Long hair will always be an ultra-feminine and stylish choice. But how do you style it for the Big Day? What are some of the most beautiful options you can choose as a bride with long hair?
We have some ideas and tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Return to the Glam of the Golden Hollywood. Want to look stylish, glamorous and absolutely fabulous? Take inspiration from the haircuts and styles of the 30s and 40s and curl your hair in a Hollywood-ish manner. It will look absolutely fantastic, especially with a super elegant wedding dress!
- Long, sleek, and flaweless. Kim K likes wearing her hair like this – so you can definitely wear it to your wedding the same. Keep in mind, your hair needs to be very well taken care of and nourished to look shiny and sleek! Also, using a professional hair straightened and protection products is very important too.
- Beach waves…regardless of the season. Beach waves are effortlessly beautiful, but they need to be achieved in a way that will ensure the same style throughout the entire day. That is precisely why our advice is to seek the help of an actual hairstylist to help you create the perfect beach wave hairdo.
- Half braided crown. Looking for a rustic chic style to suit your long hair (and show it off)? Pull half of your hair in a half braided crown at the back of your hair, and allow the remaining hair to flow naturally – it will look so pretty!
Searching for a stunning wedding venue in Virginia? Be sure to come and see what Black Horse Inn has to offer – we guarantee you will not regret booking us for one of the most fantastic days of your life!
Your Big Day is one of the happiest and most unforgettable days of your life – so you definitely want to look flawless. Sure, choosing a pretty dress and accessorizing it with pieces that speak about your personality are both very important – but your makeup isn’t less important in any way.
How to create the perfect look for your wedding day? Read on and find out more.
- Do you want to look like a classy bride? The key here lies in using a good foundation that matches your complexion and your skin type. A touch of pink on your lips and cheeks, a bit of nude eye shadow and just a tad of eyeliner are all you need. Of course, there are variations on this look – so don’t be afraid to play around.
- Do you want to look like the glamorous diamond you feel on the inside? Achieving a dewy look is also connected to the right foundation (you will need one that leaves the skin shinier than the usual matte foundations). A bit of good highlighter, a pair of ultra wispy eyelashes and a touch of pink gloss will surely make you feel like a real-life princess!
- Do you want to look pretty, polished, and just a bit dramatic? Opt for a smoky eye makeup, then – but do make sure the lips and the face are as subtle as possible, then. The great news? Smoky eye makeup can be achieved with a very wide range of colors, so you can use it to match to your wedding color scheme as well.
Looking for the best wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn right now and come see what we offer! You will be charmed by the simple elegance of our venue!
Your bridal bouquet is a hugely important ingredient to consider when bringing together the perfect wedding look. With so many options and combinations, though, how do you make sure you choose the right type of bouquet to suit all of your needs?
We have some tips to help you with this – so read on and find out more.
- Like it or not, most flowers have just a few months of peak blooming during the year – so you should most likely make sure your wedding season and your favorite flowers are at least somewhat congruent. Not only will it be more difficult to find your favorite blooms when they’re off-season, but it will be a lot more expensive as well. However, keep in mind that your florist will be able to help you with replacements as well.
- Color and style. Your wedding flowers don’t have to be 100% coordinated with the wedding colors, but they should be at least complementary, up to a certain extent. More importantly, though, your wedding blooms need to be well coordinated with the wedding style. For instance, if you are planning a simple pink and white wedding in a ballroom, white calla lilies will be a far better choice than white wild roses.
- Meaning and symbolism. All flowers are special in their own way, and they all bear a particular meaning with them. Write your love story in the way you choose your bridal bouquet to add a sentimental touch to your wedding processional!
Looking for a truly beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? If you want to be surrounded by old-school elegance, timelessness, history, and pure natural beauty, come visit Black Horse Inn and get acquainted with our offer. You will absolutely love it here- and so will your guests!
Your wedding menu is not something you want to skimp on – it is, after all, one of the most important parts of the Big Day, especially if you want your guests to feel excellent at your wedding.
However, that doesn’t mean you cannot make do with a smaller budget. It doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money to have the delicious food you and your guests deserve. Here are some tips to help you with this:
- Skip the cake. If you are not a particular fan of cake and if you want your wedding to be more unique, you can always skip the cake and replace it with something that’s more like you. Cheesecake is an option, for example. Serving multiple tiers of cheesecake in different flavors will surely delight all guests!
- Skip the bubbly. Of course, champagne is the most popular drink option for wedding toasts – but that doesn’t mean you absolutely have to have it at your wedding too. Wine or sparkly wine can replace it successfully – and it will cost less than champagne even if you pick a high-end variety, so that everyone is satisfied with the taste.
- Don’t skip the snacks. Serving hors d’oeuvres during the Cocktail Hour and some late-night snacks towards the end of the reception can help you save a lot of money on the main meal without compromising on the quality of the food (or even on the quantity).
Looking for a superb wedding venue in Virginia? You are in the perfect place, then! Contact Black Horse Inn and we will make sure to provide you with the very best wedding venue in the entire area. Elegant, unique, and always ready to make couples happy, our venue is here for your Big Day!
Some things are simply timeless – especially when it comes to weddings. And if you want your wedding to be just as elegant 30 years from now as it is today, timeless is just the way to go.
How to choose a timeless white wedding cake that’s both stylish and innovative at the same time? We have some ideas for you – so read on and find out more to inspire yourself.
- White and green. What could be more refreshing and pretty than the combination between pure white and lively green? A buttercream cake decorated with fresh greenery will look absolutely superb for a Spring wedding, outdoor wedding, or simply a wedding inspired by the beauties of Mother Nature.
- White and naked. Who said you can’t have both worlds? Pick a naked cake with a larger coverage of white and it will look absolutely gorgeous. Ideal for a backyard wedding, shabby chic wedding, or rustic wedding!
- White and opulent. Planning a large, very festive wedding? How about something inspired by the grace of Great Gatsby? Have your cake designer create a white wedding cake decorated with white icing patterns – pearls, geometrical shapes, stripes, lace, and so on. Even a combination of all of these will look fabulous!
- White and modern. Looking for a white wedding cake that would do perfectly well in a very modern environment? Opt for a marzipan icing white cake with a silky look to it and a minimalist cake topper to add a touch of uniqueness.
Have you found the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn and come see what we offer! We will be there to provide you with the kind of venue that can never go out of fashion – timeless, elegant, and beautiful in all seasons!
Candy bars are almost a must these days at weddings – so you probably want to create one as well. Why wouldn’t you? These sweet tables will add a lot to your wedding décor and they will definitely delight the guests as well – so you have all the reasons to love them.
How do you plan the perfect wedding candy bar, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Start with great containers. Tossing some candy on plain white plates and bowls is not the way you want to do this. Choose containers that are well coordinated with your entire wedding theme – and don’t be afraid to get creative. From pretty bowls to woven baskets and mason jars, there are a million ways to do this – pick the one that suits your style best.
- Invest in beautiful décor. You don’t have to invest a fortune in this, but you should definitely invest some time to make sure you choose the right pieces. Flowers, greenery, a very long table linen to cover the legs of the table, and even the table itself – they will all matter. Choose wisely!
- Double the candy bar as wedding favors. Provide guests with adorable boxes or envelopes they can use to grab some of the sweets to go – they will definitely love being able to create their own mix of delicious candy!
- Don’t forget about the candy! It needs to be really good looking, preferably in colors that match your wedding palette. But more than that, the candy needs to be delicious, so don’t skimp on the sweets when creating the candy bar.
Looking for the best wedding venue in Virginia? You are in the right place! Contact Black Horse Inn if you want to have a romantic wedding surrounded by the beauty of nature and history!
Your wedding cake! We bet this is one of those wedding elements that comes in close to your very own wedding gown on the list of priorities! You want this cake to look downright awe-inspiring. You want it to be fully coordinated with your wedding style. But more than anything, you want this to be a decadent, indulgent treat for everyone at your wedding.
How do you do that? Here are some of the tips you should follow:
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Your wedding cake’s flavors don’t have to be traditional, no matter how the cake looks on the outside. If you are serving a tiered cake, don’t be afraid to create different flavor combinations for each of the tiers (and if you are serving multiple smaller cakes, you can definitely take the same approach). Also, settle for unique combos and ingredients – figs, caramel, salty nuts, rose, pistachio – there’s a limitless list of options here.
- Flowers can really add a lot to the cake. Fresh edible flowers are the best wedding cake addition ever! Not only do they look fantastic, but they can taste equally great too – so don’t be afraid of being a bit creative here!
- And yes, you can totally skip the traditional cake. Replace the cake with other types of sweets arranged in towers (macarons, doughnuts – you name it). Or, if you want to be really unconventional, skip the cake-y dessert altogether and amaze your guests with a fabulous looking tower of cheese wheels! Everyone will love it!
Have you found the perfect wedding venue in Virginia? If not, you should definitely check out what Black Horse Inn has to offer! Classic, beautiful, and truly elegant, our wedding venue is perfect for couples who are in love with nature and history!
We bet you’ve seen the superb wedding cakes featuring fresh flowers as décor. But have you ever considered adding pressed flowers to your wedding food as well? As it turns out, this is one of the biggest wedding food trends for 2018 – so it is bound to be adopted by a lot of couples getting married next year.
How to pull it off? These pressed flower wedding food ideas will win your heart:
- Flowery wedding favors. And no, we’re not talking about classic cupcakes with marzipan flowers as décor. Homemade cookies filled with all the good ingredients, topped with pressed flowers – that’s what 2018 is calling for! Let’s admit it: this idea is simply irresistible: it will taste amazing, it will look surreally beautiful, and it will most definitely feel like a totally unique treat for your guests!
- Flowery party fun. Planning to serve jello shots at your wedding? That’s a great idea, especially if you want to have a huge party for the Big Day. If you also want to add a dash of femininity and beauty to your jello shots, fill them with frozen flowers. Guests will LOVE this!
- Flowery foods. A good chef will know what flowers will complement their food (both from a visual point of view and from the point of view of the taste). For instance, chrysanthemums will look amazing with spicy dishes, while pansies will be perfect for desserts.
Looking for a wedding venue in Virginia? For a place that will harbor your love story for the Big Day and help you have a truly amazing event? Contact Black Horse Inn! Our experience in hosting incredible, unforgettable weddings will definitely help you have the Big Day you have always wanted – so contact us today, come see what we offer, and book us for this fabulous life event!
Your winter wedding deserves to be absolutely fantastic! You and your love story deserve to have a Big Day torn out of a winter wonderland – and your dress will obviously play a huge role in this.
What are some of the most fabulous winter wedding gowns that will keep you warm and make you feel like the elegant Queen of the Big Day you are? Read on to inspire yourself.
- Settle for heavier fabrics. For instance, you could wear a dress made mostly from taffeta (e.g. the bottom half) and veil that’s embroidered with tri-dimensional details. This kind of design looks fantastic with long sleeves and off-the-shoulder necklines, so you can definitely settle for it if you want to be a winter bride that’s both classy and
- Wear pants. Not only is this totally acceptable these days, but it is actually a huge trend! A pair of luxurious white pants and an ultra-feminine top will make you feel so unique, so comfortable, and so elegant at the same time! This attire is bound to wow your wedding guests!
- Steal inspiration from the Roaring Twenties. What could be more fabulous, more glamorous, and more opulent than the magnificent 20s? A long mermaid-cut dress that embraces your womanly curves, embellished with stunning beadwork and golden or silver details will make you look absolutely breath-taking! And if you add a bare back into the mix, you are definitely going to steal your guests’ hearts in the blink of an eye!
Have you booked your Virginia wedding venue? Located at the confluence between the old and the new, surrounded by natural landscapes of unforgettable beauties, Black Horse Inn is the ideal wedding venue for couples who want to make their Big Day feel truly special. Contact us today and come see for yourself!
No longer is it compulsory for brides to wear sparkling white dresses on their wedding day. This may be what most ladies decide on, but it is, in the end, their option. If you want to have a wedding that steps away from tradition, but would still like to keep it low-key and elegant, a champagne wedding dress will be absolutely perfect for you.
The great news? The options you have in this category are more than generous. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- An off-the-shoulder dress with champagne as the base and a detailed white overlay. This type of dress brings together tradition and modern times like nothing else can – not to mention it will make you feel utterly beautiful as you walk down the aisle!
- A deep V-neck wedding dress with lace appliques. Looking for an ultra-feminine wedding gown design? There’s nothing like lace to speak about delicacy, beauty, and femininity – so embrace one of these gowns for your Big Day and you will feel so, so amazing in it!
- A classic ballgown, with an overly detailed bodice and a long, generous veil skirt. You can get this dress in champagne entirely, but you can also get it with a champagne under-tone that will add just a soft feminine touch of modernity to an otherwise traditional wedding dress. Perfect for brides who don’t want to be too contemporary or too conventional in any way!
Looking for the very best wedding venue in Virginia? Contact Black Horse Inn – we will be there for you to provide you with a splendid, elegant and really versatile wedding venue. We’re the kind of venue that will make you and your guests feel unforgettably well under our roof – so contact us today and allow us to help you have the most amazing wedding ever!