If you are searching for a wedding venue in Warrenton, VA, Black Horse Inn could be the one. Our venue is more than suitable for gorgeous weddings that are simply unforgettable and there are many, many reasons why you should choose us over any other venue out there. Here are some of the most popular reasons for which people come to us:
- The inn itself is filled with wonderful history and it will provide you with that timeless appeal that looks so great when it comes to weddings. Named after the Black Horse Cavalry which was created in 1858 (and which was praised by the Confederate President Jefferson Davis), our inn was built at the middle of the 1850s. A part of it was added in the 1900s to perfectly complement the architecture and the general atmosphere of the inn.
- Black Horse Inn has 10 rooms, each renovated according to the latest standards. All of the rooms have private baths and many of them have Jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces and beautiful four-poster canopy beds as well. Furthermore, Black Horse Inn also accommodates horses for overnight visits too.
- Our inn makes for the perfect wedding venue. With a gazebo and a wedding facility that are gorgeously embraced by the beauties of nature, Black Horse Inn will provide you with the ideal “backdrop” for your wedding photography. Even more, the location of the venue (less than 1 hour from Washington D.C.) makes it perfect for destination weddings.
- To make everything easier for you, we can also arrange catering services for your wedding. We will carefully select our providers according to your needs and we can arrange anything ranging from formal dinners to country buffets.
If you want to visit Black Horse Inn, do not hesitate to give us a call. Like many couples before you, we guarantee that you will be enchanted by the great abundance of unaltered nature and wildlife in the area – and by our stunning venue as well. Contact us and find out more about our services!
Planning for the Big Day will surely take a lot of your time – but don’t forget to think of the things you have to handle once the Big Day is over too! Here are some of the most important things that should definitely make it on your post-wedding “to do” list:
- Get your wedding dress to a cleaning and preservation specialist. You paid a lot of money on this dress and, years from now, it will most likely be one of your most treasured wedding souvenirs. Make sure it is preserved in a way that does not affect it in any way if you want it to look just as gorgeous decades from now! Who knows? Maybe one day, your own daughter will want to wear it on her Big Day!
- Send the Thank You notes. Your guests have come a long way to be there for you on such an important day in your life. Thus, sending them Thank You notes is not so much related to “etiquette rules”, but to common sense and to being genuinely thankful that you have such amazing friends and family.
- Decide what to do with your wedding décor. Chances are that you have a lot of “leftovers” from your wedding décor. If you cannot find a way to work them into your own home décor, make sure you find a solution to get rid of them. Selling them (online or at a yard sale), giving them away, donating them or simply tossing them away will all be much better options that simply allowing them to get “dusty” in your guest bedroom.
- Change your name. If you have decided to take your spouse’s name, start filling out the paperwork. The process itself can take some time, so make sure to do this sooner, rather than later.
- Review your vendors. They worked hard for your wedding day and, same as your guests, they deserve your appreciation. Remember to leave them with a great review and to thank them for their service!
Black Horse Inn can help you host marvelous wedding day nobody will ever forget! Come visit our beautiful venue and take a look around – there’s no way not to fall in love with what we can offer!
The fake wedding cake trend has caught on very fast – and these days, more and more couples choose to follow the trend as well. What is it about the fake wedding cake trend people love so much and why would you choose to follow it too? Here are some of the most important things to know about it:
- Basically, this kind of cakes look like “real” cakes but are made out of polystyrene foam and covered in real cake icing and/or fondant. A real wedding cake’s price starts at $1,500 in many cases, while a fake one can end up costing as low as $500. Therefore, a fake wedding cake can save you a lot of money, so you might want to consider it especially if you are running on a tighter budget.
- The outside of the cake can be customized according to your wishes – just as it would be with a real cake. By opting for a fake cake, you can have a marvelous piece of décor for your wedding reception without spending a fortune on it.
- By choosing a fake wedding cake, you don’t have to miss out on the “Cutting of the Cake” moment at your wedding reception. For instance, you could have the top tier of your cake be made out of “real”, edible ingredients so that you can cut it with your spouse in front of the guests. You can also have a pre-sliced fake cake too and you can pretend that you actually cut it out.
- Your guests will not be left without desert though. You can buy a less expensive and ornate cake and ask your waiters to serve the guests with a slice after the “Cutting of the Cake”.
By saving money on your cake, you can allow yourself to splurge on other wedding items – such as your venue, for example. And if that’s precisely what you are searching for, do not hesitate to come visit Black Horse Inn because you will surely fall in love with our venue!
If you are like the vast majority of the couples getting married, you probably do not have unlimited sums of money at your disposal. And yet, this is not something to stop you from having an unforgettable wedding day.
Creating a wedding budget is absolutely crucial if you want to make sure you don’t spend more than you can afford – and if you want to make sure you still get the wedding of your dreams too. Here are some tips to help you create a wedding budget that truly suits your particular situation:
- Sit down and talk. Rule out the things you don’t actually need or do not really want for your wedding. Decide on the things you can be “skimpy” with. Decide on the things you don’t want to make any kind of compromise on. Be honest about everything and find “half-way” solutions that work for both of you.
- Talk about who pays too. Traditionally, the family of the bride pays for (most of) the wedding. However, these days it has become more than acceptable to split the cost between the two families or even to allow the couple to support everything on your own. Make sure you decide on what’s best for everyone.
- Be very particular about how much you can afford spending. Take into consideration the total price of the wedding, as well as how much you can spend on each of the wedding vendors too. Also, don’t forget to take into consideration the fact that gratuities are not always included in the contracts you sign with the wedding vendors – and this means that you will have to include them in your wedding budget too.
Your venue is one of the most important parts of the wedding – so make sure you pick yours as soon as you have a guest list draft for your Big Day. Come visit Black Horse Inn and we guarantee you’ll love what we can offer: a historical venue surrounded by beautiful nature, exquisite service and the perfect “background” for a day everyone will remember decades from now!
Planning a wedding all on your own can be a tremendously difficult thing to do – especially when you don’t have much spare time at your disposal and when you are not very experienced in planning large events.
Hiring a wedding planner can be the best solution even when you are running on a tighter budget – precisely because a professional can help you stick to your budget, keep the stress at bay and get the wedding of your dreams.
How to select your planner, though? What are some of the questions you should definitely remember to ask? Read on and find out more:
- Can he/she show you a portfolio of previous weddings he/she has done? Can he/she bring forward any references? Taking a look at your planner’s previous work is extremely useful if you want to make sure his/her ideas are compatible with yours.
- What will happen if he/she falls sick and cannot actually attend your wedding? A serious wedding planner will provide you with a backup option and he/she will include it in the contract as well.
- What are the main types of services he/she offers? Some planners only offer wedding design services or day-of services, while other planners will offer a larger variety of services (including full wedding planning packages).
- Can your planner help you create a vision for the wedding? This is important to ask because, again, it will help you determine if his/her services are compatible with your idea of a perfect wedding day.
If you are still searching for a wedding venue in Northern Virginia, do not hesitate to come and visit Black Horse Inn. Surrounded by marvelous nature and designed to make you and your future spouse feel like royalties of the night, our venue is one of the best options you have!
Picking a ceremony site can be a really difficult thing to do – especially when there are so many options available out there. However, following some simple tips will help you find the perfect ceremony for your big “I Do”. We have gathered some of the very best tips when it comes to making this choice, so make sure to read on and find out more.
- It should be relatively close to your reception venue. Most brides choose to book a venue that provides them with a reception venue and a reception site as well. This will save you time and, most of the times, it will save you money as well. However, if you plan on having a different kind of wedding, make sure your ceremony site is as close as possible to the wedding venue. This way, you will not have to waste time “travelling” from one to the other.
- If you are like the vast majority of the couples to-be-wed, you will want to stick within your budget. Don’t be afraid to ask how much a ceremony site’s services cost and don’t be afraid to shop around either. Eventually, you will find something suitable for your budget and for your taste as well.
- Furthermore, if you want to have your wedding at a non-religious site, take into consideration the fact that you might have to book your own officiant. Many of these sites do offer certified officiants these days, but you should definitely ask about this before picking a ceremony site.
Black Horse Inn will provide you with a superb venue, with a gorgeous ceremony site and with the most splendid natural landscape as well. Come visit us, take a look around and book us for the most beautiful day of your life!
Spring is here and this means that it is the beginning of a full wedding season. If you plan on having a spring wedding, make sure you capture this beautiful moment in your life with a stylish and beautiful spring wedding photo album. What are the trends out there and which are the types of photos you should definitely not forget to include in your album? Read on and find out more.
- Spring is all about flowers in full bloom – so make sure to talk to your photographer about including some photos of your flower arrangements, centerpieces and bouquets. This year, wild flowers are very popular and they make for wonderful arrangements and bouquets for weddings – so you might want to take them into consideration for your Big Day too.
- A photo of you and your spouse out in the middle of nature. Take advantage of the stunning “backdrop” nature has created for you and shoot some photos outside. Talk to your photographer about having your couple’s portrait photos set on the outdoors. For example, you could shoot a photo with you and your spouse on a blanket, in the middle of the green meadows, kissing.
- Also, if it happens to rain on your wedding day, don’t despair. Turn this situation to your advantage by shooting some romantic photos out in the rain. A stylish umbrella to go with your wedding colors and a kiss is all you need for a fantastic “rainy day” photo to include in your album!
- Don’t forget to ask your photographer to include some photos of your wedding party too. If you want to capture the great wave of positive energy that comes with the season, make sure the photo is youthful, energetic and full of optimism. There are thousands of ways you can do this – and all you need is a bit of creativity and a good photographer!
Black Horse Inn looks absolutely marvelous in the spring! Come visit us and see for yourself how our venue will make for the perfect spring wedding location. Our historical site and the amazing natural beauties surrounding it will surely complement your wedding photo album!
Flowers are an important part in any wedding – regardless of whether you plan to have a very elegant one or a rustic/DIY one. 2015 has been here for almost 3 months now – but we have already seen how the latest wedding flower trends started to “bloom” right in front of our eyes. What are the trends to take inspiration from for your 2015 wedding? Read on and find out more.
- Full bloom and opulence. If you want a very luxurious wedding, choose flowers that are in full bloom and that come in creamy pastel colors. Make sure you create opulent bouquets for your centerpieces and that no stems are showing!
- As hinted above, creamy pastel colors are a huge “hit” in 2015 – and you will definitely love them too. Especially with the spring around the corner, incorporating pastel-colored flowers into your wedding will be an amazing idea
- Flower crowns. You don’t have to use flowers just for the bouquets and centerpieces – you can wear them too! Ask your florist to create a beautiful flower crown to match your wedding décor and your dress and you will look absolutely splendid!
- Wild flowers. If you don’t want to have a very elegant wedding, you can always go for wild flower bouquets and centerpieces. Blowsy roses, ferns, foxgloves, garden roses, tulips and sweet peas make for amazing arrangements and they will add that wonderful “rustic-chic” appeal everyone’s in love with these days.
- Simple elegance. You don’t have to have flower arrangements composed out of many types of flowers and colors. This year, simplicity is as trendy as opulence! Ask your florist to create simple bouquets out of white roses and calla lilies and they definitely will add a gorgeous, elegant appeal to your wedding.
Black Horse Inn is more than excited by the stunning wedding trends of 2015 – and we are more than certain you are too! Come visit us and see how well our venue fits into these trends! You will not regret choosing us!
Spring is just a few weeks away – and together with it, we are all eagerly awaiting for a brand new wedding season too! If you plan on having a spring wedding too, make sure you check out with the following ideas because we have gathered the best the beginning of 2015 has to offer in terms of weddings! Read on and get inspired!
- Beautiful colors. Spring is all about color, revival and positive energy – so it is definitely a great idea to bring all those beautiful ideas into your wedding too. Mustard yellow, tangerine yellow, Lucite green, strawberry ice and Masala – these are some of the most popular wedding colors for 2015 and they will look absolutely amazing on the blooming “backdrop” provided by spring!
- Your gown. If you want to stick to tradition, having a white wedding dress is more than fine – but if you want to add at least a bit of “blush” on your wedding gown, you should definitely go for it! This year, designers have “splashed” their wedding dress designs with wonderful colors (including, but not limited to blush pink and even black). Edgy, non-conventional and absolutely fabulous, these gowns are a true fashion statement for every bride out there!
- Just a touch of “vintage”. You don’t have to plan a wedding that is “entirely” vintage – but adding a “touch” of the vintage style is a great idea. You could have a dress inspired by the vintage fashion or you could simply add small details that are related to this theme. Your wedding will instantly “pop” as full of personality, grace and elegance!
If you want to have a magic spring wedding, don’t forget to check out with Black Horse Inn’s offer. Our beautiful venue, the amazing surroundings and our experience in hosting unforgettable weddings will definitely contribute a lot!
Weddings don’t have to be as traditional and formal as you think. In fact, nowadays almost everything is “allowed” – of course, as long as it makes you feel good too. If you want your wedding to be absolutely awesome, take a look at the following ideas and get the inspiration you need!
- A box instead of a ring bearer’s pillow. Save money and go DIY for your ring bearer’s pillow. A simple box, some painting/decoration work and some creativity will make your alternative ring bearer’s “pillow” look absolutely stunning regardless of what your wedding theme may be!
- A guest box. Instead of the traditional guest book, ask your guests to shoot a video of what they would have written in the guest book. Provide them with a “box” (similar to a photo booth) where they can “hide” away from the other guests to tell you about their kind wishes.
- Don’t dress in white. The white wedding dress tradition is not an absolute “must-follow” and if you want to, you can dress in whatever color you want. After all this is YOUR wedding and YOU should feel great about everything – including what you wear.
- In fact, you don’t even have to get an actual dress. A suit, a nice skirt and a blouse or even a pair of overalls can be just as perfect as you want them to be for this big day in your life. The golden rule here is the following: if it makes you feel good, go for it.
- A fun cake. The greatest thing about cakes (aside from their deliciousness, of course) is that they can be customized to fit who you From fun cake toppers to unique designs, there’s a myriad of options when it comes to wedding cakes – so make sure you settle for that which truly reflects your personality and style.
- Ask your guests to use flip cams to “tape” your wedding and then edit it to create a stunning wedding video. Not only will you save a lot of money this way, but you will also provide your guests with something really fun to do during the wedding.
- Take fun pictures. Of course, there are certain photos you should definitely take at your wedding (such as the bridal portrait, the kiss or the farewell moment, for example). However, make sure you shoot some fun pictures as well. Some ideas include fun photos of the groom and his groomsmen, trash the dress photos and playful photos of you and your groom as well.
- Have a crazy pre-wedding event for your wedding party and you. Go swim, have a barbecue or have fun out in the wild with your friends. It will blow off some of the “steam” caused by the wedding planning stress and it will be a great way to help your wedding party members get to know each other too.
- Bring your pets to your wedding. This is an important day in your life and you will want everyone who cares about you to be there to celebrate. Why shouldn’t this include your pets too!
- Hire a food truck or an ice cream truck. Of course, weddings are formal events, but who said your guests are not allowed to have a delicious ice cream right from the truck?
Black Horse Inn can host your wedding in the most amazing ways possible. Located in the middle of nature and surrounded by history, beauty and grace, we are a wedding venue that truly cares about its couples’ happiness. Come visit us and take a look around – there’s no way in the world not to love what we have prepared for you!