Your wedding has to be splendid from all points of view – and this includes every detail, from the centerpieces to the colors you use for the wedding décor, and from the delicious meal you serve, to the amazing signature cocktail you include in the Big Day.
Of course, your wedding cake makes no exception from the rule – but how do you decorate your cake table in a beautiful, nontraditional way? We have some ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
- Make it more than just about the cake. Although this is an idea that has become more popular in the past few years, it can truly bring joy and deliciousness to your guests – especially the ones with a serious sweet tooth. Create a table arrangement with your cake and several other types of sweets (pies, candy, chocolates, etc.). People will definitely love it!
- Switch the cake. Not a big fan of cake? There’s nobody to say you actually HAVE to have one at your wedding. Replace it with your favorite dessert (be it cupcakes, doughnuts or anything else) and guests will love indulging in a wider variety of sweet treats!
- A table full of fresh flowers. There’s something about fresh flowers that will always be considered gorgeously elegant and truly romantic. So, why not bring fresh flowers into your wedding cake table décor? Fill the entire table with fresh blooms and place the cake in the middle – it will look spectacular!
Black Horse Inn is a wedding venue full of tradition, beauty and timelessness. We take pride in our superb location in Savannah – but even more than that, we take pride in the fact that every wedding we host here turns out absolutely amazing. Come visit us yourself and take a look at what we can offer for your Big Day! You will not regret it!
Obviously, your wedding is truly important for you – and it is definitely important for your loved ones too. However, if you want all of your close friends and relatives to be there for you on the Big Day, you will have to be quite careful with how you plan the details of this hugely essential moment in your life.
For example, sending out Save the Dates can be really crucial in the entire wedding planning process. Why is that, more exactly? Read on and find out more.
- You give everyone the heads-up. In other words, you make sure they don’t make any other plans on your wedding date, so that they can travel and share the joy with you. To make sure the Save the Dates reach everyone out in time, send them with at least a few months before the actual wedding date (preferably 6, but if you send them at least 4 months ahead, things should generally move smooth).
- Furthermore, Save the Dates are a great opportunity to share information you might not want to share when you send out the actual invitations. For instance, these cards are a great place to share your wedding website (which, in its turn will be a great place to share wedding location details, maps, dress code tips, as well as registry information).
- Last, but definitely not least, Save the Date cards are an amazing way to double your engagement photos’ purpose (as well as your trial makeup and hairstyle).If you want to make your Save the Dates interesting and unique, including photos from your engagement photo session is a wonderful idea!
Still searching for a wedding venue to really make everyone feel amazing? Come visit Black Horse Inn in Virginia – we guarantee you will be charmed by our natural beauty, our history, and our timeless sense of elegance!
Photo credit: Kristen Gardner Photography
It is truly no secret that a wedding can end up costing a lot of money – so why wouldn’t you want to “recycle” your wedding items and re-use them again? If you are curious to learn more about this, we have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Your dress. There are many ways to re-purpose your wedding gown and breathe new life into it! For starters, you could offer it to a friend or relative to wear on her wedding day. Or you could transform it in your first child’s Christening clothes. Or, you could simply sell or donate it!
- Your food. Chances are there will be a lot of leftovers from the wedding. If you cannot pack them away and offer them to guests as they leave home, see if you cannot donate them to a food shelter nearby. It would be such a wonderful gesture!
- Your flowers. As gorgeous as they may be on your wedding day, your flowers won’t be as pretty a few days post-wedding – so it’s better to find a way to “recycle” them. You could, for example, offer them to guests as a wedding favor, or you could donate them to nearby hospitals and nursing homes. Furthermore, you could also talk to the couple who will have the wedding right after yours, and see if they are not willing to split the costs for the florals.
Looking for a stunning wedding venue? Come visit Black Horse Inn! Nature feels at home here, at our beautiful location in Virginia – and with the history our venue has, you are bound to get married in an elegant, timeless and absolutely amazing place. Come visit us, see what we offer, and book us for your Big Day!
Photo credit: Kristen Gardner Photography
Your wedding day is the kind of event that’s completely unique in your entire life. The beauty of these moments, the way you will feel as you walk down the aisle, the shivers of love and excitement the first dance will send down your spine, the amazing happiness you will experience as you cut the cake – these are all moments that are truly “once-in-a-lifetime” – so you definitely want them to be perfect.
Regrets shouldn’t have any kind of place in the way your Big Day turns out – but how do you make sure of that? What are some common wedding regrets brides have once the Big Day is over? Read on and find out more.
- Stressing too much. Yes, stressing too much is right on the top of the list of regrets brides experience after their weddings. The more stressed out you are, the less likely it is that you will actually enjoy the beauty of this superb event – and the more you will miss out on it. Stop stressing out over the flowers, over the colors and even over the dress. Everything is going to be PERFECT!
- Not trusting the vendors. If you have hired these people, it must be for a good reason. They have the experience, the know-how and the patience needed to help you plan the Big Day as you have always wanted it to be. So, if they suggest something, take a moment to consider it at least – it may turn out that their idea is actually amazing.
- Not hiring a videographer. Of course, hiring a photographer should come without saying. But what about hiring a videographer too? There are moments photography cannot properly “preserve” (such as your wedding vows or the toasts) – so hiring a videographer will be more than worth it.
Still on the lookout for the perfect venue? Come see what beautiful Black Horse Inn has to offer! Come see what we are all about and book us for a truly magical, unforgettable wedding day!
Choosing a beautiful wedding theme is really important if you want everything to be absolutely flawless, unique and unforgettable. And while there may be a lot of themes to choose from, have you considered a woodland-inspired wedding?
If yes, we have gathered some gorgeous tips to help you pull off your woodland Big Day – so read on and find out more.
- Pick the right colors. Your wedding colors should be inspired by the beautiful woodland décor. Think of deep greens that remind you of the secular trees, think of warm browns and tints of yellow and orange (especially if your wedding is going to be closer to the fall season) – and, ultimately, think of natural hues that look gorgeous together.
- Include moss. Greenery can add a lot to your wedding décor – but you don’t have to stick to the all-too-traditional options everyone’s so familiar with these days. Moss can be a superb choice, especially for a woodland wedding, since it will add that natural vibe and it will make your florals and décor look more original.
- Focus on the green in the bouquets. Your bridal bouquet and your bridesmaids’ bouquets should also look natural and relaxing – so think of ways to include as much greenery as possible. Large, almost cascading bouquets of white flowers and pretty greenery, deep-red roses with wild flowers and foliage aplenty – these small touches will make your look (and the look of your bridesmaids) feel closer to Mother Nature and the beauty of the woodland area.
Planning your Big Day in Virginia? Want to be surrounded by natural beauty, elegance, history and timeless sophistication? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at the splendid venue we offer! Come visit us and allow us to be part of your love story!
Your wedding menu is really important when it comes to creating that special atmosphere everyone will love at your wedding. Have you considered including family recipes in your menu, though? This could be a really great idea! How so? Why is including family recipes in your wedding such a good idea – and, more importantly, how to do it? Read on and find out more.
- First of all, including family recipes in the Big day is great because it allows you to personalize the food in a special, sentimental way. This is an emotional idea that will help you bring homage to your heritage, to the wonderful people who surrounded you as you grew up, and, ultimately, to the amazing story that has brought you to this great day in your life.
- If you decide to push this one step further, you should definitely know that there are many means by which you can bring your family’s favorite flavors into the wedding. Your grandma’s fudge cake could be an amazing wedding favor, your aunties might want to chip in and help you create a spectacular, personal candy bar and that special barbecue sauce your dad used every Sunday might actually get on your guests’ plates!
- Regardless of what recipes you choose to include in your wedding menu, don’t forget to add a small note and explain the significance of that special flavor. You can do this in the wedding menu itself, so that all guests learn about the touchy story behind what’s in their plates.
Black Horse Inn is truly honored every time a couple chooses us as their wedding venue – and we would be more than happy if you chose us too! Come visit us at our splendid venue in Virginia, take a look at the amazing things we can offer and book us for a genuinely unforgettable Big Day!
Photo credit: Kristen Gardner Photography
Spring and summer are among the most popular wedding seasons – and not without reason. In fact, having a spring or summer wedding is a great idea if you want this big moment to be filled with the joy and energy of the warm days, if you want the event to be blooming with gorgeous florals and if you want it to be more easily accessible for your guests as well.
The only downfall with a hot weather wedding? Surviving the heat might be an issue if you don’t plan ahead – so it’s very important that you do provide yourself and your guests with some cooling options. How to do it? How to survive the heat during your summer wedding? Here are some ideas to consider:
- Offer fans. They might not do the same great job as an A/C, but they can at least keep the guests cool during the ceremony. Also, offering shading options (parasols, getting married at a well-shaded location, etc.) is a very good idea too.
- Cold beverages. Keep it low on the alcoholic beverages while the guests are outside and offer them water, juices, soda or non-alcoholic cocktails. This will keep them well-hydrated and away from the potentially harmful effects of the sunlight.
- Get married later. Not only is an evening/night wedding really dreamy, but it can also be a lot safer for you and your guests. Imagine how gorgeous you will look, walking down the aisle on the stunning background provided by the sunset!
Black Horse Inn is a superb Virginian wedding venue. Full of history and grace, our location is here to help you and your guests have the time of your life at your wedding. Contact us, learn more about our wedding packages and we will be more than happy to be part of your romantic love story!
In a world crumbling down under the weight of our ignorance and carelessness, being eco-friendly has become more than an option – it has become necessity. And, as an environmentally-conscious couple, you will definitely want to make your wedding as eco-friendly as possible. How to do that, though? How to have a “green” wedding? Here are some tips you should definitely consider:
- Green wedding favors. Yes, your wedding favors can be inspired by your passion to protect the environment! Not only can you choose items that have been manufactured cruelty-free and from materials that are organic, but you can actually help Mother Nature rejuvenate itself by offering every guests with a flower seed to plant at home. What a beautiful and meaningful favor!
- Keep it green with the florals. One of the least eco-friendly parts about weddings is how so many flowers get cut and used for just one day. To avoid this from happening, consider having a lot of greenery and foliage as part of the wedding décor and centerpieces. Greenery is a lot easier to “repurpose”- and plus, you can offer guests potted green plants as wedding favors too.
- Save the trees with your stationery. Sure, you may not be able to go all-electronic with your stationery – but a very good part of it can be electronic (e.g. you can send just the invitations and a small card directing guests to the wedding website). Furthermore, you can also use recycled paper for your wedding stationery paper too – it can make such a huge difference for the environment itself!
Black Horse Inn is a gorgeous wedding venue that embraces the amazing nature surrounding us here, in Virginia. If you’re searching for a wedding venue touched by the beauties of Mother Nature for your eco-friendly wedding, you should definitely come and see what we offer!
Your wedding ceremony is going to be one of the most memorable, magical and truly fantastic moments of your life. You deserve this, your loved one deserves this and, ultimately, your love story itself deserves this.
How to have a wedding ceremony aisle that’s totally incredible and complements how amazing you feel? Here are some tips to inspire you:
- Forget about the rose petals. Sure, they are extremely beautiful – but this is something that’s been done over and over again (for the past few years at least). Think creatively and incorporate Moroccan rugs, or why not, a completely personalized carpet with your wedding date or a meaningful quote on it.
- What surrounds the aisle matters too. Of course, the wedding aisle is the center of your attention – but before you jump into ordering any pieces of décor make sure you take the overall aesthetic of the ceremony site into consideration. Think of the chairs, the arrangement and the general “vibes” of your ceremony site, so that you design an aisle that beautifully and harmoniously incorporates everything.
- Talk to your venue manager. Depending on the ceremony site you have chosen, you may not be allowed to do everything you want with the aisle. Solutions can be found, though, in most of the cases – so it is essential that you discuss with your venue manager and see what is and is not acceptable from their point of view.
Black Horse Inn is a gorgeous wedding venue, filled with history, timeless elegance and grace. We are proud to host our brides and grooms’ wedding ideas in a flawless, elegant way – and we are proud to be part of their love story too. If you are searching for a sophisticated, warm and candid venue for the Big Day, be sure to contact us and come see what we offer!
Wedding trends come and go – what stays, though, are your memories of the Big Day. Of course, you want this amazing event to be really memorable from all points of view – and while following trends just for the sake of popularity is definitely not a good idea, the truth is that some of the wedding trends can offer you some great inspiration for a unique, unforgettable event.
What are some of the best wedding flower trends of the year? We have gathered them right below – so read on and find out more.
- Go green. Sure, blooms will always be popular with brides – but in 2016, brides love going green as well. Some of them choose to have green as the predominant color in their flower arrangements, while others choose to go all the way, building arrangements that are based on greenery alone. The choice is yours – but we guarantee that either way you choose, greenery and foliage will look stunning at your wedding. Not to mention it will be less pricy too!
- Go vintage. If you want to add a dash of sophistication and elegance to your wedding florals, use vintage touches – such as rich, luxurious fabrics for your bouquet wrap or baby breaths for the arrangements themselves.
- Go local. Want to save a lot of money and to support local economy? Local flowers can look absolutely stunning, they can be fresher than the imported ones and they can also provide you with a sense of belonging to your local community. What’s not to love about this trend?
Black Horse Inn is a Virginian wedding venue that prides itself in the history behind us and in the elegance that defines every single inch of our location. Come visit us yourself, take a look at what we offer and we guarantee you will love it here!