Your wedding is yours –and nobody should tell you how to plan it. Yet, as the hosts of the Big Day, you will definitely want to make sure your guests are having a great time. What are some of the things they secretly want at your wedding, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Be very clear about the dress code. You can keep it classy on the invitations, but we highly advise you to create a wedding website where you share more information with your guests. This is the perfect place to “de-code” the dress code. Explain very clearly what your dress code is, so that guests can dress accordingly – it would be a pity if they didn’t feel great at your wedding because they are over or underdressed.
- Serving late-night snacks. Everyone loves a doughnuts, a scrumptious burger, or a delicious serving of mac’n’cheese. Spice up your wedding menu by serving these treats later in the day, so that they energize the guests (and help them spend more time partying). We guarantee they’ll love this!
- Not playing matchmaker. You may think it’s a great idea to put together all the singles, especially if you have some “potential couples” in mind. In reality though, these things just make people feel awkward – and not just the ones “targeted” by Cupid, but also everyone around them. Let things flow naturally, it will be much better for everyone present!
Looking for a splendid wedding venue that brings together old-school charm and modern benefits? Come visit Black Horse Inn. Our beautiful venue will provide you with a wonderful historical space for you and your guests to have a good time for the Big Day. You will all love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ slightly everything
The engagement ring is more than just a piece of jewelry – or even a gift. It is a true commitment to your loved one – and a powerful symbol of your love story too. Of course, you will want the engagement ring to be really special and representative for your special lady and who she is. But how do you make the right choice?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- First and foremost, step outside the boundaries of tradition. A white diamond ring is perfectly OK if that’s what your lady is all about and if she enjoys classic elegance more than anything. If she is more modern though, she might be happier with a more special ring design. It’s all about what she loves, in the end – so keep an eye on her favorite pieces of jewelry to see what she likes most.
- The good news is that you have so many options to choose from! Pick a stunning colorful gemstone or a heart-shaped one, a very delicate small ring or one that makes a statement wherever it “goes”. There’s something for every type of lady and style, really.
- Not sure what precious metal to choose for the ring? Traditionally, engagement rings are made with white gold or platinum – but everything goes these days, really. Yellow gold, rose gold, silver, black gold – you name it and there will surely be options (or at least a jeweler to custom-make a ring for you).
Looking for the most fantastic wedding venue in all of Virginia? If she said “Yes”, come celebrate your loves story at Black Horse Inn. Contact us, learn more about our offer and allow us to be part of the Big Day. Our venue is ready for you and your guests!
Photo source: flickr.com/ magerleagues
Your love story is so sweet that it can naturally warm up any kind of space – so it is only normal that you want your wedding cake to be just as fantastic, sweet and unforgettable as your love story is. What are some of the very best winter wedding cake ideas to help you end your wedding with a bang? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Buttercream and winter fruit. Imagine a stunning white cake covered in delicious buttercream frosting and decorated with grapes, figs, and other wintertime fruit. Oh, how amazing it will look, and how memorable it will taste!
- Blueberry blue cake. Want to add a pop of color to your winter wedding? Ask your pastry chef to create a tasty blueberry and chocolate cake, then cover it in blue fondant. Your guests will love the idea!
- Buttercream and fresh flowers. As you may very well know it, fresh flowers have been a huge trend in the wedding cake design world. Adorn your buttercream tiered cake with a wreath made out of winter flowers. It will perfectly complement your winter wedding!
- Wood-patterned frosting. Tying the knot on the mountainside? What could be more suitable for such a wedding, other than a cake covered in a washed-out wood pattern? Downright artistic and definitely unique, this cake will steal your heart away.
- NYE-themed cake. Take your favorite cake flavors and cover them in a fondant painted to depict the beauty, glitz, and playfulness of a New Year’s Eve party. If you plan on getting married on the night between the years, this will be a really amazing option!
Looking for a fantastic wedding venue in Virginia? Black Horse Inn has everything you want and need for your Big Day. Come visit us, learn more about our wedding packages, and book us for your special event!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Rubber Slippers In Italy
Planning a wedding is no child’s play – and that’s something everyone can attest to. From the colors you will use on your wedding day, to the wonderful wedding gown you will wear, and the music that will play as you walk down the aisle, every single element of this special event has to be flawless.
…And it all starts with choosing the right wedding date. Is a New Year’s Eve wedding a genuinely good idea? Or would it be much better if you set your date on another day? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- First and foremost, it is always important to remember you are the only one who has the right to make any kind of decisions related to your Big Day. This is your special moment, your time to shine – and nobody else, aside from you and your loved one, has the right to tell you what to do.
- As to whether or not a NYE wedding is a good idea, it all depends on how you look at it. On the one hand, New Year’s Eve weddings are really romantic and unforgettable – and they “double” the festive mood with their theme.
- On the other hand, there are certain aspects of a NYE wedding you should definitely consider before making any plans. For example, you should expect to encounter higher venue and vendor prices during this time of the year. Likewise, you might want to expect quite a few negative RSVPs as well – especially since a lot of people have already made plans for this holiday and they will not be able to cancel them in due time.
Looking for a romantic wedding venue for your special day? We have the perfect solution for you – Black Horse Inn, a superb historical venue in Virginia. Contact us, come visit us, and book us for an unforgettable Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ MattRichmond
Maybe surprisingly for many of you, wreaths can really create a wonderful atmosphere during the Big Day. Not only can they be used for a Christmas-themed wedding, but they can beautify and refresh any other wedding theme as well.
How to incorporate wreaths into your wedding? We have some wonderfully creative ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
- During the wedding ceremony, as a backdrop. Want to create a unique, personal and truly beautiful backdrop for your ceremony altar? An oversized wreath can go a really long way in adding a dab of color, freshness and simple elegance to your entire ceremony.
- During the wedding reception, as table décor. You can even use wreaths as table décor! For example, you can use a wreath on each table, as centerpiece. This is a very easy, but special way of adding a bit of naturalness to a rustic wedding, shabby chic or simply off-the-beat wedding. Furthermore, you can even use wreaths for the plate placement décor (e.g. mini-wreaths placed on top of the napkin will make everything look cuter, more personal, and more well-tied together as well).
- As the entire wedding theme. Why not use wreaths as your entire wedding theme? From your flower girl’s and bridesmaids’ hair accessories to the pre- and day-of stationery, everything can be gorgeously embellished with wreaths – be them simple and green, or intricately floral and sweet. Picking this wedding theme will be highly appreciated by everyone at your wedding!
Looking for a marvelous wedding venue in Virginia? You should definitely come and check out what Black Horse Inn has to offer. Surrounded by the marvels of Mother Nature and the stunning landscape of Virginia, our historical wedding venue is here to provide you with an elegant, exquisite space for the most stunning day of your entire life.
Photo source: flickr.com/ Bellafaye Garden
Winter weddings can be classy, elegant and absolutely unforgettable – and if you have your heart set on a chilly weather event, you will definitely love the following ideas. Read on and inspire yourself!
- Choose a very toned down palette. Don’t go over the top with the brightness of the colors, but don’t settle for anything dull either. Find the perfect balance between the two. Also, make sure your designs and your motifs are modern and fresh – they will look splendid on a toned down color scheme!
- Place trays of cookies. Make it feel cozy and welcoming by serving guests with trays filled with pretty cookies. We all love to indulge in sweet treats, and when they look cute, they are really irresistible!
- Use luxurious textures. Silk, fur, and other luxurious textures and fabrics tend to be associated with the chilly season –precisely because they can offer a truly cozy feeling.
- Layer multiple textures and colors. Just because the season outside is colder, it doesn’t mean you are confined to boring green-and-red or all-white palettes. Pick a couple of colors and play with them! Layer multiple textures and different shades of those colors to create a genuinely stylish effect.
- Self-serving cocktail bars. Planning to serve a signature cocktail? Make your guests feel at home by serving them your signature cocktail from a self-serving bar. This is absolutely perfect for just about any type of wedding, but it tends to work best with a more casual atmosphere!
Still searching for the right wedding venue? You haven’t seen Black Horse Inn yet, then! Our splendid historical wedding venue is absolutely perfect for you if you want to have an elegant, timeless and nature-inspired wedding in Virginia. Contact us, come visit us and book us for your Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Corey Ann
The New Year is almost here – and if you plan on getting married in 2017, you will definitely love looking at the freshest bridal beauty trends. What are they? What are the beauty tendencies that will dominate the 2017 wedding stage? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- The classic red lip. Planning to look like a gorgeous vintage diva? The classic red lip makeup is just perfect for that! This year, red lipsticks receive an orange tint and the eyeliner is thinner than ever before, so be sure you get these two basic elements. Moreover, remember that highlighting your skin will help you achieve that “natural glow” effect that looks so great with the classic red lips!
- The boho-chic. If you are the kind of girl who loves nature and boho-chic fashion, we’ve got some great news for you – the boho-chic bridal style is not going out of fashion. This time, flower crowns are receiving an upgrade with small pearls and gemstones inspired by the “mermaid crowns” that were popular in 2016. And if you want to be truly glamorous, you can always adorn your hair with a flower crown made exclusively out of precious metals and gemstones.
- The pink eyelids. Pink eye shadow is a seemingly recurrent on multiple fashion shows – so, if you are searching for a suave, girly “touch”, this will be perfect for you. Keep the rest of the makeup as natural as possible and remember to take your eye drops with you – it is really important to make sure there’s no redness in your eyes!
Black Horse Inn is a superb historical venue in Virginia – so if this is what you want for your wedding, make sure you visit us as soon as possible. Contact us, learn more about our services, and book us for the Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ MakeupByDenise
Your wedding is going to be a pretty hectic day – in between the tears, the emotion, the nervousness and the small incidents, you will also want to make sure you make a little bit of time for every single guest at your wedding.
How to make sure that happens? How to make time for all of your wedding guests? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Forget about the receiving line. Not only is it dated and too stiff for a modern wedding, but it can also be a really awful mood-killer for many of your guests. As they stand in line, waiting to be greeted, your guests can very easily lose their appetite for partying – and that’s the last thing you want before your wedding reception.
- Instead, make some time to stop at each table or cluster of tables to say hello and thank everyone for their presence there. Take short pauses in between the groups of tables to eat, dance and enjoy the first wedding reception highlights – then, go back to the next table in “line”.
- Last, but not least, accommodate yourself with the idea that you might not be able to eat an entire meal. Either ask your caterer to prepare an early dinner for your cocktail hour, or ask them to pack it up for you so that you can enjoy it when you are finally relaxed, at the end of the day. Another option is that of skipping the first course and jumping right to the second one.
Looking for a beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at the splendid historical venue we have put at your disposal! You will LOVE it here, that’s for sure!
Photo source: flickr.com/ balleyne
Your wedding should be gorgeous from all points of view. The flowers, the table linens, the music in the background- they have to perfectly and smoothly blend into one another to create the perfect atmosphere for the most important day of your entire life. Of course, your wedding lighting plays a huge role in creating the right ambiance – but how to choose it? What are the secrets to beautiful wedding lighting?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- A very large venue. While large venues are great for accommodating more guests in a comfortable way, they can also feel empty and cold if they are not properly decorated. The best way to create a sense of intimacy here is by layering different types of lighting (and maybe even playing in some bolder colors too). DO make sure not to point the lights towards the guests’ faces – more than often, this type of lighting is highly unflattering for just about anyone and you definitely don’t want that for your guests.
- An industrial space. These types of venues have their own charm, but they also have very specific requirements. The best way to light up an industrial space is by using amber-colored lighting (either through amber-colored LEDs or through candles). This will make everything softer and more welcoming for the guests.
- A historical building. Planning your wedding at a historical venue (or a venue that has very beautiful intricate architecture)? Make sure it will be superbly lit up during the evening as well! Hire someone to add architectural lighting to the venue and it will look absolutely breath-taking!
Still searching for a truly beautiful wedding venue? Come and see what Black Horse Inn can offer! Come and see what our venue is all about and book us for a magical wedding day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ xubangwen
Selecting a beautiful wedding dress, a flattering makeup and hairstyle and a bunch of gorgeous accessories are all important parts of planning the most stunning bridal look your guests have ever seen. However, it is very important to remember your footwear is highly crucial too – not only for the sake of your look, but for the sake of your comfort too.
Why would you wear flats on your wedding day? We have some of the most popular reasons to convince you – so read on and find out more.
- You are simply not good on high heels. It happens, ladies – and it is perfectly OK. Rather than risk tripping over something (and probably making a huge mess out of your dress), it is far better to wear a pair of shoes you actually feel safe in.
- You really want to dance. It’s your wedding day, so it’s only natural that you want to have fun and dance. Unfortunately though, heels are rarely comfortable in this kind of situation – and almost never for more than one or two dances. A pair of flats is a truly great idea if you want to stick to your wedding dance floor all night long.
- You are having an outdoor wedding. Outdoor weddings are completely unsuitable for heels, as they can very easily get stuck in the earth beneath you. Stay safe and comfortable by wearing a pair of flats instead – and encourage your bridesmaids and guests to do the same too!
Searching for a splendid Virginian wedding venue? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow yourself to be infused with history and elegance. Come visit us and take a look at the gorgeous wedding venue we offer here in Virginia. You will LOVE what we have in store for you!
Photo source: flickr.com/ A Little Contrast Photography