The date you choose for your wedding is a very important decision because it will influence a wide range of wedding-related issues. If you are considering the option of having a holiday wedding, make sure you thoroughly think about this and whether or not it actually is a good choice for you.
What are the advantages and the disadvantages of having a holiday wedding? What are the main things you should think of when it comes to this? Read on and find out more.
- Before you settle the date of your wedding on a big holiday (such as New Year’s Eve), make sure you consider both your budget and your guests’ budget too. Truthfully, prices do tend to be higher during very important holidays and this might put a strain on your budget (and on your guests’ too).
- Furthermore, do take into consideration the fact that it might be more difficult to find a wedding officiant as well. Even more than that, think of the fact that your guests may actually want to spend certain holidays at home, with their families – and this means that some of them may not attend the wedding (or, if they do, they might not be extremely happy about it).
- On the other hand, if you are hosting your wedding at a location most of your guests would already travel to during the holidays, they will most likely find it a great idea that you are planning your wedding around that date.
- Last, but not least, it is also important to note that official holidays that fall on Monday or Friday are a very good option from all points of view. Three-day weekends will allow you to host your wedding on Sunday – which is less expensive from all points of view and it will still be surrounded by that special fragrance holidays bring with them too.
Black Horse Inn would be more than delighted to be your wedding venue choice! With many years of experience in doing this and with a genuine passion for amazing love stories, we will make for a wonderful option for your Big Day. Contact us, come visit us and we guarantee you will not regret it!
Wedding vows are more than just words – they are the very foundation upon which you will want to build your marriage once the wedding is over. Thus, choosing to write your own wedding vows is a natural decision for a lot of couples.
How do you do this? How do you write your own wedding vows? We have gathered some of the best tips when it comes to this so make sure to read on if you want to find out more.
- Don’t be afraid to write what you feel. Yes, a white sheet of paper can be intimidating indeed. But you should not be afraid of it. Sit down, think of the person you love and write the first thoughts that come to your head. Write for 5-10 minutes and read what you have written. Clean it up by using and polishing the ideas you like and by getting rid of those you don’t.
- Take inspiration from religious wedding vows. Even if you don’t plan on having a religious ceremony, you can still take inspiration from the traditional religious wedding vows. They will give you a “blue print” for your own personalized wedding vows too.
- Take inspiration from books and movies. Do you have a favorite book? A favorite love poem? Or maybe a favorite movie that touched your heart in a special way? Don’t be afraid to use them as inspiration. In fact, you can even use quotes from them if you feel that they would reveal what you feel for the person you are about to get married to.
Black Horse Inn is one of the most beautiful and well-known wedding venues in Virginia. Come take a look at our cozy, elegant inn and book us for the Big Day! Both you and your guests will feel amazing while here!
Your wedding day will be stressful enough as it is – and the last thing you need to worry about is that you forgot something at home. Why is it that you should carefully pack for your wedding day and what to include in your wedding day “survival kit”? Read on and find out more.
- You need to be very careful when packing for the wedding day. Although you will not need a full luggage of items (aside from the honeymoon luggage, of course), there are things you should definitely not forget at home. Packing your survival kit as soon as possible and as carefully as possible will allow you to feel a bit more stress-free on the Big Day, knowing that you have everything you need with you.
- The marriage license. If you want to make everything “official”, you will really need to make sure you pack your marriage license with you. After all, this is the legal document that attests the fact that you and your special someone are legally “approved” to become husband and wife.
- The dress kit. Although you will definitely not want anything bad to happen to your dress, you should make sure to pack a dress “repair” kit with you. A beautiful brooch, chalk, scissors, needle, thread, safety pins, buttons stain removers, white duct tape, a lighter – these are some of the most important things to include in your kit. Furthermore, don’t forget to pack another pair of undergarments with you, some clear nail polish, hair spray, bobby pins, hair bands and makeup products and makeup removal products as well.
- The hygiene/medical kit. To make sure you stay fresh throughout the day and to make sure you avoid health-related issues, pack the following items: some pain relievers, deodorant, towelettes, allergy medicine, tampons, panty liners, blotting papers, tissues, baby powder and something that will prevent blisters too.
Black Horse Inn is one of the most wonderful historic venues in Virginia. Contact us, visit us and book us for the Big Day! You will definitely fall in love with us once you take a look at our inn!
Black Horse Inn is more than happy to announce that we have been mentioned in an amazing article featured by the Bed and Breakfast Magazine. The article, Civil war inns: History in the making , tells the beautiful story behind our venue. We are more than thankful for those who thought of us when creating this great list of historic inns!
As you may know it, Black Horse Inn got its name from the famous Black Horse Cavalry, which won the First Battle of Manassas and the praise of the Confederate President, Jefferson Davis. These days, our inn welcomes its guest in a plantation-style mansion of a high elegance and beauty.
Come visit us at Black Horse Inn as well! Come stay for a night or plan your wedding or event with us! There’s absolutely no way not to love what we can offer!
Picking the right type of wedding centerpieces is very important if you want to make sure that your wedding reception tables look really beautiful. However, with the thousand-and-one options available out there, you might find it rather difficult to choose something. What are the most stylish wedding centerpieces this year? Here are some ideas you could make use of:
- Oversized bouquets. Tall, rich, opulent centerpieces are still very much popular this year – and we can definitely understand why that is so. They look elegant and really beautiful and they work with a number of wedding themes as well!
- Mismatched centerpieces. If you want to add a dash of style and uniqueness to your tables, forget about monochromatic centerpieces that all look the same. Pick 2-3 colors and types of flowers and group them into separate centerpieces with vases of the same color, but of a different height and design. Make sure the colors do look good with each other though because this will help you pull everything together in terms of décor.
- This year, anemones are the “it” flower for wedding centerpieces. Gentle, a bit “wild” and a bit unconventional, anemones look gorgeous both with very elegant weddings and with barn/rustic weddings too. Plus, they come in a large variety of colors, so you will surely find one that suits your wedding color scheme.
- Non-polished. Again, if you want to be a bit unconventional when it comes to your flower centerpieces, you can always opt for a non-polished look. Wildflowers look excellent this way, but, in the end, you can choose whatever flowers you like the most and ask your florist to create a more “natural” look for your wedding centerpieces.
Black Horse Inn looks really beautiful no matter what type of centerpieces you may choose! Come pay us a visit, take a look around and book us for an unforgettable wedding day!
Once your wedding is long gone, what you will be left with are beautiful memories. Wedding photos have the amazing power to keep your memories alive for the decades to come – so you will definitely want your wedding photo album to turn out perfectly.
Aside from hiring an excellent photographer, this also means that you will have to make sure that he/she takes the type of photos you want and that he/she shoots them in the right place as well. Where should you have your wedding photos taken, more exactly? Here are some tips to help you out:
- The best way to create a beautiful wedding photo album is by making sure that the pictures are shot in a variety of places: indoors, outdoors, your “getting ready” room, the ceremony site (be it a church or a gorgeously manicured garden), and so on.
- Outdoor photos are great especially for the portrait, couple and group photos – such as those with your bridesmaids, groomsmen and parents. Even more than that, don’t be afraid to have your photos shot in more unconventional spots (such as a natural park nearby, a hippodrome, a river and so on). However, if you or your photographer feel that the weather or the sunlight are not perfect for this, indoor photos can look just as beautiful.
- Don’t forget to ask your photographer to shoot nighttime photos if you plan on having a wedding that will extend into night. These photos will look really romantic and the “darkness” around you will add a lot to them.
- Even more, if the weather is not as nice as you hoped it would be, you can definitely take advantage of this. Rainy day photos are very popular and very romantic these days – so why not shoot at least a couple few for your album too?
Here at Black Horse Inn, we will provide you with a marvelous “backdrop” for your wedding pictures. Surrounded by the natural beauties of Northern Virginia and located in a perfectly “groomed” spot, our venue makes for unforgettable weddings – and for stunning photos too!
If you are searching for a wedding venue in Warrenton, VA, Black Horse Inn could be the one. Our venue is more than suitable for gorgeous weddings that are simply unforgettable and there are many, many reasons why you should choose us over any other venue out there. Here are some of the most popular reasons for which people come to us:
- The inn itself is filled with wonderful history and it will provide you with that timeless appeal that looks so great when it comes to weddings. Named after the Black Horse Cavalry which was created in 1858 (and which was praised by the Confederate President Jefferson Davis), our inn was built at the middle of the 1850s. A part of it was added in the 1900s to perfectly complement the architecture and the general atmosphere of the inn.
- Black Horse Inn has 10 rooms, each renovated according to the latest standards. All of the rooms have private baths and many of them have Jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces and beautiful four-poster canopy beds as well. Furthermore, Black Horse Inn also accommodates horses for overnight visits too.
- Our inn makes for the perfect wedding venue. With a gazebo and a wedding facility that are gorgeously embraced by the beauties of nature, Black Horse Inn will provide you with the ideal “backdrop” for your wedding photography. Even more, the location of the venue (less than 1 hour from Washington D.C.) makes it perfect for destination weddings.
- To make everything easier for you, we can also arrange catering services for your wedding. We will carefully select our providers according to your needs and we can arrange anything ranging from formal dinners to country buffets.
If you want to visit Black Horse Inn, do not hesitate to give us a call. Like many couples before you, we guarantee that you will be enchanted by the great abundance of unaltered nature and wildlife in the area – and by our stunning venue as well. Contact us and find out more about our services!
Planning for the Big Day will surely take a lot of your time – but don’t forget to think of the things you have to handle once the Big Day is over too! Here are some of the most important things that should definitely make it on your post-wedding “to do” list:
- Get your wedding dress to a cleaning and preservation specialist. You paid a lot of money on this dress and, years from now, it will most likely be one of your most treasured wedding souvenirs. Make sure it is preserved in a way that does not affect it in any way if you want it to look just as gorgeous decades from now! Who knows? Maybe one day, your own daughter will want to wear it on her Big Day!
- Send the Thank You notes. Your guests have come a long way to be there for you on such an important day in your life. Thus, sending them Thank You notes is not so much related to “etiquette rules”, but to common sense and to being genuinely thankful that you have such amazing friends and family.
- Decide what to do with your wedding décor. Chances are that you have a lot of “leftovers” from your wedding décor. If you cannot find a way to work them into your own home décor, make sure you find a solution to get rid of them. Selling them (online or at a yard sale), giving them away, donating them or simply tossing them away will all be much better options that simply allowing them to get “dusty” in your guest bedroom.
- Change your name. If you have decided to take your spouse’s name, start filling out the paperwork. The process itself can take some time, so make sure to do this sooner, rather than later.
- Review your vendors. They worked hard for your wedding day and, same as your guests, they deserve your appreciation. Remember to leave them with a great review and to thank them for their service!
Black Horse Inn can help you host marvelous wedding day nobody will ever forget! Come visit our beautiful venue and take a look around – there’s no way not to fall in love with what we can offer!
The fake wedding cake trend has caught on very fast – and these days, more and more couples choose to follow the trend as well. What is it about the fake wedding cake trend people love so much and why would you choose to follow it too? Here are some of the most important things to know about it:
- Basically, this kind of cakes look like “real” cakes but are made out of polystyrene foam and covered in real cake icing and/or fondant. A real wedding cake’s price starts at $1,500 in many cases, while a fake one can end up costing as low as $500. Therefore, a fake wedding cake can save you a lot of money, so you might want to consider it especially if you are running on a tighter budget.
- The outside of the cake can be customized according to your wishes – just as it would be with a real cake. By opting for a fake cake, you can have a marvelous piece of décor for your wedding reception without spending a fortune on it.
- By choosing a fake wedding cake, you don’t have to miss out on the “Cutting of the Cake” moment at your wedding reception. For instance, you could have the top tier of your cake be made out of “real”, edible ingredients so that you can cut it with your spouse in front of the guests. You can also have a pre-sliced fake cake too and you can pretend that you actually cut it out.
- Your guests will not be left without desert though. You can buy a less expensive and ornate cake and ask your waiters to serve the guests with a slice after the “Cutting of the Cake”.
By saving money on your cake, you can allow yourself to splurge on other wedding items – such as your venue, for example. And if that’s precisely what you are searching for, do not hesitate to come visit Black Horse Inn because you will surely fall in love with our venue!
If you are like the vast majority of the couples getting married, you probably do not have unlimited sums of money at your disposal. And yet, this is not something to stop you from having an unforgettable wedding day.
Creating a wedding budget is absolutely crucial if you want to make sure you don’t spend more than you can afford – and if you want to make sure you still get the wedding of your dreams too. Here are some tips to help you create a wedding budget that truly suits your particular situation:
- Sit down and talk. Rule out the things you don’t actually need or do not really want for your wedding. Decide on the things you can be “skimpy” with. Decide on the things you don’t want to make any kind of compromise on. Be honest about everything and find “half-way” solutions that work for both of you.
- Talk about who pays too. Traditionally, the family of the bride pays for (most of) the wedding. However, these days it has become more than acceptable to split the cost between the two families or even to allow the couple to support everything on your own. Make sure you decide on what’s best for everyone.
- Be very particular about how much you can afford spending. Take into consideration the total price of the wedding, as well as how much you can spend on each of the wedding vendors too. Also, don’t forget to take into consideration the fact that gratuities are not always included in the contracts you sign with the wedding vendors – and this means that you will have to include them in your wedding budget too.
Your venue is one of the most important parts of the wedding – so make sure you pick yours as soon as you have a guest list draft for your Big Day. Come visit Black Horse Inn and we guarantee you’ll love what we can offer: a historical venue surrounded by beautiful nature, exquisite service and the perfect “background” for a day everyone will remember decades from now!