Thanksgiving is one of the most beautiful, joyful and warmest holidays in the United States – and it might be a very good option for a wedding too. What are the pros and cons of setting your wedding date on Thanksgiving, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- It can be very intimate and cozy. If you want a smaller wedding, invite your very close friends and family and celebrate your Thanksgiving wedding in a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
- It can be really fun. There are a lot of Thanksgiving motifs and traditions that can be successfully worked into your wedding day. Use your creativity and it will all turn amazingly gorgeous!
- It can help you control the size of your guest list. Given that not many people are willing to attend weddings on Thanksgiving, you will have the perfect excuse to create a smaller, more intimate guest list.
- Flying on Thanksgiving can be utterly expensive. Because this is a huge holiday, it is more than likely that airfares will be more expensive (which, depending on where you have your wedding, might affect both you and your guests).
- Vendors might not be cheap. These people have families too, so they will most likely charge extra for their presence at your wedding (so, no, you shouldn’t expect an “off-the-season” discount on this particular date).
- Not everyone will attend. There may be a lot of people you genuinely want at your wedding, but who might not be able to attend it because they are spending Thanksgiving with their families.
Black Horse Inn is a superb Virginian wedding venue you will love from the very first second you see it. Come visit us, take a look at our offer and book us for a genuinely marvelous Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Gabriel GM