Flowers will always be a huge element in every type of wedding décor. Yet, what happens when you are tired of seeing the same old flower arrangements placed at the center of each wedding table?
Are there any non-floral wedding centerpiece alternatives?
Of course there are – and following, we have gathered some ideas to inspire you too!
- A touch of playfulness with some wedding theme-colored pinwheels. This is perfect for an early spring wedding day – or for a couple who really wants to sprinkle the Big Day with their naturally playful, childish side.
- A touch of personal taste. Are you a fan of a particular book? Or do you have something that has connected you with each other? Bring stacks of old, vintage-looking books and put them on top of one another. Feel free to add any kind of extra-décor you may need – such as a bow, a fun card, and so on.
- A touch of green. Have you seen how popular succulents are, especially at weddings? Why not incorporate this idea for your wedding centerpieces When properly maintained, succulents can actually survive in a shockingly large variety of conditions. Thus, they are most definitely
- A touch of Fall. With Fall fully installed upon us, many of you may be thinking of a wedding in this season. If you want to have a Fall-inspired wedding, you can definitely create some of the most gorgeous centerpieces and table runners using dried leaves, pinecones, fruit, greenery, and so on. This will look so special and beautiful!
Looking for the best wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who will host the most beautiful and unforgettable day of your entire life. Contact us today and learn more about the packages we offer to all those who want to get married under our roof!
All brides want to shine as they walk down the aisle – and given the uniqueness and importance of this moment in their lives, it is perfectly understandable why they want to let their personality and love stories speak through their dresses and accessories.
Why would you choose an overlay for your Big Day? Well, they are extremely trendy right now and they look absolutely breathtaking in a variety of situations. Basically, you can wear one regardless of what type of bride you want to be. For example, here are some of the very best ideas in this bridal fashion niche:
- Off the shoulder. You know how popular off the shoulder gowns have been in the past couple of years – so why not bring this trend into your look as well? An off the shoulder overlay buttoned in the back will look really cute and feminine – and it will instantly make a simple dress pop with beauty and elegance.
- Precious shades. Want to add a dash of glamor and luxury to your wedding look? Choose a simple dress and wear it with a see-through overlay decorated with silvery or golden touches. We guarantee guests will absolutely love your look!
- Color and style. Are you considering skipping the all-white look on the Big Day? Wear a white dress and a colored lace overlay. Black and red look absolutely breathtaking in this combination, but any other color will do, especially if you want to coordinate it with your wedding theme and color scheme!
Looking for the most splendid historical wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow yourselves to be infused with the beauty, elegance, and timelessness of the space we have here. You will love it from the very minute you set foot on our grounds!
We all know wedding etiquette can be an intricate matter – and while everyone can agree things have gotten a lot more casual in the past couple of decades, the truth is that there are still a lot of unwritten laws that make a lot of sense even now, in the 21st century.
For example, did you know there’s a specific etiquette when it comes to including kitchen items in your wedding registry? Here are some tips you might want to know about this:
- Registering for just two place settings, thinking that it might be rude to register for more. It is easy to understand why brides and grooms get confused about this – but it is more than worth reminding yourself that all of your guests’ gifts are offered in good faith, so that you can start a family. Therefore, they will definitely understand why you registered for more than two place settings (e.g. you want to have children, you will have guests invited over your house, and so on).
- Registering for appliances that can be used with one purpose only. The items you register for should be useful – and registering for multiple appliances that only do one thing may come off as impractical. Try to find appliances that can do multiple things (e.g. a breakfast station that can bake, make coffee, and fry at the same time).
- Registering for only for items you don’t have already. Just because you’ve been using the same blender for the past 7 years, it doesn’t mean you aren’t allowed to register for a new one (e.g. one that uses less energy or one that’s larger than what you already own). Upgrades are totally acceptable!
Looking for a truly stunning wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow yourself to be infused with the elegance and beauty of the place we could prepare for your Big Day. Contact us today, come see us yourself, and book us for a truly remarkable wedding!
We know you’ve worked a lot on your wedding planning – and we know you want this day to be truly perfect from all points of view. However, this doesn’t mean you should completely leave aside your honeymoon – after all, these are your first steps in life as husband and wife and you deserve to make yourselves feel amazing while traveling on this special vacation.
How large does your honeymoon luggage have to be, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- The short answer? Not too large. The lighter you travel, the easier it will be for you to actually enjoy every minute of the vacation. Plus, having a light luggage is also great from a financial point of view – so try to keep it at minimum.
- Start by packing a few basics, according to the location you want to visit. A pair of shorts, a casual little black dress, a pair of sandals, a few T-shirts, and thicker clothes will usually be more than enough for a person (and trust us, unless you actually plan on going to a fancy restaurant, that evening dress will probably be better off left at home).
- Don’t forget about the accessories. Scarves, sunglasses, a couple of pairs of earrings – they can instantly make your outfits pop with style and beauty. Also, if you usually wear makeup, pack a few basics as well (skin care, foundation, mascara, blush, an evening eyeshadow, eyeliner and two lipsticks will be more than enough!).
Still planning the Big Day? Still searching for an elegant wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and allow us to be the ones who complement your Big Day with our superb space! You will never regret having chosen us!
Your bridesmaids are true gemstones, especially with all the support they’ve offered throughout the wedding planning process! Therefore, you surely want them to feel just as precious as they are when they walk down the aisle to announce your own big entrance.
How do you choose bridesmaids’ dresses with ease and avoid all conflicts? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- You cannot have your bridesmaids dressed in ultra-tiny clubbing dresses when you want to have a classy, elegant wedding. Likewise, satin wedding gowns may not be a very good choice for a casual wedding either. Think of your wedding style before drawing the lines for your bridesmaids’ dresses style!
- In general, bridesmaids’ dresses are matched with the wedding colors. However, this does not have to be a tone-on-tone kind of matching. You can get more creative and allow your bridesmaids to wear different shades of the same color gamma. This is actually ideal not only because it will look special in the pictures, but also because it will allow each bridesmaid to wear a dress color that flatters her skin tone.
- In terms of bridesmaids’ dresses design, you should be as permissive as possible. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and chances are your bridesmaids do not all look the same. Therefore, you might want to settle a very precise feature that connects all dresses (e.g. the neckline, the length, or the fabric of the dress) – and then allow your super-ladies to wear whatever cut and design suits them best.
Classy and romantic, torn out of old-school stories of love and history, The Blackhorse Inn proudly hosts weddings that are absolutely breathtaking, every single time. Contact us today to learn about our offer and come visit our splendid venue – you will love it here!
Wedding traditions have always come and gone. Although it may seem to us now that our old-school customs have been around for hundreds and even thousands of years, the truth is that they all had a “point zero”, a moment they just entered mainstream pop culture.
So, what are the wedding traditions that are now almost extinct? We have some ideas for you – so read on if you want to modernize your idea of a wedding and plan one that is truly amazing.
- The white dress. We’ve said it before and we will say it again: the white wedding dress is no longer compulsory. Not only that, but a lot of brides choose to leave it aside in favor of the more colorful versions. As time goes by, this is bound to become more than a trend (and it might even grow larger than the white wedding dress tradition itself).
- The entire ceremony. Although it may seem unimaginable to many, more and more couples bid their farewell to a series of wedding ceremony traditions – including very romantic wedding vows and tossing confetti at the grand exit from the ceremony.
- Tossing the bouquet and the garter. These customs are still widely followed, but the truth is that they are nearly extinct. As more and more couples leave a lot of old-school superstitions behind, the garter and the bouquet toss remain without substance: just fun moments many brides and grooms simply don’t want at their wedding.
Looking for a fantastic wedding venue in Virginia? You should absolutely come and see Black Horse Inn and everything it has to offer. With the beauty of the nature surrounding us and with the gorgeousness of the historical venue itself, we are a truly magical choice for couples who want their Big Day to be utterly special!
Photo source: StockSnap on Pixabay
I had the enchanting privilege to attend the wedding of Priyanka, Hiba and Seema Dubey in the NCC (National Conference Center) earlier this month. Styling the hair for the lovely bride was my pleasure. Such a beautiful and elegant wedding! Congratulations to the happy couple and joyful families!!
Salon Montage is a licenses and insured beauty team that specializes in bridal hair styling, updos, and makeup artistry. All of our artists have the ability to create a wide range of different looks while focusing on your vision and inspiration. We believe that each bride should look and feel her best on the best day of her life. We are sure that you will find the quality of our skills and the affordability of our services to be the best in the industry. We strive to deliver the best in wedding day beauty services to brides all over, and our mission is to create a stress free, relaxing environment while making you and your bridal party glamorous on your wedding day. You can read more about each of the artists individually on our website. We are currently booking up through 2017 so contact us TODAY!!!! Salon Montage
Here at Black Horse Inn, we love nothing more than seeing happy couples. We love seeing people tying the knot and joyfully stepping into the married life. We love being part of their love stories. And, at the end of the day, we love knowing they were genuinely satisfied with the services we offered.
Kathy & Jack were our clients too – and, as you will see below, they were more than happy with the way their wedding turned out. In fact, their wedding was so stunning that it even got featured in Borrowed and Blue. Here are some of the most beautiful details of their Big Day:
- The entire wedding was centered on simple colors: white, nudes, green, and a dash of gray. Everything was gorgeously complemented by golden accents that added a very beautiful, elegant note to the entire décor, making it feel more than stylish.
- The bridesmaids wore beautiful lacy gray dresses that worked just amazingly with the wedding décor and the vibe created at Kathy and Jack’s Big Day. Their necklines were different for a bit of diversity, but overall, the dresses looked really great together, in perfect harmony with Kathy’s stunning sweetheart wedding gown and with the details incorporated in the wedding décor itself.
- As for the cake, its beauty and elegance were only outmeasured by its lovely simplicity: a small, one-tier white wedding cake with rustic/ shabby accents and greenery to decorate it, nicely “seated” on a golden plate that worked fantastically with the rest of the wedding décor. What could you want more from your wedding cake?
Thank you for having offered us with the opportunity to serve you on your Big Day, Kathy and Jack – you were truly and utterly amazing!
Contact Black Horse Inn if you too are searching for a splendid wedding venue where nature abounds and history is soaked into every single inch of the location! You will never regret having chosen us!
Photo sources: Bethanne Arthur Photography, via Borrowed and Blue
Hiring a wedding planner is one of the best ways to ensure that your Big Day will be just as you have always wanted it to be: no mistakes, no stress either. Yet, what are the most important discussions to have with your wedding planner and why are they so crucial?
We have some tips for you – read on and find out more.
- Learn about their style. Your wedding planner will probably coordinate most of your décor elements, so you really need to make sure they are on the same page as you. Some planners are excellent at rustic weddings, while others are focused on elegant events – be sure to choose someone who suits your style from all points of view!
- Talk to them about personalizing the wedding. If you want to infuse the Big Day with elements that are very personal and sentimental, your wedding planner should know that. This is the kind of topic that needs to be very well-described, so that your planner knows exactly how to make your dreams come true.
- Discuss the wedding colors. Regardless of whether you have something in mind or you have no idea whatsoever, discussing the wedding colors is very important – and it’s the kind of talk you need to have at the beginning of the wedding planning process. Discuss with your wedding planner and see what they suggest in terms of specific shades and combinations – chances are their ideas will be amazing!
Looking for an elegant historical wedding venue in Virginia? Come see what Black Horse Inn will offer. The magic of the nature surrounding us, the devoted services we provide, and the venue itself – they will all charm you and your guests. Book us and plan your unforgettable wedding right here, under our roof!
Photo by rawpixel.com on Unsplash
With summer here (and oh, what a warm summer it is!), we’re more than certain a lot of you want to simply cool off. Well, that’s precisely what your guests want from your summer wedding too – so why not create a wedding inspired by the coolest dessert of all time, ice cream?
Believe it or not, this is far easier to incorporate into a summer wedding than some may think – and following, we have gathered some of the best ideas to inspire you. Read on and find out more.
- Replace the cake. Tired of the tiered cake covered in buttercream and fruit? Your guests are probably over it too – so provide them with a delicious sweet treat they won’t be able to refuse: a gorgeous, mouthwatering ice cream cake. Yes, you can have your tiers, and yes you can create a truly elegant ice cream cake too – just use your creativity and you will pull off an amazing replacement for the traditional wedding cake!
- Plan a DIY ice cream bar. We all know DIY wedding bars are very popular these days – so why not turn yours towards the best dessert of all summer? Provide your guests with a few basic ice cream flavors and plenty of toppings and additions to play with. They will LOVE the idea!
- Bring ice cream into the décor. Ice cream cones, cute ice cream-inspired wedding favors, ice cream-inspired messages – there’s a myriad of options when it comes to incorporating this amazing dessert into your Big Day. As mentioned before, use your imagination and you will definitely create something genuine, unique, and unforgettable!
Looking for a very beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at what we offer here. You will want to book us right away!
Photo by Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash