Your wedding look is very important to you – and it is perfectly natural to feel this way. You only get married once and this day is completely special in your entire life – so it’s normal to want to look at your finest.
How to accessorize your hair with a stunning hairband? We have some wonderful suggestions to inspire you – so read on and find out more.
• A pretty leaf-inspired headband. Planning a nature-inspired wedding? Or maybe a rustic-chic event? If so, consider the option of accessorizing your natural-looking hairstyle with a golden leaf headband. It will look more than stunning on you!
• A delicate bow headband. Want to create a feminine, sweet and romantic look? Opt for a colored gemstone hairband that ties in a bow knot at the back of your head. It will look elegant, pretty and truly unique as well!
• A Grecian headband. This idea is perfect for a summer wedding – and even more so if your dress is even slightly inspired by Grecian or Roman fashion. The headband will add uniqueness and style to your entire wedding look!
• A crystal headband. Looking for an elegant piece of jewelry to make yourself feel truly royal on your wedding day? How about a crystal headband? Delicate and beautiful, this could be the ideal hair accessory for a winter wedding, but it can work marvelously with a spring wedding look too.
Looking for a timeless wedding venue in Virginia? Here, at Black Horse Inn, we have witnessed the beauty of love not once, but hundreds of times – and each love story touches us in beautiful, unforgettable ways. Allow us to be part of your romantic story and you will never regret it! Come visit our venue and book us for your Big Day!
Photo credit: Kristen Gardner Photography
As the bride, you will want your attendants to look just as gorgeous as you do. Of course, choosing nice dresses for them is very important – but don’t forget about the feminine touches that will make your bridesmaids shine too!
For example, are you aware of the latest single-bloom bridesmaid bouquet trends? If not, here are some wonderful ideas to inspire you in creating gorgeous single-bloom bouquets for your special ladies:
• Garden roses. Your bridesmaids will look amazing holding sprigs of Juliet garden roses! These bflowers are extremely feminine, they are classy and they are unique at the same time too. Perfect for a garden or nature-inspired wedding!
• Magnolias. Delicate, elegant and truly stylish, magnolias are flowers with amazing power- and they will look fantastic in your bridesmaids’ hands. Pair one magnolia bloom with a sprig of leaves and your bridesmaids will absolutely love the idea!
• Dahlias. Want to make a statement with your bridesmaids’ bouquets? Opt for dahlia blooms – one for each bridesmaid. Imagine how stunning and impressive your bridesmaids will look holding white dahlia blooms as they support you for one of the most amazing days of your life!
• Peonies. As an all-time wedding favorite, peonies are extremely delicate and more than elegant too. If your bridesmaids are wearing light pink dresses, pair their looks with superb bright-pink peony blooms. The contrast will add a pop of color to the entire mix and it will also make your special ladies feel more stylish too!
Still looking for the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn! Our historical wedding venue is here to provide you with everything you need to plan a wedding none of your guests will ever forget. Contact us, come see what we offer and allow yourself to be charmed by the beauty and timelessness of our venue!
Photo credit: Kristen Gardner Photography
Planning a wedding can be more than demanding – especially with the almost never-ending list of things to do. And yet, sometimes, wedding disasters can happen – and it is important to be prepared for them just as much as you are for a completely flawless Big Day too.
What are some of the craziest wedding disasters that have actually happened – and what to learn from them? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
• The groom went missing – not because he bailed out of the wedding, but because he forgot his phone at home. Grooms, it is perfectly understandable if you want to take a short walk before the big moment, but make sure you let people know where you are and do take your phones with you – otherwise, you might generate a lot of anxiety over your disappearance.
• Someone wears white – either unintentionally or on purpose. If this is very important to you, but don’t want to make that person change their clothes, you can simply choose to leave them out of the wedding pictures. They will understand they have made a mistake, especially considering how huge this entire event is for you.
• The rings disappeared – not because they were actually lost, but because the Ring Bearer lost them on the ceremony site. We strongly advise you not to leave your very young Ring Bearer with the rings – and even more so if he is unattended! Be sure someone’s keeping an eye on the little guy!
Still looking for a really beautiful and romantic wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn! Our venue is infused with pure elegance, timelessness and amazing history, so you will surely love it here! Contact us, come see what we offer and allow us to be part of your Big Day!
Planning the perfect day-of schedule is absolutely crucial for the success of your wedding. And yet, it is not even by far as easy as it may appear at first – especially since there are many factors to consider and many unexpected situations to work with as well.
For example, do you know how much time should be between your ceremony and reception? If not, read on, because we have gathered some of the most important etiquette tips when it comes to this.
• There is no actual “right” answer when it comes to this question. It depends on a lot of things – and one of the fundamental ones is when and where you plan to have your ceremony. If you want to have your wedding ceremony in a house of worship, you may get stuck with a morning slot for the event. This means that you will have to redirect people back to their hotels (or towards any other attractions in the area) – but only after offering them a short luncheon!
• Furthermore, if you plan on having an evening wedding, you should not allow more than 60-90 minutes for the break between the ceremony and the reception. Ideally, you should turn this into a cocktail hour and allow guests to freshen up, energize and get in the mood for partying.
• Another option is to plan a cocktail hour and extend it into a dinner service as well. This is a less traditional approach, but it can leave more time for the dancing party too – so you might actually consider the idea.
Still looking for the perfect venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at this beautiful wedding venue – you will instantly fall in love with it!
While some brides and grooms prefer to “run away” from tradition, there are also many of them who like going back to their roots and celebrate their big day in a way that connects them with their ancestry, with their family history and with their beliefs.
For example, if you come from a Catholic family, you may want to have a Catholic wedding ceremony. But how does a traditional one look like? Here are some tips for you to keep in mind:
- It needs to take place in a Catholic church. Unlike with other Christian denominations, a Catholic wedding needs to take place in an actual Catholic house of worship – otherwise, it will not be considered official. There are instances when a bishop may give you permission to have your wedding someplace else (such as an outdoor space) – but these cases are quite rare.
- With or without Nuptial Mass. Many Catholic couples choose to include their wedding in a Nuptial Mass – but some choose to keep it shorter and stick to the basics (vows and exchange of rings). If you do settle on the first version, remember that it will be longer, as it will include the gospel, the homily, the consecration, the communion and the readings (followed by psalms).
- The communion is an important part of the Mass and it will take place once the vows have been spelled out. If you have non-Catholic wedding party members, discuss with your priest and see if they have to line up for the communion too (and simply refrain from taking it), or if it is better for them to stay at their seats until this part of the ceremony is done.
Searching for a lovely wedding venue filled with history, elegance and grace? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at the wonderful wedding venue option we offer right here, in Virginia!
Planning a bridal shower is a truly important task – and regardless of what your relationship with the bride may be, you will surely want this pre-wedding party to turn out amazingly beautiful and unforgettable.
What are some bridal shower favors that are very easy to make and more than adorable too? Read on and find your inspiration.
- Hot chocolate mixes. Mason jars have long been a very popular wedding item – and they can make for a truly pretty bridal shower favor container too. Fill them up with hot chocolate mix and marshmallows and wrap them up in nice packaging (you can even add personalized labels and ribbons to the jars to make them more unique-looking!).
- Marbled macaroons. Delicious and irresistible, macaroons are a much-appreciated dessert and wedding favor – so they can be perfect for the bridal shower too. Have them made in a marbled color combination that matches the party’s color scheme and they will look fantastic!
- Tea bags. Do you know the bride is a big fan of tea? Personalize some of her favorite bags with her name (or any other cute message) and offer them as bridal shower favors. People will just love this sweet, healthy idea!
- Ice cream pops. Planning a summer bridal shower? Refresh the guests with some delicious ice cream pops. To make them look really special, create variations that alternate the party’s colors. Guests won’t be able to resist such a delicious, icy sweet treat!
Black Horse Inn is a splendid Virginian wedding venue – so if your friend is still searching for the right place for her Big Day, make sure you introduce her to us. With marvelous natural surroundings and a history that will add elegance to the entire Big Day, our venue is here to make our clients’ weddings feel surreally beautiful – so contact us and find out more about what we offer.
For a quick getaway, withdraw less than an hour away from DC to a tranquil and comforting escape that is Black Horse Inn. Leave behind the city as you stroll through boxwood gardens, enjoy classic films from the library, or have afternoon tea overlooking stunning open land. Pair your escape with some of these great Virginia locations, just a few miles up the road. You will be talking about your getaway for years to come.
- Empower Adventure: Middleburg, VA If you’re looking for thrill, experience the rush of flying through the tree tops on 5 different zip lining courses. The courses allow you to take in over 20 acres of beautiful flora and fauna from a height ranging from 275ft to 670ft in the air. With events such as Midnight Zip Tours and packages like Survival Challenge, this will definitely prove to be an unforgettable experience.
- Messick’s Farm’s Market: Bealeton, VA Savor the fruits of your labor as you experience delicious mouthfuls of freshly picked strawberries. Then, to keep the day from ending, grab a couple of blankets, your strawberries, local BBQ, and enjoy your ideal picnic.
- Twilight Polo: The Plains, VA Enjoy an exciting date night or evening with friends and family as you watch a fast paced arena polo match from an elevated berm covered in lush grass. As you enjoy the game, Greenhill Winery will be on site selling some of their delicious selections of wines. If you don’t want to leave after the match is over, end the evening dancing to a DJ in the pavilion.
- Marriott Ranch Guided Horseback Riding: Hume, VA Surround yourself with scenic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains as you enjoy various horse related activities. One activity including a ninety-minute horseback ride through 4,200 acres of pastures, creeks, grazing cattle, and peaceful woods. Then continue your day with a relaxing picnic basket lunch on the ranch’s gorgeous grounds.
- Pearmund Cellars Winery: Broad Run, VA. Indulge in wines that were voted as the best in the state. Wines like the 2014 Viognier that has hints of white peach and honeysuckle or a 2013 Old Vine Chardonnay that unveils flavors of butter and toasted oak with hints of ripe pears and apples. Enjoy learning about these wines and more in the Tasting Room or discover how they’re made on a customized tour.
A true craze that has swept over the world, Pokémon Go is far from being history – and, in many respects, you have to appreciate the huge phenomena, even if you’re not a big fan of the little creatures.
When it comes to your wedding though, the last thing you want is people to be glued to their screens, trying to catch them all. And even more than that, you really don’t want intruders to trespass your wedding space just because they want to hunt Pokémon.
What is there to do about it? How can you keep Pokémon from ruining your wedding day? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Put up signs. If you plan on getting married in a public space, make sure you put up signs and announce that there’s a wedding happening. A simple “Please be considerate of our special event” sign should ward off the majority of the Pokémon hunters. However, if any of them trespass your space, politely ask them in person to step away, explaining the importance of this event.
- Keep it unplugged. Want to be 100% sure your guests will not spend their time wandering after Pokémons instead of having fun on the dance floor? Plan an unplugged wedding! This way, no digital distraction will come in the way of your wedding ambiance.
- Designate “lookouts”. If you don’t want to forbid gadget use at your wedding, ask your bridesmaids or other people close to you to politely ask guests to refrain from gaming if they spend too much time doing it.
Searching for an absolutely gorgeous wedding venue in Virginia? Come see what Black Horse Inn can offer! Located in the middle of nature and surrounded by history and elegance, our venue makes for truly unforgettable weddings!
Photo credit: Kristen Gardner Photography
Your children are a hugely important part of your life! Therefore, you will definitely want them close to you in all those special and unforgettable moments – including your wedding day. How can you involve your children in the Big Day, though?
We have gathered some ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
- Include them in the attendants’ group. It doesn’t matter how young your children may be – there’s always room for Ring Bearers, Flower Girls or, why not Junior Bridesmaids or Junior Groomsmen. Not only are these roles of high importance, but they will also make your kids feel really included in the magic of the Big Day.
- Ask them to help with various tasks. Planning a wedding can be downright tiresome – so you will definitely need a helpful hand with certain tasks. If they are old enough, your kids can help with a lot of elements (e.g. they can spend time with you on the invitations, for example).
- Include them in a special photo shooting. This is a truly unique and amazing moment of your life – so you will want it captured in a genuinely gorgeous way. Why not include your kids as well? They are part of your family and they are part of your very own fairytale – so pictures with them will be not only more than appropriate, but also extremely sentimental.
- Ask them to speak, sing or perform something. Does your kid have any kind of special talent? If so, you can definitely ask him/her to sing or perform at your wedding. Also, if your children are of an appropriate age, they can also give a reading or even a toast – it will definitely make for a truly emotional moment!
Searching for the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and we guarantee you will love every single part of what we can offer here! Come visit us and you will want to book us right away!
Photo credit: Kristen Garden Photography
Your wedding has to be splendid from all points of view – and this includes every detail, from the centerpieces to the colors you use for the wedding décor, and from the delicious meal you serve, to the amazing signature cocktail you include in the Big Day.
Of course, your wedding cake makes no exception from the rule – but how do you decorate your cake table in a beautiful, nontraditional way? We have some ideas for you – so read on and find out more.
- Make it more than just about the cake. Although this is an idea that has become more popular in the past few years, it can truly bring joy and deliciousness to your guests – especially the ones with a serious sweet tooth. Create a table arrangement with your cake and several other types of sweets (pies, candy, chocolates, etc.). People will definitely love it!
- Switch the cake. Not a big fan of cake? There’s nobody to say you actually HAVE to have one at your wedding. Replace it with your favorite dessert (be it cupcakes, doughnuts or anything else) and guests will love indulging in a wider variety of sweet treats!
- A table full of fresh flowers. There’s something about fresh flowers that will always be considered gorgeously elegant and truly romantic. So, why not bring fresh flowers into your wedding cake table décor? Fill the entire table with fresh blooms and place the cake in the middle – it will look spectacular!
Black Horse Inn is a wedding venue full of tradition, beauty and timelessness. We take pride in our superb location in Savannah – but even more than that, we take pride in the fact that every wedding we host here turns out absolutely amazing. Come visit us yourself and take a look at what we can offer for your Big Day! You will not regret it!