Your wedding should be a very special day for you. Like every bride-to-be (or groom-to-be, for that matter), you want this day to be perfect from all points of view. But maybe even more than perfection, you aim at making this day reflect who you are and what the beautiful story behind your love is.
Generally, people don’t think too much about how they decorate the wedding ceremony and they focus more on the reception proper. However, you should know that there are many ways in which you can personalize your ceremony as well. Here are our favorite 10 ones:
- Time travelling. Before the ceremony, write a letter to your spouse-to-be (and have him/her do the same). Place the letters in a bottle you will open many years from now, at your 5-year or 10-year anniversary.
- Flowers. Pick flowers that really speak about your personality and don’t be afraid to be creative when it comes to the arrangements.
- Backdrop. The backdrop of your wedding ceremony doesn’t have to be simplistic. Again, using your imagination can really go a long way when it comes to this.
- Your bridesmaids’ bouquets. You don’t have to go for the traditional bouquets for your bridesmaids. Have them hold candles, silk fans or fancy clutch purses and you’ll add a splash of originality to the ceremony.
- The aisle. The red aisle is, of course, quite classic. But if you want something special, go for an aisle made out of flowers or for one that comes in one of your favorite colors.
- The chairs. Decorate the chairs nicely and make sure you sprinkle everything with a bit of your own personality.
- The chair arrangement. If you want your ceremony to feel more intimate, arrange the chairs in a circle surrounding you and your spouse-to-be.
- Programs. Choose programs that are beautifully designed and make sure to personalize them as much as possible.
- Ceremony favors. There’s nothing that should stop you from offering your guests some tokens of gratitude before the ceremony as well. Sunglasses, silk fans, personalized water bottles – all these things work especially well with outdoor summer weddings.
- Drinks. You can also serve your guests with some drinks before the ceremony too. You can go for alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks – that’s entirely up to you. But if you want to make everything really unique, do make sure you choose some delicious signature drinks to impress your guests from the very beginning of the ceremony!
Black Horse Inn can provide you with a superb wedding ceremony site that’s easy to personalize – and even easier to fall in love with! Come visit us and convince yourself!
Photo source: flickr.com/charkesw