Your wedding should make you happy – but that doesn’t mean you don’t want to surprise your guests with an event they will truly enjoy. How to wow your wedding guests? We have some tips for you – so read on and inspire yourself to create a wedding day everyone will love.
- Organize some garden games. We bet all of your guests will love this idea, especially since the weather outside is so nice! From mini-races to oversized board games, there’s a myriad of games that are perfect for a relaxed wedding, where most of the guests are in for the fun activities, rather than the traditional ones.
- Hire a caricaturist. Everyone knows wedding “magicians” – but have you ever considered hiring another type of entertainer, such as a caricaturist? Well, you should! Not only will everyone want their caricature made by a professional – but this can also double as party favor too.
- Make a show. Fireworks, confetti – whatever it is, make a real show out of it. Create unforgettable memories all of these people will never forget – we bet they don’t see this at every wedding they go to!
- Show off your talents. Can you sing? Dance? Do you have any other hobby or talent? Why not make a small moment out of this? This is bound to really wow your wedding guests, as most of them are not used to the bride and groom creating a special moment for them!
Looking for the best and most beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and allow us to show you around. Our venue is filled with history and timeless beauty – perfect for a couple who wants to have a truly unique and unforgettable wedding. Contact us today and book our wedding venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ DaveR1988
You may have noticed this, but cactuses and succulents are everywhere – in fashion, home design, and, of course, weddings too. If you love the idea of incorporating a bit of “spiky beauty” into your Big Day, you will be happy to learn that there are plenty of ways to do this. Following, we have gathered some of the most popular cactus-inspired wedding ideas – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Patterned envelope liners. Even the simplest wedding invitation suites can be instantly cheered up by a cute patterned envelope liner. Choose one with cactuses to show off your favorite wedding motif – we bet guests will find it more than adorable.
- Place setting/ wedding favor. Mini-cactuses are more than cute – so why not offer them as wedding favors? Place them nicely on the table for each wedding guest – this way, they will play a decorative role and double as wedding favors. For a dash of uniqueness, you can always personalize the cactus pot with your wedding monogram or any other message you find suitable.
- Thought cactuses and cakes have nothing in common? Well, aside from the fact that they both start with “c”, they can both be incorporated together too! Imagine a gorgeous, white wedding cake topped by a pretty cactus – it’s something your guests will love for its uniqueness!
- For the ceremony. Want to have a truly remarkable wedding ceremony décor? Use cactuses to create a magnificently original ceremony backdrop – it will wow guests from the very moment they step into the ceremony space!
Looking for the best, most elegant, and most beautiful historical wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and we will make sure the Big Day you are planning is truly amazing, from all points of view!
Photo source: flickr.com/ nparekhcards
Wedding trends come and go – what stays are your memories and the memories of your wedding guests. That is precisely why you want to create an event that’s totally unique and really entertaining for all of the marvelous people who took their time to celebrate your love story.
If you are searching for a unique idea to add to your wedding menu, doughnuts are your best friends. Yes, you did read that right – doughnuts can be more than wedding-worthy, especially when “upgraded” with a few tips and tricks.
How to incorporate doughnuts into your Big Day? Here are some wonderful ideas for you:
- Create a rustic, wooden display. Want to make doughnuts be an integral part of your rustic-chic wedding décor? Create a wooden display for them – we bet guests will want to spend time near it (and, yes, indulge in the sweetness and deliciousness of these sweet treats).
- Bring in a doughnut cake. Not ready to give up on the classic wedding cake, but love the idea of serving doughnuts too? Why choose between the two, then? Display a smaller wedding cake as the top tier, and fill the other “levels” with delicious-looking doughnuts covered in your wedding colors.
- Cupcakes and doughnuts – a match made in heaven. Big fan of cupcakes? Big fan of doughnuts too? Again, you don’t necessarily have to choose between these two options. Have your pastry chef create tasty and pretty-looking cupcakes and top them with…mini-doughnuts. Guests will love this adorable idea!
Are you still on the lookout for the best wedding venue in Virginia? Black Horse Inn will provide you with everything you need to make this day really magical! Contact us today, come pay us a visit, and see with your own eyes why our venue is so loved by brides and grooms!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Ryan A. Monson
Your mother is the most amazing woman on Earth – and she would be terribly proud to be included in her daughter’s wedding day! How do you do this? How do you make your mom feel really involved in the Big Day? We have some ideas for you – read on to inspire yourself and make your mom happier than ever.
- Include her in the wedding gown shopping entourage. She’s seen her little girl grow up and change her style one-too-many times – so she definitely knows what looks great on you and what doesn’t. Although your idea of fashion may not be fully compatible with hers, including your mom in the wedding dress shopping entourage will make her really happy – and it might actually help you come up with a couple of great ideas too.
- Take some time off and relax with your mom at a fancy spa (after having shopped for her own dress, of course!). She will feel pampered, important, and cared for – and let’s face it, no other lady in the world to deserves more of your attention than your mother!
- Wear a small piece of her wedding dress. If you don’t want to wear her wedding gown, you can ask her to cut a small piece from underneath the skirt. Upcycle this sentimental piece of cloth or lace and create a necklace, a pair of earrings, or simply a pretty bow for your bouquet wrap. It will add so much emotion and uniqueness to the special moments of your wedding day!
Looking for a historical wedding venue in Virginia? Black Horse Inn is here to help you. Contact us today, come visit our stunning venue, and allow us to be the ones who host the most beautiful event of your entire life!
Photo source: flickr.com/ QuinnDombrowski
You must be really happy to be a bridesmaid at your friend’s wedding – but if you have never done this before, you are surely nervous as well. What are some of the worst mistakes bridesmaids shouldn’t make, regardless of the circumstances? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- You should never share your drama with the bride – even if it is related to the wedding itself. You have to understand the fact that the bride is really stressed out and has a lot of issues to handle at the moment, so she might not be very willing to hear about the fact that the shade of yellow she chose for the bouquets doesn’t complement your eyes. If you absolutely have to complain about something, talk to the Maid of Honor first.
- You should know what type of gift to bring and where. The bridal shower may not be the most appropriate place for sexy and funny gifts, especially if the mother of the bride is invited too. Keep this for the bachelorette party – or, why not, for no particular pre-wedding event.
- You should actually commit to all the pre-wedding events and parties. Your bride needs you to be there for her – don’t disappoint her and attend all the pre-wedding events.
- You leave all the tasks for the other bridesmaids. You are a team – and your purpose is making sure the bride is genuinely happy on her wedding day. Don’t just assume someone will take care of all those group tasks the bride has assigned to you!
Searching for a superb wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who host the most gorgeous wedding your guests have ever been to! Contact us and you will never regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ micadew
Choosing the right bridesmaids is really important for you as a bride – but what happens if they don’t actually get along, like you hoped they would? Well, we have some tips for you – so read on and find out more about this.
- Although your Maid of Honor should be your “delegate” when it comes to bridesmaids’ communications, you will see that there will be times when you will simply have to talk to your bridesmaids face to face. Listen to their pleas, see why they are so upset, and try to really feel with them (if you were ever a bridesmaid, you will surely know how to relate to your own super-ladies).
- Don’t take sides. It may seem fair to you to side with the bridesmaid who’s closest to your heart, or whose opinion is more similar to yours. However, taking sides will only make things worse – just as it would if the mother would take sides when the siblings fight with each other. Be calm, try to resonate with everyone, and try to bring peace among your bridesmaids.
- Don’t take this too personally. Just because some of your bridesmaids don’t get along very well, it doesn’t mean they want to harm you – not even by far. They just have their own opinions and they are ready to argue to sustain them – and this does not mean in any way that they want to ruin your experience as the bride-to-be. Remember why you chose these amazing ladies in the first place!
Searching for a romantic, timeless wedding venue in Virginia? Black Horse Inn is here, waiting for your visit. Contact us right now, learn more about our wedding packages and how we will help you have a truly amazing wedding day nobody will ever forget!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Corey Ann
Wedding dress trends are not to be followed blindly – but they can surely add a lot to your collection of wedding ideas. Of course, this year’s trends are already out – and we’re all excited to see what designers have in store for us.
Want to know more about the best wedding dress trends of 2017? We have gathered some tips right below – so read on and find out more.
- Capes are very much popular these days – and not without reason. Not only are they ultra-practical for chilly spring and fall wedding days, but they can also add a touch of femininity, mister, and timelessness to your wedding look. Sheer or made with faux fur, long or short, capes are all the rage right now. Accessorize your dress with one and you will look fantastic!
- High-neck wedding gowns are back in fashion – and no, it’s not the Victorian Ages all over again. Feminine, delicate, and more than elegant, these dresses are ideal for a boho-chic bride, or for a bride who wants to make a statement with her dress. Pull your hair up and one of these gowns will make you feel like a real-life princess on the biggest day of your life!
- Blue-tinted wedding dresses are incredibly delicate and pretty – and they are fully back in fashion too. With a fine embroidery or just as a subtle touch, light blue is present on bridal runways everywhere – and it looks so amazing that you won’t be able to resist it!
Still searching for the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? Black Horse Inn is here to provide you with a wide range of benefits. Our venue is elegant, timeless, beautiful, and embraced by the history of these places – so both you and your guests will love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Fire At Will [Photography]
There’s nothing more special than your wedding – and, as the bride and groom, you surely want to make sure your personality is really well-reflected in this unique life event. To help you create a truly original wedding décor, we have gathered some of the prettiest artistic wedding ideas you’ll definitely want to copy right away – so read on if you need just a bit of inspiration.
- Colorful hair. Have you seen all those gorgeous Instagram hair trends featuring rainbow, unicorn, mermaid, and galaxy hair? We bet you love them – so why wouldn’t you include it in your wedding too? If you want to make sure you don’t overdo it, you can always opt for just a few strands of colorful hair – it will definitely look amazing!
- Unique ceremony backdrops. We all love those opulent floral ceremony backdrops – but the truth is that they might be too expensive for many couples. If you want to achieve the same wow effect, create your ceremony backdrop out of oversized paper flowers – they are incredibly pretty, they are much less expensive than the real flowers, and they are more environmentally-friendly too (especially if you make them with recycled paper).
- Colorful smoke bombs. Want your wedding pictures to look absolutely awe-inspiring? Hire a professional photographer and add colorful smoke bombs into the mix – it is the perfect recipe for wedding pictures that will look breathtaking!
- Hanging flower arrangements. Tired of the good, old-fashioned flower bouquets in vases as centerpieces? Decorate your reception with hanging floral chandeliers – it will make even the dullest space pop with joy, beauty, and grace!
Searching for an elegant and timeless wedding venue in Virginia? You should come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer – so contact us today and schedule your visit!
Photo source: flickr.com/ vanessahayes13
We all know your wedding day will be a real rollercoaster of emotions – so everyone understands if you forget about a minor thing or two. Yet, there are things you should absolutely not forget to do – precisely because they are crucial for the success of your Big Day and for the way you feel.
What are the things a lot of brides will forget to do on their wedding day? We have some tips for you – so continue reading to find out more about this.
- This may seem very, very basic – but the truth is that with so much nervousness and such a long list of things to do, many brides forget (or simply avoid) to eat. Do have a bite or two, though – you have a very demanding day ahead of you and it is of the utmost importance that you get your nutrition. A good, healthy and delicious breakfast will set you in a good mood for the day and ensure you have plenty of energy for the million-and-one amazing things you’ll experience today.
- Bring your marriage license. You may think this is just a sheet of paper – but without it, the wedding itself cannot actually happen. Make sure your Maid of Honor will remind you of this, so that your marriage is fully legal at the end of the day.
- Prepare tips for the wedding vendors. They’ve put a lot of work into making your dream wedding happen and they deserve their tips – so make sure to set aside the envelopes for them. Your Best Man should be the one handing in the tips – but it is still very important for you not to forget about them either.
Looking for a splendid wedding venue in Virginia? You should definitely come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer – you will LOVE it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ jorgemejia
Spring wedding trends are always lovely to take inspiration from – especially since they are usually quite diverse, and cover a very wide range of tastes and styles. For instance, what are the best spring flower trends of the year? We have gathered some of them right below – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Baby breaths. Looking for a truly beautiful and affordable way to decorate your ceremony and reception? Baby breaths are such an amazing idea! Bring them in large clusters and place them in buckets, or simply use smaller clusters to decorate the ceremony chairs – either way, they will look simply adorable.
- Lush floral arrangements in clear containers. If you are planning an ultra-elegant wedding, settle for rich flower centerpieces placed in tall, glass containers. They will add a distinguished look to your entire wedding reception, making it more timelessly elegant and beautiful.
- Silver touches. There’s no other metal to be a better complement to spring, other than silver. Short silver containers are stunning for rich flower arrangements, but if you want to be really unique, you can combine silver items (e.g. candelabra) with small, well-polished florals.
- Wooden beauty. Planning a rustic-chic wedding? Wooden containers and even small stumps can look wonderful when combined with feminine flower arrangements! Perfect for those of you who want their wedding décor to really stand out from the crowd!
- Flowers…everywhere. Add gorgeous flowers to almost every piece of décor – from the chandeliers, to the place cards themselves. Spring is a celebration of hope and beauty – and so is your wedding, so why not incorporate as many flowers (and floral motifs) as possible?
Searching for a lovely wedding venue in Virginia? You should definitely come and see Black Horse Inn. Contact us today to see what we offer for our brides and grooms – you will be charmed by our venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ katherinemuchadoo