Although table names would generally be considered to be the kind of small detail that doesn’t bear a very important role in the wedding, the truth may be different. In fact, table names can help you get rid of that sense of hierarchy table numbers give and it can help you make all guests feel equally important for you as the hosts of this reception. Furthermore, table names can contribute a lot to your wedding theme too – so there’s absolutely no reason not to use them. To help you out, we have gathered 10 creative table names ideas to inspire you, so make sure to read on and find out more.
- Names of places you like. You can either choose actual places around the city where you live (parks, museums, attractions, etc.) or you can choose city names you like or that are related to your relationship too.
- Names of movies you like. For a vintage-themed wedding, you can choose the names of those vintage movies you both enjoy. For a Hollywood-themed wedding, you can simply use movies you have watched and enjoyed too. Also, you can use the actual movie poster or an image related to each movie for the table name card as well.
- Transportation maps of every big city in the world (Paris, London, Rome, New York, Los Angeles and so on). If you are people who like to travel, this would make a lot of sense and it could complement your wedding with a personal touch everyone will appreciate.
- Features of your honeymoon destination. For instance, if you plan on traveling to an exotic beach destination, you could use names and images of palm trees to name your tables. Also, if you plan on traveling to Europe, you could use attractions there as your table names as well.
- Names of sports or famous sportsmen can work amazingly for table names and they can give that “groom’s touch” that reveals just how well-balanced your relationship is.
- Local natural attractions. If you want a rustic wedding and if you want to show just how pride you are of the local natural beauties, you can definitely use their pictures/names to replace the traditional table numbers.
- Features of the season you are in. For instance, if you plan on having a spring wedding, you could make a list of all the things that are very much connected to spring (blossom trees, Easter, and so on) and you could use these as your table names.
- Disney princesses/fairy tales. If you want a wedding inspired by the beautiful Disney fairy tales, this is one of the best ways to incorporate this theme into your reception.
- Names of bands, songs, albums and instruments can provide you with great inspiration for your wedding table names, so don’t be afraid to get creative about it –especially if you are both the kind who enjoy listening to (or even playing) music.
- Personal touchy photographs. If you want to add a sentimental touch to your wedding, this is the perfect way to do it. Photos of your parents getting married, of you turning 18 or graduating, the first photo you have taken with your fiancé – all these moments are beautiful and emotional and photos of them can make for great table names.
For a wedding as unique and beautiful as your own love story, come visit Black Horse Inn. Our historical venue and the stunning natural setting surrounding it will definitely make for an unforgettable wedding day!