit of good highlighter, a pair of ultra wispy eyelashes and a touch of pink gloss will surely make you feel like a real-life princess!
- Do you want to look pretty, polished, and just a bit dramatic? Opt for a smoky eye makeup, then – but do make sure the lips and the face are as subtle as possible, then. The great news? Smoky eye makeup can be achieved with a very wide range of colors, so you can use it to match to your wedding color scheme as well.
Looking for the best wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn right now and come see what we offer! You will be charmed by the simple elegance of our venue!
Your bridal bouquet is a hugely important ingredient to consider when bringing together the perfect wedding look. With so many options and combinations, though, how do you make sure you choose the right type of bouquet to suit all of your needs?
We have some tips to help you with this – so read on and find out more.
- Like it or not, most flowers have just a few months of peak blooming during the year – so you should most likely make sure your wedding season and your favorite flowers are at least somewhat congruent. Not only will it be more difficult to find your favorite blooms when they’re off-season, but it will be a lot more expensive as well. However, keep in mind that your florist will be able to help you with replacements as well.
- Color and style. Your wedding flowers don’t have to be 100% coordinated with the wedding colors, but they should be at least complementary, up to a certain extent. More importantly, though, your wedding blooms need to be well coordinated with the wedding style. For instance, if you are planning a simple pink and white wedding in a ballroom, white calla lilies will be a far better choice than white wild roses.
- Meaning and symbolism. All flowers are special in their own way, and they all bear a particular meaning with them. Write your love story in the way you choose your bridal bouquet to add a sentimental touch to your wedding processional!
Looking for a truly beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? If you want to be surrounded by old-school elegance, timelessness, history, and pure natural beauty, come visit Black Horse Inn and get acquainted with our offer. You will absolutely love it here- and so will your guests!
Your wedding menu is not something you want to skimp on – it is, after all, one of the most important parts of the Big Day, especially if you want your guests to feel excellent at your wedding.
However, that doesn’t mean you cannot make do with a smaller budget. It doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money to have the delicious food you and your guests deserve. Here are some tips to help you with this:
- Skip the cake. If you are not a particular fan of cake and if you want your wedding to be more unique, you can always skip the cake and replace it with something that’s more like you. Cheesecake is an option, for example. Serving multiple tiers of cheesecake in different flavors will surely delight all guests!
- Skip the bubbly. Of course, champagne is the most popular drink option for wedding toasts – but that doesn’t mean you absolutely have to have it at your wedding too. Wine or sparkly wine can replace it successfully – and it will cost less than champagne even if you pick a high-end variety, so that everyone is satisfied with the taste.
- Don’t skip the snacks. Serving hors d’oeuvres during the Cocktail Hour and some late-night snacks towards the end of the reception can help you save a lot of money on the main meal without compromising on the quality of the food (or even on the quantity).
Looking for a superb wedding venue in Virginia? You are in the perfect place, then! Contact Black Horse Inn and we will make sure to provide you with the very best wedding venue in the entire area. Elegant, unique, and always ready to make couples happy, our venue is here for your Big Day!
Some things are simply timeless – especially when it comes to weddings. And if you want your wedding to be just as elegant 30 years from now as it is today, timeless is just the way to go.
How to choose a timeless white wedding cake that’s both stylish and innovative at the same time? We have some ideas for you – so read on and find out more to inspire yourself.
- White and green. What could be more refreshing and pretty than the combination between pure white and lively green? A buttercream cake decorated with fresh greenery will look absolutely superb for a Spring wedding, outdoor wedding, or simply a wedding inspired by the beauties of Mother Nature.
- White and naked. Who said you can’t have both worlds? Pick a naked cake with a larger coverage of white and it will look absolutely gorgeous. Ideal for a backyard wedding, shabby chic wedding, or rustic wedding!
- White and opulent. Planning a large, very festive wedding? How about something inspired by the grace of Great Gatsby? Have your cake designer create a white wedding cake decorated with white icing patterns – pearls, geometrical shapes, stripes, lace, and so on. Even a combination of all of these will look fabulous!
- White and modern. Looking for a white wedding cake that would do perfectly well in a very modern environment? Opt for a marzipan icing white cake with a silky look to it and a minimalist cake topper to add a touch of uniqueness.
Have you found the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and come see what we offer! We will be there to provide you with the kind of venue that can never go out of fashion – timeless, elegant, and beautiful in all seasons!