Truth be told, there’s no other flower more romantic or elegant than the classic rose – and the good news is that you can actually incorporate it in your bridal bouquet in a number of ways.
What are some of the prettiest rose bouquet ideas? We have gathered 10 of the top ones right below – so read on if you need a dash of inspiration.
- Mauve roses and a lot of greenery. Feminine and suave, this combination is ideal for an unconventional bride who still loves the classic touches of romanticism.
- Roses and peonies. It really cannot get more heartfelt and romantic than this! So much beauty and elegance in one bouquet!
- Dessert sunset shades. If you want a rose bouquet that stands out in uniqueness, ask your florist to create one from roses in the colors of a dessert sunset. Ideal for a warm summer day!
- Cream and taupe. Planning a mountainside wedding? The best kind of rose bouquet to carry in this majestic environment is one that brings cream and taupe together. Splendid combination!
- Pink and white. A real classic combination that brings out femininity and grace in a truly stunning way. Add protea and some greenery into the mix and the bouquet will look breathtaking!
- Pink, white and red. Garden roses are gorgeous precisely because they are wild and untamed – so combine pink and white varieties with red charm peonies and create a bridal bouquet that’s ideal for a country-chic wedding!
- White and cream. Want to look really elegant and timeless? There’s nothing quite like a white and cream bouquet of roses to achieve that.
- Peach, blush and anemones. Peach roses, blush peonies and pretty anemones look stunning and luxurious when brought together. Plus, they make for a unique bouquet everyone will absolutely love!
- Red and pink. Classic romanticism at its finest! A bouquet that incorporates red and pink roses will look so timeless, so romantic, and so beautiful!
- Dark and original. Mauve, blush, yellow, and grey roses will create a bouquet that’s filled with mystery and style – this combination will surely wow your guests!
Looking for a wedding venue where natural beauty abounds and elegance feels “at home”? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at what we offer for our brides and grooms. You will definitely love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ apdk
Your wedding is a splendid moment in your life – and it deserves to be celebrated with all the flowers in the world. What happens when you’re not particularly keen on sticking to the traditional bouquet only? Well, you have a lot of other wonderful ideas to incorporate in your Big Day – so read on if you want to see some of the very best ways to wear flowers in your wedding.
- In your hair. Although flower crowns are still highly appreciated, you might want to skip them for your own wedding and choose something more unique – such as an arrangement of your favorite blooms “woven” into your hairstyle. It will look so fresh and beautiful!
- As jewelry. Flowers are Mother Nature’s most precious pieces of jewelry – so why not transform them into actual accessories? Wear a statement necklace made with large and small blooms to make your outfit pop with joy and style, wear a flower-made anklet to bring back the 90s in the most adorable way there is, or wear a wedding belt/sash made out of flowers to accentuate your waist and add a pop of color to your dress. Regardless of what you choose, it will look splendid!
- With your wedding veil. Wearing a veil on the Big Day? You should definitely incorporate some flowers in it. Not only will this look ultra-feminine and sweet, but it will also be a great way to add some of your own personality into the most iconic wedding dress accessory of all time. Superb idea!
Looking for an elegant wedding venue in Virginia? Have you seen Black Horse Inn? Beautiful, full of history and grace, and always happy to be part of couple’s love stories, we are here to help you have the wedding you have always wanted. Contact us right now and find out more about our offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ carlosmontesdeocahairandmakeupstudio
Planning a wedding has never been (and will never be) an easy task. Of course, you may not be able to do everything perfectly from the very beginning – and the best way to make sure you plan a great wedding is by learning from other people’s mistakes.
What are some of the most common planning and budget mistakes to avoid? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Trying to pull an all-DIY wedding. They may look pretty on Pinterest – but the harsh truth is that DIY weddings are far from cheap (and, on top of that, they are very time-consuming too). If you want to add a dash of personality and uniqueness, you can create one or two elements yourself – other than that, you will be best from all points of view if you allow specialists to help you.
- Buying your dress online. If you are thinking of saving money by buying your wedding gown online, think again. Chances are you won’t find the right size (not even in a reputable online store) – and, even worse, there’s a fairly good chance your real-life dress will not even look like the pictures.
- Not saving the money for a makeup artist. We all do our makeup on our own, on a daily basis. However, you will be extremely anxious on your wedding day – so it is far better to hire a professional for your makeup. It will be worth every single cent!
Black Horse Inn is a wedding venue that values love, beauty, tradition, and the amazingness of Mother Nature. If you are searching for the perfect wedding spot in Virginia, come visit us and take a look at what we can offer – we guarantee you will love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ leigh49137
Spring weddings are very popular with a wide range of couples – and while they definitely show plenty of advantages, it is very important to be prepared for the less attractive parts of planning a spring wedding too.
How to do that? Here are some basic tips to remember:
- First of all, understand that spring weather tends to be more twisted and unpredictable than any other time of the year. Therefore, it is absolutely mandatory to have a plan B prepared if you want to have an outdoor wedding.
- Furthermore, it is also important to remember your guests should stay comfortable throughout the entire wedding – including during the evening when temperatures will most likely drop quite a lot. Spreading out some heat lamps can really help them stay warm and happy.
- Also, it would be a good idea to provide everyone with insect repellents too – especially since spring is the season mosquitoes and other annoying insects come back to life. If you want to use something more natural, light some citronella-based candles.
- Last, but not least, be very careful with your wedding dress, especially if you want to spend a bit of time on the outdoors. Because of the constantly changing weather, you will most likely have to dodge puddles and mud – so it’s better to assign a bridesmaid with the task of keeping an eye on your dress when you’re out of the venue.
If you want to get married in one of the most famous and beautiful places in Virginia, come visit Black Horse Inn and we guarantee you will love every inch of our venue. Beautiful, full of history, and always elegant, our timeless wedding venue is here to make your wedding a truly dreamy one!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Đạt Quắt Smile
Social media is a very big part of everyone’s lives these days – so it is perfectly understandable if you will want to make sure your wedding-related social media posts are compatible with modern wedding etiquette. What are some of the very best social media rules brides & grooms will want to follow? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- First and foremost, don’t share everything on the social media. Remember you have people in your lists with whom you haven’t spoken in years, or even decades – and you will most likely not invite them to the weeding so why put extra pressure on yourself?
- Furthermore, keep in mind that there may be people who will be upset you are not inviting them at your wedding – so sharing Big Day news on the social media for them to see may not be a good idea. Try to customize who’s seeing your posts, so that you have more control over this kind of unpleasant situations.
- Talk to your fiancé. What is their take on what should and shouldn’t go on the social media? After all, this is their wedding just as much as it is yours, so it is important that they feel happy with everything connected to it.
- Don’t share too much information. You want to surprise your guests on the Big Day – but sharing every tiny wedding planning detail on the social media will ruin the surprise for them.
- Don’t share anything negative. Of course, wedding planning is going to be quite difficult – but there’s no need to share your frustration and anger on the social media.
If you are still searching for a romantic wedding venue in Virginia, come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at the superb place we offer. You will absolutely love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ 1000heads
Getting engaged is one of the happiest and most wonderful moments in your life – but as soon as you make it public, you might be stormed by a variety of questions you simply don’t have an answer for yet. How to handle all of them? How to answer the wedding-related questions when you haven’t got a clue of what step to take next?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- The simplest way to answer all wedding-related questions right after the engagement is by telling people the truth: you haven’t decided on anything just yet. Most of them will understand that you have just put that ring on your finger and are still trying to figure out what you want for your wedding.
- If anyone tries to push even more questions on you, mention that you don’t want to take any decisions yet, as you want your families to discuss things first. This is a vague answer, but it is simple and easy to understand enough.
- If, however, this strategy doesn’t yield any results, turn the question towards the person who asked it in the first place. Most people love talking about them, so asking them what they did for their wedding and asking for their advice will most likely take you from the spotlight and put them in the center of attention. Not only will you politely decline their question, but also “steal” from some of their ideas too!
Looking for a splendid wedding venue in Virginia? You should definitely come and see Black Horse Inn. Beautiful, elegant, and absolutely timeless, our wedding venue is here to ensure your wedding day is a gorgeous, as magical, and as full of romance as you have always wanted it to be!
Photo source: flickr.com/ numfoto
If you are like most brides-to-be, you want your perfect wedding – but you also know there’s a lot of stress and hard-work involved in planning such a huge, unique event. How to do it? Here are some of the best wedding planning tips to remember:
- You need a plan. Going to battle without a plan can be downright destructive – so make sure you create a plan you can actually follow through. See where you want to be every month of the planning process and always ensure you are up-to-date with what you originally strategized.
- You need a budget. Money matters can be stingy – but they are something that really needs to be discussed. Talk to your fiancé and see how much money you have, who pays for the wedding elements, and how you can make it happen according to your budget.
- Do NOT do everything on your own. It might be tempting to try and do everything on your own to make sure it’s exactly as you want it – but there are a lot of tasks that can be easily delegated to trustworthy people in your entourage. Do that! It will help you ease off the stress and it will make your friends and family feel useful.
- Don’t forget to relax. Yes, wedding planning can take a lot of your spare time – but that doesn’t mean you have to be absolutely hectic until you reach your wedding date. Take some time off, every now and again, and simply relax. It can make you feel so much better!
Looking for a fabulous wedding venue in Virginia? You should come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer – you will love it here from the very first second!
Photo source: flickr.com/ luca.sartoni
Your wedding ceremony is a completely unique moment in your life – so you will definitely want your closest friends and relatives to be there and assist this magical event. How to designate reserved seats at your ceremony? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- One of the most classic ways to reserve seats in the front row at a wedding? Cover the reserved chairs with ribbons – this way, the other guests will know that the seats are taken and that they belong to the wedding party and immediate family.
- Fragrant sprigs of lavender. If you are planning a summer wedding, lavender will be a truly amazing choice. Use a sprig of lavender and a small, pretty-looking note on each of the reserved seats to let people know who is to be seated there.
- Chalkboard signs. They’ve been hugely popular with a wide range of wedding themes – so why wouldn’t you use them as well? Place chalkboard signs at the beginning of the reserved rows, so that guests know the seats are taken. If you want to make this even cuter and romantic, invest in small clip-on, heart-shaped chalkboard signs and clip them to each of the reserved chair, with the names of the guests they are assigned to written on them.
- A wooden sign. Simple, beautiful and truly perfect for an outdoor or country-chic wedding, a wooden sign with a calligraphic “Reserved” on it can look really amazing. Just give this a thought, you will love it!
Black Horse Inn is a beautifully elegant wedding venue in Virginia – so if you want your wedding in the area, and if you want to make sure everything looks really great, come visit us as soon as possible. You will want to book us right away!
Photo source: flickr.com/rfduck
All brides want their wedding to be fabulous – and you make no exception. Yet, what are the trends dominating the wedding industry of 2017, and how to incorporate them in your Big Day? We have some tips for you – so read on if you are searching for some wedding inspiration.
- Bold colors. Wooden tones may have been great for a while there – but the truth is that they’re slowly starting to fade out and make room for dashing options. Settle on a bold color scheme for your 2017 and you will be aligned with the trends out there.
- Moving images. Thinking to add a photo or two at your wedding? Why not alternate film projections and beautiful lighting? This is a much more modern way of entertaining your guests when they’re not on the dance floor – plus, nothing beats the realness and uniqueness of a recording that’s all about you and your love story.
- Lots and lots of greenery. Sure, blooms are not completely forgotten – but if you want to make a statement in 2017, you will have to plan some greenery arrangements. They are so fresh and beautiful that it’s guaranteed your guests will love it! This is a much warmer and human-centric way of celebrating your Big Day, as opposed to minimalist designs.
- Elegant venues. Want to plan a wedding nobody will ever forget? Think of a classy, elegant venue for this special event. Remember though, elegant does not have to automatically mean “ballroom” – it can be something smaller, more intimate and equally classy!
Searching for a venue located in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow us to be your venue for the Big Day. You will love every single inch of the marvelous space we offer here.
Photo source: flickr.com/ amusedparrot
Your wedding is yours –and nobody should tell you how to plan it. Yet, as the hosts of the Big Day, you will definitely want to make sure your guests are having a great time. What are some of the things they secretly want at your wedding, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Be very clear about the dress code. You can keep it classy on the invitations, but we highly advise you to create a wedding website where you share more information with your guests. This is the perfect place to “de-code” the dress code. Explain very clearly what your dress code is, so that guests can dress accordingly – it would be a pity if they didn’t feel great at your wedding because they are over or underdressed.
- Serving late-night snacks. Everyone loves a doughnuts, a scrumptious burger, or a delicious serving of mac’n’cheese. Spice up your wedding menu by serving these treats later in the day, so that they energize the guests (and help them spend more time partying). We guarantee they’ll love this!
- Not playing matchmaker. You may think it’s a great idea to put together all the singles, especially if you have some “potential couples” in mind. In reality though, these things just make people feel awkward – and not just the ones “targeted” by Cupid, but also everyone around them. Let things flow naturally, it will be much better for everyone present!
Looking for a splendid wedding venue that brings together old-school charm and modern benefits? Come visit Black Horse Inn. Our beautiful venue will provide you with a wonderful historical space for you and your guests to have a good time for the Big Day. You will all love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ slightly everything