For a quick getaway, withdraw less than an hour away from DC to a tranquil and comforting escape that is Black Horse Inn. Leave behind the city as you stroll through boxwood gardens, enjoy classic films from the library, or have afternoon tea overlooking stunning open land. Pair your escape with some of these great Virginia locations, just a few miles up the road. You will be talking about your getaway for years to come.
- Empower Adventure: Middleburg, VA If you’re looking for thrill, experience the rush of flying through the tree tops on 5 different zip lining courses. The courses allow you to take in over 20 acres of beautiful flora and fauna from a height ranging from 275ft to 670ft in the air. With events such as Midnight Zip Tours and packages like Survival Challenge, this will definitely prove to be an unforgettable experience.
- Messick’s Farm’s Market: Bealeton, VA Savor the fruits of your labor as you experience delicious mouthfuls of freshly picked strawberries. Then, to keep the day from ending, grab a couple of blankets, your strawberries, local BBQ, and enjoy your ideal picnic.
- Twilight Polo: The Plains, VA Enjoy an exciting date night or evening with friends and family as you watch a fast paced arena polo match from an elevated berm covered in lush grass. As you enjoy the game, Greenhill Winery will be on site selling some of their delicious selections of wines. If you don’t want to leave after the match is over, end the evening dancing to a DJ in the pavilion.
- Marriott Ranch Guided Horseback Riding: Hume, VA Surround yourself with scenic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains as you enjoy various horse related activities. One activity including a ninety-minute horseback ride through 4,200 acres of pastures, creeks, grazing cattle, and peaceful woods. Then continue your day with a relaxing picnic basket lunch on the ranch’s gorgeous grounds.
- Pearmund Cellars Winery: Broad Run, VA. Indulge in wines that were voted as the best in the state. Wines like the 2014 Viognier that has hints of white peach and honeysuckle or a 2013 Old Vine Chardonnay that unveils flavors of butter and toasted oak with hints of ripe pears and apples. Enjoy learning about these wines and more in the Tasting Room or discover how they’re made on a customized tour.